Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeKegan said:
SPARTAN II is correct! I mainly use poplar. The main thickness I use is 1/4" plus some 1/2". It can range from 6" to 2" wide by 2' to 4' long.
I don't like oak for these kind of props bcause of the grain.

[...]

Well... like I said, I tend to take notice of such details, lol. Especially when it involves an awesome project like this :lol:

juliet76 said:
Nice. Coming together well Lee. It's okay to move slowly, so long as you keep moving forward. ;)

Exactly! We've all got our own things to do besides this wonderful hobby of ours, which is understandable. So no worries there, buddy. As long as you manage to keep making progress with it (however slow), it's all good.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
XD. The title. I see wat u did thar.

Anyways, nice job on the kickstand thing, did you make it so they rotate separately or both rotate when you move just one of them?

I can't speak for Lee, of course, but if I were to do something like that I'd make it so that both kickstands move in unison (as in at the same time) when you adjust one of them.

It would make more sense to do it that way, to me anyway. Maybe that's just me though, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU64 said:
I had no job (still don't) and was getting a bit tight on money and put out the idea that I could make more BRs and sell them since so many people were asking me everyday.

Actually, Bungie (or Microsoft, whichever) only frowns upon selling for a profit. The only reason Adam, Link, Spase or anybody else who sells Halo-related costuming products that aren't officially licensed (lol, Rubies fail?) don't get shut down is due to the fact that they don't officially sell for profit.

In other words: they don't have a continuous production line of these things going, and they only officially sell their products for a profit. The only money they officially recoup covers only the cost of production - materials and manpower, nothing more.

Long and short: neither Bungie, nor Microsoft, have a problem with you making prop or costuming weaponry, nor do they have a problem with you selling them - as long as you only officially recoup the costs of production.

Have I given you a clue? ;)

Anyways, sorry for the topic hijack, LeeKegan. I'm extremely impressed with this build and I'd love to see a cast in the future - I'd certainly be interested in acquiring one from you, minus perhaps the barrel, which I could easily custom-assemble.

SPARTAN II said:
I can't speak for Lee, of course, but if I were to do something like that I'd make it so that both kickstands move in unison (as in at the same time) when you adjust one of them.

It would make more sense to do it that way, to me anyway. Maybe that's just me though, lol.

Yes you are right again SPARTAN II. Here is a PIC.
sniper-1.jpg

xDarth Tatorx said:
Are you going to be casting this beutiful peice of work

This was covered earlier, but yes if everything works out.

Crucible said:
Long and short: neither Bungie, nor Microsoft, have a problem with you making prop or costuming weaponry, nor do they have a problem with you selling them - as long as you only officially recoup the costs of production.

Have I given you a clue? ;)

Thanks Crucible, and yes I pretty much Knew that, but I didn't really know how to write about it.

That wasn't specifically directed at you, LeeKegan, but at CPU64, since it was he who asked the question originally. But, if you found the information useful, so much the better :)

LeeKegan said:

[...]

Damn, I'm good! :lol:

Sarge079 said:
nice update r u going to silicone it when ur done?
:)

As asked just a few posts earlier on this page:

xDarth Tatorx said:
Are you going to be casting this beutiful peice of work

To which Lee answered:

LeeKegan said:
This was covered earlier, but yes if everything works out.

Please read the thread in its entirety before posting questions that may have already been asked. Thanks ;)

@ LeeKegan: From the look of things, you're close to getting ready to work on the scope, yes? Once you've done the ammo clip of course, lol.

Btw, I like the fact you put all three of your HALO props in the last pic; gives everyone a chance to see all that you've done so far. Quite an eye-catching assemblage of weapons you've got there, buddy.

SPARTAN II said:
@ LeeKegan: From the look of things, you're close to getting ready to work on the scope, yes? Once you've done the ammo clip of course, lol.

Yes, I've been working on the magazine!

Here are a few pics.
sniper004-1.jpg

sniper005-1.jpg

The scope is my next project. May have a few surprise when I start on the Scope.

LeeKegan said:
SPARTAN II said:

sniper-1.jpg

Very good. I've often wondered about there being no support strut between the two legs. But if you do it that way you don't need one do you. ;)

LeeKegan said:
The scope is my next project. May have a few surprise when I start on the Scope.

Ohhh! I like surprises! :D

Wait... No I don't. :cautious: But I think I'll like this one. :)

juliet76 said:
[...]

Ohhh! I like surprises! :D

Wait... No I don't. :cautious: But I think I'll like this one. :)

Coming from Lee, I'm sure whatever he has in mind for the scope part of the build will come as a pleasant surprise! Can't wait to see it, buddy! :D

I had no idea you were this far along! The detail you put into your work is just astounding... :eek: If you get to a point that you are ready to trade (or sell) just let me know...

Absolutely Amazing Work!!!

marioknight92 said:
come on lee update us we or at least I'm dieing to see what you have done next with this sr

I don't have much to update, but here it is:

IMG_2323.jpg

This will give you an Idea of what I'm getting ready to build.

PS. Thanks everyone for your comments and thank you to the MODS on moving this project to the Elite show case. :lol:

You're gonna have to update that sig of yours Lee. ( With the M6G done, the Br alot closer to a pint job, and now the sniper. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back