Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeKegan said:
Thank you guys,

I'm honored that the site has bestowed this on me.

Can't thank them enough for giving me some place to show off my prop's
and the ability to get help from such a great group of people!

Thanks again.

LeeKegan

As a good friend of mine (from another of the prop forums I'm a member of) used to say: "Kewlness begats kewlness". I think everyone would agree you fall into the "way kewl" category. I know I think that of you, buddy!

Ithica said:
Congrats on the status...long deserved.

Ithica

Indeedy-do!

Shade said:
(y)

Congrats, by the time your work is done, we're gonna have the whole UNSC Armory here. ;)

I'd say he's already well on his way with that (M6G, BR, SR, next: SPNKr), lol.

roguewarrior2001 said:
Help

I have fallen and I can't get up!

OMG Lee that is some of the most amazing wood work I have seen in a long time! congratz on the Elete status if anyone deserves it, it would be you.
I can say that folks use different methods of building but wood is new, and unusual, least most prop mamkers build out of something different. I find that refreshing and I am utterly blown away.

Maybe someday I might get something nice but I doubt ever that nice.. Keep posting your progress.

Speaking of which... have you been able to put any time in on the scope? Not meaning to nag you or anything (who am I kidding? Of course I mean to, lol), but I'm sure others are just as eager as I am to see what "surprises" you have in mind for that part of the build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
Oh snap and he's in indiana :D
Congrats!

All of us in the Indiana area will have to have a get together one of these days.

Ithica said:
Congrats on the status...long deserved.

Ithica

Shade said:
(y)

Congrats, by the time your work is done, we're gonna have the whole UNSC Armory here. ;)

Thats my hope! and after molding that everyone else can get their own.

roguewarrior2001 said:
Help

I have fallen and I can't get up!

OMG Lee that is some of the most amazing wood work I have seen in a long time! congratz on the Elete status if anyone deserves it, it would be you.
I can say that folks use different methods of building but wood is new, and unusual, least most prop mamkers build out of something different. I find that refreshing and I am utterly blown away.

Maybe someday I might get something nice but I doubt ever that nice.. Keep posting your progress.

Thank you. Just keep working on your props and they will get there.

SPARTAN II said:
Speaking of which... have you been able to put any time in on the scope? Not meaning to nag you or anything (who am I kidding? Of course I mean to, lol), but I'm sure others are just as eager as I am to see what "surprises" you have in mind for that part of the build.

I'm getting ready to start, just had to get the cash to but the baby monitor.

Also I want to thank everyone for their comments.

You guys are what make me strive to produce my props. Just from seeing all the other great work!

LeeKegan said:
[...]

Thats my hope! and after molding that everyone else can get their own.

[...]

You guys are what make me strive to produce my props. Just from seeing all the other great work!

BOLD # 1: Definately looking forward to that phase of this project, buddy :D

BOLD # 2: Sweet deal. I forgot you'd mentioned the use of a baby monitor, lol.

BOLD # 3: Imho, the sign of a good online prop community is one where there's a constant back-and-forth of members inspiring/motivating other members to do projects. And, we've certainly got that going on here :D

Congrats on the Elite status Lee! But I think they gave it to you too early. I mean if the scope's as cool as I'm expecting what are they going to promote you to then? Ultra Elite?:lol:

flying_squirl said:
W00T! Well done! long time coming but definatly deserved! Now we can go hang out in that secret Elite Sub-Forum.

...just kidding
...or am i?!

:p

I knew it! Elitist B&$#@&ds! Y'all just think you're sooo good don't chya? :p ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Imho, the sign of a good online prop community is one where there's a constant back-and-forth of members inspiring/motivating other members to do projects. And, we've certainly got that going on here :D

Agreed. It helps so much to have other creative people to bat ideas backwards and forwards with. Shame fluffing around, researching, on the internet eats up so much build time though. :whistle:

LeeKegan said:

Baby monitor? I knew you'd go all the way, I knew it! Lee my friend you are such a saucy flirt! Enough thanking us already and get in the workshop ya fithy tease! (y)

errr... :p Started on that barrel :p got it to size..I think, im just using my eye to measure things :p Since its a Freehand project.

Was Wondering if LeeKegan can hold the Sniper rifle, i need a reference picture of someone holding the sniper rifle :p I checked weta's pictures but, their model is ...different, and i copied from SPARTAN II's Plans of the sniper rifle, which LeeKegan used to produce that wonderful piece of craftsmanship.
^^^^^
Just wondering :p

THANK YOU! :p
SprayNoob
(So many :p, how many do you see?)

