Halo 3 Marine Wip

Just out of curiousity...

• Campaign Guru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portable teabagging station (some of us just plain suck...but we love the armor)

• Map Forger

• Social Gamer (fun times with friends)

• Hardcore Gamer (no rank is high enough!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalosauceman

Okay, here's the deal. Cody (JangoFett140) and Ian and myself went to Anime Nebraskon 2009 together, I was their technician for the whole con (helping suit up, tear down, on-the-spot repairs, being their hands and low-level grabber) and we figured out that it became increasingly important to have someone with mobility to help out. Since I was cosplaying a Team Fortress 2 scout, I was easily the most mobile out of us and could help the best and was an extremely important part of the team, but when it was time for people to take pictures, it was always "Get out of the shot, I wanna take a picture of the Spartans!" Well, it was alright for a while and I can deal with it, it isn't a huge deal to me but it did get a little discouraging after a while. So what my solution is to this problem is to become either a Marine or an ODST, it really doesn't matter to me which one I am.

Long story short, I still want to be a technician for Spartans (helping suit up and tear down) so I need mobility, but I want to be recognized as part of the group. Marines and ODST's have better mobility than Spartans so those are my first choices, but if you have anything else you want to suggest, please don't hesitate to answer.

**ONCE SELECTED, THIS THREAD WILL BECOME A WIP THREAD**

Thanks guys, you're awesome :)

**EDIT**

Now a WIP thread for a Sniper Rifle and Halo 3 Marine. Poll updated for just fun. You can select multiple answers. Terribly sorry if this makes it a double post, I wish I could edit stuff and not do self bumps DX

you should be a marine, theyare the guys that give them the hands in the field, not ODST'S.

that or go as tech personal you see aboard the Autumn, or the ones in halo 3, go for the NEVER BEFORE stuff sort of thing. i this one would be awesome.

Engineering Crew

UNSC-OpsOfficer.jpg

Tech/Ops Crew

UNSC-EngineeringCrew.jpg

Excellent suggestion, ForgedReclaimer! This is the kind of think-outside-the-box ideas I like to see. Also, to Adam Anderson, I'm leaning towards ODST since I don't mind the extra work, and the helmet just looks fun to build rather than Marine, but mobility might be an issue due to the little notchy-thingy on the top of the shoulder.

odst2.jpg

I'm sorry if this image becomes giant, I really don't know how to use the image stuff on here. But that image is what I'm looking at for the notch. It looks like its almost touching the main shoulder strap on the torso armor.

300px-Marine.jpg

On the other hand, the Halo 1 Marine's shoulders are like giant half-cans attached to his shoulder. Perhaps do a shoulder build only first and see where the mobility lies?

Deffinately go with the marine bro.

It The armor doesn't cover your entire body, which means more mobility, but it's your call.

Have fun!!

-Pony

don't forget the Halo 3 marines...they have different armor i believe than Halo 1 and it might be more mobile than the Halo 1. The idea for the space tech's looks awesome! Can't wait to see one of those out and about!

I have decided not to go with ODST, simply for the fact that I found something that would work as great reference material and I already have basically the entire complete undersuit for the normal Marine. I may not try to put together the fatigues as seen here, but I have full BDU already because of my interest in military-simulation airsoft, and the Marines did have different patterns depending on the mission. I clearly remember an olive drab pattern in Halo 2 when on that one bridge with a bunch of Wraiths (you remember EXACTLY which level that Scarab was on ;) ). I could use the tactical vest I already own as part of the suit, too. Anyway, check out this picture for your viewing pleasure.

MarineArmoredUniform.jpg

Also, a quick note...anybody know if this is Halo 2 or 3 armour? I believe it's H2, simply for the fact that it doesn't look like Xbox 360 graphics quality. It's kinda important, that way I know what pep files to look for.

**Edited, corrected a spelling mistake**

Good choice for the marine. It's gonna be infinitely more comfortable for you :)

I agree with you on that being the H2 marine. I think the H3 ones have different helmets anyway.

Definately a Halo 3 MArine then. The armor's a bit cooler... You ahve halo 2 there, but 3's helmet has more interest. Your call. American, you could be

HALO 3 MARINES FOR THE WIN!! the marine suit is a piece of cake the chest took possibly 3-4 hours to pep so you can pep a whole suit in probibly 4 days and have it finished in maybe 3 weeks

good luck! we need more marines OORAH!

i'dd go for the marine

there are lots of people building ODST, and just a few people who are still building

the marine

Bob

Sgt.Striker said:
MarineArmoredUniform.jpg

Also, a quick note...anybody know if this is Halo 2 or 3 armour? I believe it's H2, simply for the fact that it doesn't look like Xbox 360 graphics quality. It's kinda important, that way I know what pep files to look for.

**Edited, corrected a spelling mistake**

This is the Halo 1 marine, the Halo 2 looks like a cheaper version of the Halo 3.

Halo 2

Marines_halo_2.jpg

Halo 3

Halo_3_Marine.jpg

Halo ODST

3948839233_b64e04d3a8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down ODST, Only if you're committed to it, As it is a big project, unlike Marine which is several small pieces.

Wow, so many replies in one day! I didn't really expect this to be a popular topic, hah.

GiR3892 said:
marine and odst armor are in here

Many thanks for the link, I think I'm going to do the Halo 3 Marine because of just the coolness. Someone said ODSTs are everywhere and there aren't enough Marines and I kind of agree. Not saying that those of you who have built ODST armor are any less cool, I met Loess in person at Anime Nebraskon 09 and his H2 ODST was pure awesome. I think I can use my Condor chest rig because of the MOLLE system to help attach my armor and hold it in place, if that doesn't work then I can use JangoFett140's buckle system to hold it all in place. Hooray for legit equipment, lol.

Also, that shoulder piece looks like it could cause mobility issues, but I think I have a good fix for that. Once it's done (I'll be using the rondo technique) I'll use a dremel to cut the top piece from the bicep piece and reconnect it with nylon straps so it has room to flex. That way I can actually use my arms to help other 405th members, the main mission in mind.

**EDIT**

Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong piece. Hah, I feel so smart now.

glad to see you finally get rollin on a project man....hmmm try to get a house with a place for us to work in the winter where its warm XD

JangoFett140 said:
glad to see you finally get rollin on a project man....hmmm try to get a house with a place for us to work in the winter where its warm XD

The first house we looked at tonight had a really decent sized garage so we'd have a good place to work in there, and I'm going to the second house tomorrow in the morning. First house looking good, giant back yard for happy fun teimz. Don't ask what I mean by that, I don't really know XD But yeah, garage space will be available for us to work with. Also, I need your help with scaling the pieces of armor, we'll do that Sunday probably. Then after we get the measurements and scaling we can talk with yodajammies or however he spells his user name about the cutting service. Might have to save up for that ;D

I put down marine the only reason being ODSTs are pretty suited up with geart themselves and marines seem like they'd be much easier in mobility terms. In terms of how FLIPPIN AWESOME it would look with spartans and ODSTs... that wins big time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back