Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
mc hammer time said:
if you were standing in front of me right now, i would give you a big hug. And some pain meds for that finger ;)

Me too! Or, at least shake the hand of such a talented propmaker, heh :D

LeeKegan said:
Thanks,

I haven't talked to Rube yet, but yes I would like to mold this one too!

Man, I'm really going to have to start saving up some serious cash if I'm going to get this along with your Pistol and BR lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, before we all get seriously talking about molding/casting this new beauty of Lee's, first we should let Rube finish with the BR molds, lol.

On a quick side note, I can think of a couple ways to do the barrel to avoid any major warping issues, though.

But again, like I said, let's wait for Lee to actually finish the SR, and Rube to finish with the BR.

Newest update.
sniper013.jpg

box o crayons said:
yea serously these casts will sell like hotcakes but im wondering how the sniper barrel will holp up if its made out of plastic

I actually received a warning from Bungie, against such practice.
I had no job (still don't) and was getting a bit tight on money and put out the idea that I could make more BRs and sell them since so many people were asking me everyday.

Bungie personel told me that I couldn't make and sell enough BRs to get me away from their legal ninjas.

I'm just throwing that out there into the fire :cool:

Harris007 said:
Wow? great work so far. You have gotten a lot done in over the coarse of 2 weeks
-sorry had a typo the question mark should be an exclamation!

LEEKEGAN! OR SHALL I CALL YOU LEET KEGAN! You NEVA ever EVER EVER DISAPPOINT ANYONE! I showed my Woodshop teacher, he says "OutStanding, Encore!" and i agree with Her! :D

Lee I Shall Bow down, for which you are "WoodMaster"
In my Book, your under "Leet" and "405th"

SprayNoob

PS. Did i say that you were leet?

Ps...s.. uhhhh. Im super bored, but... TAG YOUR IT! *Runs away, giggling*

You must have some sort of giant never ending pile of wood somewhere. hehe. Amazing work man, sucks about the finger though. Just be thankful you didn't slice it clean off!!

SprayNoob said:
LEEKEGAN! OR SHALL I CALL YOU LEET KEGAN! You NEVA ever EVER EVER DISAPPOINT ANYONE! I showed my Woodshop teacher, he says "OutStanding, Encore!" and i agree with Her! :D

Lee I Shall Bow down, for which you are "WoodMaster"
In my Book, your under "Leet" and "405th"

SprayNoob

PS. Did i say that you were leet?

Ps...s.. uhhhh. Im super bored, but... TAG YOUR IT! *Runs away, giggling*

Yeah, I think he gets the message :sick: lol

(You'd be right, though; Lee's wood-working skills are my-tee impressive)

Methinks somebody's on a bit of a sugar or something :lol:

Sorry if this was answered earlier Lee, but what kind of wood are you using? It looks like poplar, but I can't really tell from the photos alone. Any recommendations on what to use and what to avoid?

Though not answered in this particular thread, he did make mention of the type of wood he used in his M6C Pistol WiP thread. He uses sheet poplar, or at least he did for his Pistol build (I tend to pay attention to that sort of thing, lol). His choice of materials may have been different for this project. I don't know for certain myself, so it'd probably be best for him to answer that here :rolleyes lol

THERE'S SOMETHING HORRIBLY WRONG WITH IT!

You misspelled "rifle" in your title. Other than that, it's perfect. Keep it up! :p

Bloodl3tt3r said:

You misspelled "rifle" in your title.
Other than that, it's perfect. Keep it up! :p

Oh noes, two f's? The humanity! LMAO!:lol:

DerKraken said:
Sorry if this was answered earlier Lee, but what kind of wood are you using? It looks like poplar, but I can't really tell from the photos alone. Any recommendations on what to use and what to avoid?

SPARTAN II is correct! I mainly use poplar. The main thickness I use is 1/4" plus some 1/2". It can range from 6" to 2" wide by 2' to 4' long.
I don't like oak for these kind of props bcause of the grain.

Bloodl3tt3r said:

You misspelled "rifle" in your title. Other than that, it's perfect. Keep it up! :p

HAHA, I didn't even notice!

XD. The title. I see wat u did thar.

Anyways, nice job on the kickstand thing, did you make it so they rotate separately or both rotate when you move just one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back