Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARTAN II said:
Anubis:

Go to the "Insert Special Item" drop-down menu in your reply/thread window and select "Insert: YouTube" (it's seventh down in the menu). You'll see a new text window pop up, asking you to "Enter the video ID of the youtube link, found at the end of the URL".

Copy/paste the alpha-numeric portion of the end of the URL on the YouTube page where you posted the video (right-hand side), put that in the text box and select "Ok". Make sure not to post the entire URL, just the last bit after the "=" sign. When you post the reply or thread, the video will show up in the post. Hope that helps, dude ;)

EDIT: Sorry for taking your thread off-topic there Lee, lol.

thank you, that helps a lot.

and again sorry for thread jacking Lee. love your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loess said:
The monitor looks like it should do the job nicely. :D

Could the batteries be placed in the mag? They'd be easy to change then...

The body of the sniper breaks down into upper and lower receivers. I will probable install the batteries into the upper receiver behind the bolt. Since it breaks down it will be easy to change the batteries.

I have a question that i'm pretty sure someone already asked, but my question is are you going to mold it?

I am sorry but if you would read the thread you would have seen that Adam already has it and is in the process of starting the molds!

havent you seen Daves vid?

he already has the main body, and also the m6g... so yes they are going to be molding it...

i think him adam, and Privateer? are doing it.

edit... never mind, lee just said it.

LOL, i did see Dave's videos but i was confused on who was molding it. well i hope things go smoothly, that is one awesome prop, great job!

AH

Finally got to see the vids, lol. Good job on the viewfinder, my friend!

I could tell you'd enlarged it even before you mentioned it (I know my schematics, heh). What's the height of the viewfinder at, now?

Looks to be maybe 2 1/4"? The original schematics had it at 1 1/4", and it looks to be about double that from what I can see. In order to keep it all proportionate, you'll have to increase the height of the body of the scope by 11/16" to maintain the same profile as shown in the schematic.

Anyway, even though you had to up-size it to accommodate the baby monitor electronics -- I think that screen's going to look kewl lit up -- it'll still look awesome. Look forward to seeing the rest of it, buddy ;)

P.S.: Love the new sig, btw.

It's from Wal-Mart, I know that much. Can't believe I didn't think of getting one myself for the scope (duh!) :p lol

OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everytime i look at your threads im at school so i cant see the pics...you inspire us so much man!!!! i cant wait to make progress on my pistol that you've inspired me to do.

JangoFett140 said:
OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everytime i look at your threads im at school so i cant see the pics...you inspire us so much man!!!! i cant wait to make progress on my pistol that you've inspired me to do.

Thanks, and I can't wait to see your progress on your pistol!

I would have posted a video showing the night vision working but YouTube is down right now.
So maybe tomorrow.

This is a pic of what I have done so far.

IMG_2376.jpg

Here is a video on how the night vision works on the scope.

I'm sure you've been asked these questions before, but what kind of wood do you use and what tools do you use. Basically give us an insight into the start to finish of one of your weapons in general, not like a specific weapon. (Obviously your method will be different for each weapon)

MisterChief said:
I'm sure you've been asked these questions before, but what kind of wood do you use and what tools do you use. Basically give us an insight into the start to finish of one of your weapons in general, not like a specific weapon. (Obviously your method will be different for each weapon)

He mainly uses poplar for his builds. As for tools, I know he uses a very small, very fine chisel for the detail work (he shows/explains his tools of choice in one of his vids, actually). Can't remember the rest, lol.

P.S.: A little off-topic, but... did you manage to stop by the hardware store yet regarding PVC tubing?

Word to note about when this piece actually gets cast - would you plan to cast the scope in halves so people can add their own technology to it, or will it be a solid piece that people would have to dremmel themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back