SprayNoob said:
Was Wondering if LeeKegan can hold the Sniper rifle, i need a reference picture of someone holding the sniper rifle :p I checked weta's pictures but, their model is ...different, and i copied from SPARTAN II's Plans of the sniper rifle, which LeeKegan used to produce that wonderful piece of craftsmanship.

I see a bunch, but the Sniper is on its way down to Adam via Ithica right now.

Some where in the Air or ground right now??????

but the Sniper is on its way down to Adam via Ithica right now.

Wait.... Does that imply molding? You sneaky devil! :ninja: I didn't think it was done already Lee! Congrats! Did you post the finished shots? Or did I just overlook them? I have a tendency to do that when I'm excited :whistle: Lol

HeavyGunner said:
Wait.... Does that imply molding? You sneaky devil! :ninja: I didn't think it was done already Lee! Congrats! Did you post the finished shots? Or did I just overlook them? I have a tendency to do that when I'm excited :whistle: Lol

The main body and mag are done and I have order the baby monitor. I will start on the scope when the baby monitor gets here and I can tear it apart to see how I'm going to make it fit and opperate.

The monitor even has night vision I think. We will see.

Until then the main SR should be getting to Adam on Monday.

box o crayons said:
awsome more things to save up for and so the scope is going to be functional

Sorry, but yes thats the plan. I don't think the molded one will be. That would cost more than the SR.

juliet76 said:
[...]

Agreed. It helps so much to have other creative people to bat ideas backwards and forwards with. Shame fluffing around, researching, on the internet eats up so much build time though. :whistle:

[...]

Without a doubt. And I'd say this community is definately one of the better ones for that :D

SprayNoob said:
[...]

^^^^^
Just wondering :p

[...]

I'm glad to see others are getting some use out of those schematics! :D

LeeKegan said:
The main body and mag are done and I have order the baby monitor. I will start on the scope when the baby monitor gets here and I can tear it apart to see how I'm going to make it fit and opperate.

The monitor even has night vision I think. We will see.

Until then the main SR should be getting to Adam on Monday.

It'll be way kewl if you can manage to incorporate the night vision into your working version of the scope. I'd love to see that, buddy.

And awesome news on the SR going to Adam for molding/casting. I can't wait to see how that turns out *wrings hands in anticipation* :D

Your work allways impreses me you have the coolest looking sniper rifle and BR i seen on here
dont want to say everyone elses suck but this ones are awesome
keep it up

Oh My God... I love you, and I think I jizzed in my pants...

I'm making my own sniper rifle, though its out of pep, resin, and expanding foam, with a 2" thick wood dowel for the barrel. (I have very little experience in wood working or the tools for it.)

Out of curiosity how did you do the ribbing on the barrel? (And what is the dia of the wood dowel you used for it?)

Gauging it by eye, I'd say the diameter of the barrel should be maybe one inch. As for the ribbing detail he put on it, from looking at it I'd say he probably glued evenly-spaced, thin strips of poplar (presumably 1/8" square) to add that detail. All told, the width of those strips would bring the overall diameter to 1 1/8". That's just a guess, though.

Ender06 said:
Out of curiosity how did you do the ribbing on the barrel? (And what is the dia of the wood dowel you used for it?)

SPARTAN II said:
Gauging it by eye, I'd say the diameter of the barrel should be maybe one inch. As for the ribbing detail he put on it, from looking at it I'd say he probably glued evenly-spaced, thin strips of poplar (presumably 1/8" square) to add that detail. All told, the width of those strips would bring the overall diameter to 1 1/8". That's just a guess, though.

Pretty close, it was a 7/8" dowell and the strips are about 3/32 wide and 1/16" thick which makes it about 1" diameter and the rest of what SPARTAN II said is correct.

Bugger. I was 1/8" off in my measurements? :oops:

I must be losing my touch. My eyes ain't what they used to be :p lol

Still, not too shabby for gauging it by eye. Maybe I should think about getting into woodworking. Seems I have a pretty good idea of how some of its done (eight years experience in prop-building doesn't hurt) ;)

As the ol' addage goes: "good things come to those who wait." :whistle:

Let's try and be patient with this. His time isn't solely devoted to this, after all (for one, he's been working on Ithica's AR the last couple days) :cool:

Although, if it was, just imagine all the stuff he'd get done with all that time on his hands :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back