Halo 3 Recon/ODST Spartan build

Status
Not open for further replies.

KernelArthritis

I started working on my second suit of armor a couple of months ago and wanted to share my progress so far.

The armor is based off of the armor customization in Halo 3 from the Master Chief Collection. A combination of Halo 3 Recon upper body, and Halo 3 ODST legs.

ODStRecon.png

The look I am trying to mimic

New Helmet 1.jpg
New Helmet Test.jpg

The second version of my Recon helmet with the chest piece

Test Fit.jpg

The first full test fit of the armor once it was all done printing with my first Recon helmet I printed.

I plan on doing a lot more of the next couple of months. I still do not have a good under suit or a harness to mount all of the armor to. I will also be making some props to go with it like the Halo 3 AR and Magnum

I have not been able to do much work on the armor since it has been too cold for me and getting sick.

Today though I was able to do some work since it is great weather and I am feeling a little bit better.

chest.jpg

The chest plate is almost ready for paint. I still have to fill some small gaps but i should be able to do that in the next couple of days.

back.jpg

The back plate still needs a bit of work until it is ready for paint. I do not plan on getting too crazy with removing layer lines since the back wont be looked at as much as the front will be.

I also have two weapons that are done printing that will be going part of the whole suit and a third that is almost done.

All of them will have purple accent colors that match the main suit to make it seem like they are really mine instead of just standard issue spartan weapons.

pistol.jpg

M6G magnum. It is not the halo 3 magnum but I like the look of this one a bit more.

ar.jpg

The MA5C assault rifle. Easily one of my favorite weapons from all of Halo.

laser.jpg

Most of the Halo 3 Spartan Laser. not full scale but more in line with my size compared to chiefs.

I am also thinking of repainting some of my other Halo 3 helmets and printing a few others so I can swap out the Recon helmet for things like Hayabusa or EOD.

Hopefully I start to feel better so I can make more progress especially since the next couple of weeks will be 75+ outside and sunny.

I did a bit of work today. Most of the right side of the armor is ready for paint as well as the entire chest plate.

I haven't decided if i am going to use ODST style boots and fingerless gloves or if I am going to use the armored boots and hand plates that Spartans use.

Here is some pictures of the work I did today. There are still some layer lines that are visible but between the regular base colors and the heavy weathering I plan on doing most of it will be covered.

image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

I did a bit of work today. Most of the right side of the armor is ready for paint as well as the entire chest plate.

I haven't decided if i am going to use ODST style boots and fingerless gloves or if I am going to use the armored boots and hand plates that Spartans use.

Here is some pictures of the work I did today. There are still some layer lines that are visible but between the regular base colors and the heavy weathering I plan on doing most of it will be covered.

View attachment 318069View attachment 318070View attachment 318071View attachment 318072View attachment 318073
This whole thing looks absolutely amazing! Wonderful job on it! Cant wait to see the whole thing once it's fully finished!

This whole thing looks absolutely amazing! Wonderful job on it! Cant wait to see the whole thing once it's fully finished!
Thank you very much! I am spending a lot more time on this suit compared to my first one which was the raw prints with a coat of black primer on it

A little bit more work early this morning.

I painted the chest plate black last night and let it sit over night. This morning it was dry so I masked off the areas I want to keep black.

I then used some rough sea salt sprinkled over the entire thing to do small little chips of black that come through the purple.

Finally I started to use some Vallejo hobby paint Fantasy Alien Purple as my base color. I ran out of the purple after doing a mist coat so I will have to wait to finish it

Black Chest.jpg

Purple Chest.jpg

A bit of a photo dump

I did a lot of work today basically the entire right side and chest plate of the armor is done!

I still need to work on the left side plus the waist pieces.

Most of the smaller things like hand plates and vent details are being printed right now.

Once I find boots that I like and will fit inside of the shins then I’ll do the boot armor

600A651B-9AB7-409B-8B95-E780077493EE.jpeg

207E49D5-E844-49A9-A697-D4B00732B96D.jpeg

D81A678A-826B-43AB-88A3-874D5667BFD7.jpeg

3A1595AB-8890-4F93-9510-AA5613F2D666.jpeg
B0F753EF-418D-443B-999B-D8045CA42AA1.jpeg
AB1FF9BE-2919-4CA2-8A1A-73CC4969DABD.jpeg

I decided today since the weather isn’t great I should adjust some straps for the armor to make things sit a little better.

The hardest part is still the shoulders /biceps which I can’t put on myself.

I should find a way to have them secured to something other than the back plate.

All that is left to print are the boots and pouches for the thighs/hips.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to get a lot of work done including finding a good clear coat so I don’t rub the paint off of pieces while walking.

E24DB53F-5EB5-48FD-B7B1-519DD1A3A6D3.png

9B0089D7-BED4-4060-B745-1CF2C6ED8607.png

Another day of work on the armor. I started sanding and primeing most of the remaining pieces today.

I also started making the inner part of the thighs out of foam which I had never tried before.

They aren’t perfect so I will keep redoing them until I am happy.

I’m also considering trying to get my suit deployed at tier 3 instead of 2.

I’m going to be doing a lot of work that I haven’t attempted before like making the gen 2 tech suit for the armor since it seems to be easier to make compared to gen 1.

191F3DD2-83E0-49BD-81C2-5BFA52AAD1FB.jpeg

C998D39B-6A66-4C10-A40F-BB4887BBB88D.jpeg

8B452DB0-345B-4296-869A-91A0860D3E16.jpeg

89F25588-0C3F-4E85-8F72-5CD5D468913D.jpeg

Most of the printed parts of the armor are done now!

I still have a lot of work to do before I try to go for deployment but I at least can wear it and have it look good.

I still plan on doing the gen2 tech suit and I need to print the boots. I already have the butt plate printed as well as the pouches to mount to the thighs

9244A3DE-F792-4368-AD6E-048BAE62DD47.jpeg

6959064F-0045-42CE-9486-15C2BACA4826.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back