First Build - Recon MKV(B)

Maybe somebody might know, but I need some help in reference to attachment on my shoulder pieces to my bicep. They are a little heavy since they are 3D printed and I am worried contact cement won't hold for them since vertical cementing doesn't hold weight well. Anyone have any ideas?
I know someone mentioned to me to screw them in in 2 spots minimum for both pieces. Not sure if that's a great solution but it is a solution.

Also I have my shin pieces separated per katanabeatspaper.industries suggested and will be trying out the elastic and buckle method. I'm a little concerned over how I can attach the knees to the shin as they printed a little bigger though. So hopefully it goes well :D

eeeeh my suit's foam and therefore my shoulders are light as a feather and contact cement hold just fine... but for you perhaps super glue may work? I like the idea of using screws or tensions pins to give it some more support. Ideally, the piece would be modelled to accept a pin or dowel to support it. It's a bit trickier to reinforce after it's printed.

2 part epoxy is your best bet for making sure they stay secured. I agree with adding a screw/pin/dowel connecting the 2 in addition to the epoxy to prevent shearing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back