Halo 3 midnight release Event, Columbus OH. looking for volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

llewsilverhand2

I was curious if there was anyone in or near Columbus ohio that currently has a nice working set of armor. My work is having a midnight opening for the Halo 3 release and we were looking for some volunteer costumers etc. I am a fellow costumer with the 501st and have done releases with my work before and am familiar with the undertakings of this etc. It would be strictly volunteer (like usual) but just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks Sean

llewsilverhand2 said:
I was curious if there was anyone in or near Columbus ohio that currently has a nice working set of armor. My work is having a midnight opening for the Halo 3 release and we were looking for some volunteer costumers etc. I am a fellow costumer with the 501st and have done releases with my work before and am familiar with the undertakings of this etc. It would be strictly volunteer (like usual) but just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks Sean

I live in Munster Indiana... First off I don't think my parents would allow that and secondly I haven't finished my armor yet... :\

Just wanted to throw that out there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
I live in Munster Indiana... First off I don't think my parents would allow that and secondly I haven't finished my armor yet... :\
Just wanted to throw that out there...

Hey, my grandma lives rightout there and I'm near Chicago, Illinois. Once you finish, would you want to be a Spartan in my Halo movie for cinema study? If we have to, we can drive out near you and film as long as there is some sort of wooded area near you.

papamurf812 said:
Hey, my grandma lives rightout there and I'm near Chicago, Illinois. Once you finish, would you want to be a Spartan in my Halo movie for cinema study? If we have to, we can drive out near you and film as long as there is some sort of wooded area near you.

I live by a creek... Lol...

Still looking for anyone in the Columbus Area, who would be interested in dressing up and volunteering at a midnight release event for the ne Halo 3 game.

llewsilverhand2 said:
Still looking for anyone in the Columbus Area, who would be interested in dressing up and volunteering at a midnight release event for the ne Halo 3 game.
Sorry, I'm gonna have school the next day. It's like a 6 hour drive to where you are.

llewsilverhand2 said:

Can...you get a me an airplane ticket to your location? I could do it...but I do need a ticket as well as a place to stay type of situation..

darkesword2020 said:
Can...you get a me an airplane ticket to your location? I could do it...but I do need a ticket as well as a place to stay type of situation..

Sorry...I can garuntee that we would not be willing to cover that etc. This is a midnight release for a local retailer in the Columbus Oh area and am focusing on people within driving distance from our store.

Thanks though for your interest. Check around in you local area etc. There is a good possibility that some of the retailers in your area are doing the same thing and I know that they would be more than happy to get the help in publicity around the release of the game. Just contact the mgmnt at the local games retailers and see if they are doing anything and then offer to volunteer etc.

The new Halo xbox 360 that comes out this Sunday is pretty cool looking too.

llewsilverhand2 said:
Sorry...I can garuntee that we would not be willing to cover that etc. This is a midnight release for a local retailer in the Columbus Oh area and am focusing on people within driving distance from our store.

Thanks though for your interest. Check around in you local area etc. There is a good possibility that some of the retailers in your area are doing the same thing and I know that they would be more than happy to get the help in publicity around the release of the game. Just contact the mgmnt at the local games retailers and see if they are doing anything and then offer to volunteer etc.
The new Halo xbox 360 that comes out this Sunday is pretty cool looking too.

Gotcha, well...I'm already gonna be at Microcenter since they're doing that costume contest for the Free Legendary edition of Halo 3...I'll be doing it.

Cool anyways....sorry I couldn't do it for ya :(

Does anyone know if they have dogtags at other walmarts at the midnight release? My walmart has em for any Halo 3 purchase.

llewsilverhand2 you're a Fricken Noob for joining this forum just to promote the sale at your store at Columbus. Tell Kirk to suck my balls. MicroCenter as a whole is a huge rip off I'd never buy anything from there. They'd probably try to get one of you guys to volunteer so that they can avoid giving out some stupid silly prize.

llewsilverhand2 you're a Fricken Noob for joining this forum just to promote the sale at your store at Columbus. Tell Kirk to suck my balls. MicroCenter as a whole is a huge rip off I'd never buy anything from there. They'd probably try to get one of you guys to volunteer so that they can avoid giving out some stupid silly prize.

Chill.
Pill.

Ok....I will admit that I am a "noob" as you would say to the whole Halo armor costuming thing. But I can probably say that I have logged more time in costume than some people on here. I have experience in costuming and am a proud member of the 501st legion. I have promoted many new release events for the Star Wars films. I Love costuming and know the fun that I had when I was able to help out with promoting a new release etc. Just for the simple fact that I enjoy the things that I am helping promote. Being that I am wearing a costume from the George Lucas Empire ( one that I don't own the rights to). The same is said about the Halo Costume and the legalities around the fact that the Halo Characters are copy righted. It is a priviledge to be able to wear all of the above costumes. Not mention a total Blast. (y)

And, yes I did come here to post about a new release event for the 'HALO" game. Wouldn't you if you were looking for "HALO" Costumers? :rolleyes

Anyways that particular branch in Columbus Blows and so do the mangers Kirk and whoever that short assistant fag who drives a mini van everyday. I did intern work at the Hilliard branch (Main Office HQ, Accounting) and realized how corrupted and screwed up that company is when it comes to selling computers. I've first hand seen those morning sale meetings they hold, and laugh. Ripping off the customers seems to be priority one at that store, and the employees at least mangers are assholes. I wouldn't support anything that company did. Hell I worked there and wanted out immediately. Therefore wouldn't promote anything they did there, or even suggest to others to shop there. Shop there only if you wanna get ripped off. If you loved someone you wouldn't tell them to shop there, I know that I don't. Everyone I've met I've told shop there as a "Last Resort."

And if you doubt me, tell me about "Attachment Sales" And if you can explain how the promotion of these sales every morning in "Morning Sale Meetings" Aren't about ripping off the customer then I'll listen to you. Anything revolving around the sale of a PC is god awful ripoff at this store. Only desperate or Clueless people shop here. Anyone with half a brain and the internet will stay 50 miles clear of it.

Andrew L said:
Darkloki you may not want to call other people noobs. you notice you only have 1 post...yeah.

I wouldn't join a forum just to promote the sale of some Halo 3 game, especially if it was a crappy store like Microcenter ( I interned there for an entire quarter I would know) . INstead.. I'd join to voice my opinion against the silly idea and say why it's dumb.

1) I don't ever remember saying anything about this being for "Microcenter".............and this request wasn't.

2) I didn't only join to promote the event.......yeah I found the site originally to promote the event......But, being a costumer am very intrigued about the MC Suit etc.

So, please I nor anyone else cares about what and what not about Microcenter. This was a request for volunteers not a discussion about how much you hated your previous employer. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back