Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamin

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S829
As part of the Extra Life stream I offered to send some prints to one of the winners. Wayward Flood was the lucky winner and selected the Spike Grenade that CollinMcCaf put together. This model is fantastically accurate. However, it is not setup to easily 3D print. Massive shout out to MoeSizzlac for helping me break it down for printing.

After I got it fully printed out and sent out I decided to challenge myself and see if I could design one that would be easy to 3D print and a little more durable. (Thinking a great booth prop as carrying it around might be a pain)

After a few nights of messing around and some help in Discord from TurboCharizard and others I was able to design this:
Grenade.png

The model has a bunch of internal supports to hopefully make it quite sturdy in the end. The blades all split in half and also have channels for support rods.
Hollows.png

(edit: just realized that this says 1/2" PVC - it is actually 1")

Materials if you are interested in printing one.

Non Printed Supports:
  • Main Body
    • 1" PVC x 830 mm
    • 4 - 5 mm Rod X 320 mm
  • Big Spikes
    • 4 - 4 mm Rod x 111 mm
  • Medium Spikes
    • 8 - 3 mm Rod x 55mm
  • Small Spikes
    • 4 - 3 mm Rod x 41 mm
Filament:
882.41 Grams

Time to Print:
75 Hours 11 Minutes

Prints.png
Prints (Time and Materials).png

The whole model is sliced up to be able to print on my Prusa (21x21x25 build volume) and there is only one part (grenade shaft lower) that I needed to print with supports! (I printed everything at 0.2 mm layer height)

Test Print.JPG

Please respect the Creative Commons licensing stamped inside, I designed these files for the 405th folks to have fun with and make cool things.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues working with the model! (now time to decide what my next project will be)

Attachments

• Spike Grenade.zip
    3 MB · Views: 316
Last edited:
As part of the Extra Life stream I offered to send some prints to one of the winners. Wayward Flood was the lucky winner and selected the Spike Grenade that CollinMcCaf put together. This model is fantastically accurate. However, it is not setup to easily 3D print. Massive shout out to MoeSizzlac for helping me break it down for printing.

After I got it fully printed out and sent out I decided to challenge myself and see if I could design one that would be easy to 3D print and a little more durable. (Thinking a great booth prop as carrying it around might be a pain)

After a few nights of messing around and some help in Discord from TurboCharizard and others I was able to design this:
View attachment 300363

The model has a bunch of internal supports to hopefully make it quite sturdy in the end. The blades all split in half and also have channels for support rods.
View attachment 300364

Non Printed Supports:
  • Main Body
    • 1" PVC x 830 mm
    • 4 - 5 mm Rod X 320 mm
  • Big Spikes
    • 4 - 4 mm Rod x 111 mm
  • Medium Spikes
    • 8 - 3 mm Rod x 55mm
  • Small Spikes
    • 4 - 3 mm Rod x 41 mm
Filament:
882.41 Grams

Time to Print:
75 Hours 11 Minutes

View attachment 300365View attachment 300367

The whole model is sliced up to be able to print on my Prusa (21x21x25 build volume) and there is only one part (grenade shaft lower) that I needed to print with supports! (I printed everything at 0.2 mm layer height)

View attachment 300366

Please respect the Creative Commons licensing stamped inside, I designed these files for the 405th folks to have fun with and make cool things.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues working with the model! (now time to decide what my next project will be)
Congratulations on your first entry in the Free 3D Model Index!

View attachment 300363

View attachment 300364

Non Printed Supports:
  • Main Body
    • 1" PVC x 830 mm
    • 4 - 5 mm Rod X 320 mm
  • Big Spikes
    • 4 - 4 mm Rod x 111 mm
  • Medium Spikes
    • 8 - 3 mm Rod x 55mm
  • Small Spikes
    • 4 - 3 mm Rod x 41 mm
Filament:
882.41 Grams

Time to Print:
75 Hours 11 Minutes

View attachment 300365View attachment 300367

View attachment 300366

This file is so nice to work with. Much smaller and computer friendly. Well done!

Congratulations on your first entry in the Free 3D Model Index!

Thanks TurboCharizard! - I took a lot of inspiration based on having worked with your models. Glad to be able to share this with others here, and can't wait to see others make one. (I know Harri51 said he was going to make one)

This file is so nice to work with. Much smaller and computer friendly. Well done!
Thank MoeSizzlac! - Your amazing work was also inspiration. I know that I wouldn't even be here as part of the 405th without having stumbled upon your MK VI files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back