Halo 3 skull/oddball (PIC HEAVY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST TJ92

The skull is now improved with some awesome paint work (eyes, nose, teeth and the weird -god knows what- hole) . And it only took about 20 mins! Best skull ever made??

Pics:
9946999.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9947002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9947003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm no Osteologist but i don't think skulls have odd angles like that? Is there a reason you didn't use bondo to round the edges? And where did you find the file for this?

I'm no Osteologist but i don't think skulls have odd angles like that? Is there a reason you didn't use bondo to round the edges? And where did you find the file for this?

bondo didnt fix the edges well. Maybe the layer wasnt thick enough. :(

This is actually pretty cool, Bit I for one wouldn't really spend my time making a skull when I could go to a dollar store and buy one of the plastic skulls and carve in the symbols. But I am also kinda lazy. :p

This is actually pretty cool, Bit I for one wouldn't really spend my time making a skull when I could go to a dollar store and buy one of the plastic skulls and carve in the symbols. But I am also kinda lazy. :p

I would do that as well, just as my personal opinion. Then again, I'm lazy too. Still, that's a nice skull you have there, ever thought about posing with that?

bondo didnt fix the edges well. Maybe the layer wasnt thick enough. :(

Yeah, that was probably it.With a piece that has that sharp of edges, you're going to need quite a bit of bondo to smooth it out well. Heres a little tip: I personally prefer to smooth out a model as much as I possibly can while im constructing the pep, thus greatly reducing the amount of bondo and sanding you have to do in the end. In order to make your pep more smooth, find the "settings" tab in pep designer. Click it and then click the "other settings" button in the menu that drops down. This will open up a a box with a bunch of settings in it. Now it should already be on the "line style" tab, but if not, click it. At the bottom of the box there should be the word "threshold" and a box with a number next to it. The higher the number in that box, the more angular the model will be. Just do a little trial and error and find a number that gets rid of the unneeded angles but keeps the important ones. Try it out sometime, It really helps with smoothing in the long run, and will definately decrease the time you take sanding and all that boring stuff. Hope this helps!

Helped indeed. Thanks. :) This project is done and finished. And I actually like the skull with those edges. ;) It looks cool like that. ;)

I like it. Finished or not it's cool. I, personally, would bondo the crap out of it since bondo already kinda has a whitish color and bone-hard feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back