1st Build Halo 3 MK6 armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will look ok. I'll have to see what I can do for the edges. Idk how well I can get the burn marks off of it.

What's the best material to make the inner thigh pieces out of? I need something that's flexible.

Does anyone have files for the MK6 Gen 1 thighs without the inner part? I tried cutting it out of moe's design, but I can't get it looking good at all.

I tried searching for it, but I can't find anything using the forum search function.

Does anyone have files for the MK6 Gen 1 thighs without the inner part? I tried cutting it out of moe's design, but I can't get it looking good at all.

I tried searching for it, but I can't find anything using the forum search function.
I have a 3d printed MKVI build started and I’ll be doing this at some point. I want to have them be foam and vinyl on the insides as well. I just don’t have the time to work on armor the moment. Too many large house projects. So sorry can’t help you right this second but the original asset files or with a pep model it wouldn’t be too hard to do with Blender.

Man, this build is coming along great! That bed liner gives it a really interesting texture, I think it'll look great with the whole suit like that. Two things I wanna know are where did you pick up your visor, and how much have you spent on filament so far? I'm thinking about printing a suit and was wondering what sort of investment that'd be. Cheers!

Man, this build is coming along great! That bed liner gives it a really interesting texture, I think it'll look great with the whole suit like that. Two things I wanna know are where did you pick up your visor, and how much have you spent on filament so far? I'm thinking about printing a suit and was wondering what sort of investment that'd be. Cheers!
Thanks!!!

I got the visor on Etsy from branfur studios.
Im almost afraid to count how much I’ve spent of filament. I think I have gone through close to 14 KGs now. That’s about $280 so far. I’ve got probably another $80 in more filament to go.

Thanks!!!

I got the visor on Etsy from branfur studios.
Im almost afraid to count how much I’ve spent of filament. I think I have gone through close to 14 KGs now. That’s about $280 so far. I’ve got probably another $80 in more filament to go.
That's crazy! Sounds like it'll probably end up costing $500+ in the end I reckon. Are you talking in American Dollars?

That's crazy! Sounds like it'll probably end up costing $500+ in the end I reckon. Are you talking in American Dollars?
Yea. I'm in the US.

$500 would be amazing. This project has already costed around $550. Not just in filiment, but finishing stuff, sand paper, paint, linex for the helmet, and rapter liner for the top coat of some sections.

The linex treatment for the rest of the armor will cost about $200 to 300.

Once it's all said and done, I will probably spend about $1000 on it. I'm working on a air circulation system for the helmet and the rest of the suit, a 1000 lumen lighting system for the helmet, and what I'm most exited about, a full HUD.

A developer friend and I are working on code that will take GPS, DMR radio, LoRaWan, and bluetooth and map it all to a HUD. It will have a real map in the bottom corner, fake ammo tracking for my dummy gun, for fun I might build a real tracker for my airsoft gun just to show it off. Using wideband bluetooth, I will be able to give anyone I want a small tracker and it should show up in the HUD as friend. It would be super cool to do foe tracking, but short of LiDAR or radar there's no way to track people without a Bluetooth tag.

Yea. I'm in the US.

$500 would be amazing. This project has already costed around $550. Not just in filiment, but finishing stuff, sand paper, paint, linex for the helmet, and rapter liner for the top coat of some sections.

The linex treatment for the rest of the armor will cost about $200 to 300.

Once it's all said and done, I will probably spend about $1000 on it. I'm working on a air circulation system for the helmet and the rest of the suit, a 1000 lumen lighting system for the helmet, and what I'm most exited about, a full HUD.

A developer friend and I are working on code that will take GPS, DMR radio, LoRaWan, and bluetooth and map it all to a HUD. It will have a real map in the bottom corner, fake ammo tracking for my dummy gun, for fun I might build a real tracker for my airsoft gun just to show it off. Using wideband bluetooth, I will be able to give anyone I want a small tracker and it should show up in the HUD as friend. It would be super cool to do foe tracking, but short of LiDAR or radar there's no way to track people without a Bluetooth tag.
Those are some ambitious goals. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, so keep it up!

Those are some ambitious goals. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, so keep it up!
haha. I think that ambitious is an understatement.

Here's some more build progress:

I rescaled the boot sections and they are looking great. I think that lace cover is a little big as it sits higher than the back.

61A67039-7B5A-4E39-ACCC-F2D0C0D76FF4_1_105_c.jpeg

I think that I have got the shin armor working and looking super good.

50D1B629-6D17-4325-ABB2-134319FA0A6E_1_105_c.jpeg

The only thing that I'm a little concirned about is that it may be a little to long. But that's a fixable issue. I had to remake Moe's design and add a cutout on the pack part of the piece so that I can actually fit my foot into it.

BD40EDDA-0131-41CC-B57E-D0FB91270FE8_1_105_c.jpeg

Should look pretty good after I build the retention system for it!

Also, here's a picture with what I have built of the upper section of the armor. Im still working on the padding and everything it pretty much just stuffed with EVA so I could take this picture.

B354E148-7716-485C-AD2C-D0E762C18CA2_1_105_c.jpeg

I got some nylon strapping to connect the two halves of the torso. It seems to be working super well, but I have to come up with a new way to connect the strapping from the two parts together. A buckle is a little hard to connect when it's inside of the armor. I think I'll end up doing to slim buckle that sits in the area where the connection between the two is in the game. But I'm super happy with how it's coming together!

Let me know what you guys think so far!

I just finished with the last print for the COD piece. It fits together perfectly and it actually seems to be a lot easier to sit down in than I thought it would be.

IMG_5425.jpeg

I also redesigned the strapping system for the torso and replaced it with backpack clips from REI. They work fantastically and keep the two halves connected really well.

IMG_5423.jpeg

I have to find a way to hide the excess strapping, but that should be pretty easy. The buckles are just going to be covered by a 3d printed part that looks like it belongs on the armor instead of a backpack.

For the helmet, did you purchase the visor? if so, how did you get the right size?
I purchased the visor from brahnfur studios. (sorry if I butchered his name) I didn't measure and I just kind of hoped that it would work. Not the best way to do it, but it's A way to do it.

Hi, build looking very nice here. Mind sharing what 3d printer you are using?
I am using a CR10s Pro that I upgraded with a BL touch sensor.

Ok. So I've finally pretty much nailed down all of the armor components and the last 2 are printing now.

I bought one of the EVAkura wraps for part of the underarmor, and now I'm starting to work on the other sections.

What has worked well for things like the shoulders, elbows, knees, etc. for other people? Is there a pre made solution that you can just buy? Or is it somthing that you have to form and mold yourself?

Ok. I’ve got all the parts ready to go.

I started trying to make a system to support everything, but I’m really struggling with the cod thigh and shin pieces.

Does anyone have any tips that could help?

I'm no expert on strapping armor. yet. But I would where a belt underneath the halo belt and attach straps that form a loop onto the top of the thigh pieces. Which will allow you to where the thigh armor. For the shins, I recommend that you insulate with as much foam as possible to make it nice and snug. Hope this helps you. If you still need help, I'll post some pictures of my strapping system on my Infinite MC thread.

I'm no expert on strapping armor. yet. But I would where a belt underneath the halo belt and attach straps that form a loop onto the top of the thigh pieces. Which will allow you to where the thigh armor. For the shins, I recommend that you insulate with as much foam as possible to make it nice and snug. Hope this helps you. If you still need help, I'll post some pictures of my strapping system on my Infinite MC thread.
That would be awsome! Can you post a link to your thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back