1st Build Halo 3 MK VI build (foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am using the ones from the armory. I am using the Halo 3 - MJOLNIR Mark VI - Standard LD files.

I also did download templates from Pretzel's google drive locker. idk if they are the some or not.

Actually I am using the ones from the armory. I am using the Halo 3 - MJOLNIR Mark VI - Standard LD files.

I also did download templates from Pretzel's google drive locker. idk if they are the some or not.
will you be using all foam or mostly foam?

Any tips for using the set of foam files from the armory's folder? Especially with the folds in some of the pieces and the details in the hand plates?

Any tips for using the set of foam files from the armory's folder? Especially with the folds in some of the pieces and the details in the
For the hand plates all I did was cut out the circles and the middle piece and then glue them a little more in. Here is a picture to help understand:
1626046254073.png
As for tips, I can suggest to really study the 3d model that pepakura shows you and to also compare that to reference images from the game. For the folds, all I did was follow the lines that the template provided. But keep in mind that pepakura was meant for paper, not foam, so sometimes you have to be the judge to see if the cut is worth it or not.

For the hand plates all I did was cut out the circles and the middle piece and then glue them a little more in. Here is a picture to help understand:
View attachment 307707
As for tips, I can suggest to really study the 3d model that pepakura shows you and to also compare that to reference images from the game. For the folds, all I did was follow the lines that the template provided. But keep in mind that pepakura was meant for paper, not foam, so sometimes you have to be the judge to see if the cut is worth it or not.
Ok, cool, thanks for the advice. I'll hopefully finally be starting my own project in a couple of weeks. Just need to find some foam to use.

Your armor is looking really good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how your progress continues.

I am using hot glue. I don't really have the space to use contact cement
Looks great to me! If you’d like added strength, run a thin bead of hot glue on the inside seams of your work. It’ll reinforce the strength of the connection and make sure the seams don’t rip in high stress places.

So I had to redo the cod piece as it was too small. But I did manage to find some compression shirts and pants for cheap. Here are some pics from the test fitting:
1626561031577.png1626560963655.png1626560910676.png
Nothing is padded or strapped yet so some pieces might look a little off.

Wow! I would totally believe you if you told me that this is your 2nd or 3rd build! The foam work is incredible!

Yeah so I managed to finally finish the chest piece (which was a pain to do) and as I was trying it on with some rough strapping... Yeah it was way too small. So now I'm going to have to redo the chest. Also, I somehow managed to burn my finger with hot glue so it might take longer to complete it.

1627141976931.png1627142021163.png

That looks fantastic! I can’t say I have managed to burn myself with hot glue, but I have had a molten piece of PLA fuse to my fingernail. That was quite painful.

Looking fantastic! I still can’t believe how clean your foam work is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back