~Halo 3 Recon Helmet WIP~

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCBTVHALO

I would like to say first of all, thank you community for showing me some of your awesome creations! I really enjoyed watching cool threads of people making their armor pieces and helmets, it got me into doing it myself! So I've started making the Recon helmet from Halo 3. Haven't really thought about making a full set of armor yet, I just need to get used to making these. I have already cut out all the pieces and glued them together. Took about 2 days to finish it. Here is what I have so far:

u0OpzT8.jpg
I still love how it looks on my desk
ZWK9mXz.jpg
Side View
Bfa3pUH.jpg
It fits! Hooray!!
TVau7Vt.jpg
Side View with it on my head

If you guys have any tips to pass along for a newbie, it's greatly appreciated! Next I'll be heading off to do some fiber-glass resin layering. I'm still kind of wondering if I should keep the inner visor part on the helmet, I think it's still a part of the helmet itself. What do you guys think? Let me know! Thanks a lot and keep being awesome guys and I'll keep you updated!

Alrighty guys! I was finally able to start the fiberglass resin phase and before I did that, I went ahead and added cardboard inside of the helmet to keep its structure (in case of warping). I'm currently waiting for the resin to cure and I will give you guys more updates here real soon! Stay awesome~

QdQJdtk.jpg
I added pieces of stable cardboard to keep the visor the exact height I had it set to.

8B10ZtM.jpg
Cardboard for the inside. Note that I taped these in and didn't use glue (Smart move)

I'll send another update when the resin cures tomorrow!

Hey guys! Sorry to keep you guys waiting, school kinda caught up to me again. But hey, during the weekend I was finally able to finish of the outside layers of fiberglass resin, and I have to admit, it's looking pretty goooood.

w7QUbuD.jpg
Front side. All I need to do is to sand off the drips of resin, not much of a pain but, eh, it'll make it look a lot better with the bondo on it. Except for the fiberglass cloth step on the inside of course. Don't want to get too ahead of myself ^^;

2MQSZaU.jpg

Well, I'll do my best to keep you guys updated. I'm looking towards the weekend to get the inside of the helmet done, plus maybe do some sanding as well. Anyways I'll see you guys in the next update!

Hey guys! I'm back again with another update! So far the weather hasn't been too great because of rain and such, but I have finally got a weekend where I could do more work. Today I have finished on my Fiberglass cloth on the inside of the helmet since I don't have any Rondo. I already did the 2nd layer of fiberglass resin on the helmet before I did the cloth, and all is looking quite swell! I don't have any pictures to show yet, but tomorrow I'll be starting the bondo stage and I'll give you guys some pictures on the inside of my helmet. I'm still open to any helpful tips from you guys to help pass along to a newbie, I'm not finished with the helmet yet so all tips are helpful. Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys later in another update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back