Halo 3 Storyline questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPOILERS. Mkay?

1. Im a little confused about Installation 00. Who made it? The Forerunners were dead and the Covenant had yet to enter the Ark. So...Who could create a new Installation 04?

2. The Believe campaign... Master cheif was never captured... But, i have a theory.Somewhat. Spartans never die right? Could it be that the UNSC or ONI faked Master cheifs capturing? By this i mean, false witnessess and what not. Or was it simply for hype or a "What could have been" scenario?
Also, the Battle for New Mombassa. Where did that go? Perhaps i was expecting too much after seeing Monument and was hoping for a HUGE battle.

3. I miss 343. Anyone else?

I think i made too many question threads.

1. Installation 00 is the original Halo, I think. So I believe that Installation 00 is the Ark. I could be wrong, though.

2. I don't remember Master Chief ever being captured. If you're talking about the ads, then they were designed so that they had nothing to do with the game. The trailer aired during Monday Night Football? That was made by a 3rd party company which was given very limited information of what was actually in the game - that way, nothing in the plot could be revealed. Actually, Spartans do die - they are reported as "MIA" (missing in action) so that the UNSC personnel don't lose morale (after all, Spartans are the super warriors... if most of them die, how do you think the marines will feel about fighting?). Therefore, I think it's a "what could have been" idea - keeps you wondering what will happen with the storyline, but at the same time doesn't reveal anything important about the plot.

3. The Battle of New Mombasa? I was hoping for a battle on the Fall of Reach. I don't believe there ever was a plan for a huge battle to take back New Mombasa as I'm pretty sure it was glassed by the Covenant.

4. I'm really glad that 343 got blown up. In Halo CE, Master Chief should have killed him then and there, instead of running around worrying about the Flood. Yes, sure, blowing up the Pillar of Autumn was meant to kill 343, the Sentinels, and the Flood, but wouldn't it have been easier to blow that piece of metal out of the sky when he had the chance? 343 had a really annoying voice - although, I admit it was fun to shoot at him in the Library level of Halo 1 - and very annoying behavior, like "Oh, Reclaimer, here come the Flood. And the door's locked! My, my, my... The sentinels and I will fly through this little vent area over there. Here's some shotgun rounds - good luck!" Oh wait... he doesn't give you any ammo or health!!!!

Hey man 343 is sick i love him and i especially loved him in some guys fake spoiler which is so ridiculous when u compare it to the actual halo 3 story ... here ill sum it up for u ....

The ark is in earth ... Forerunners arent humans, they're grey tall alien guys ... a halo explodes out of the earth ... Prophet of Mercy is alive ... Drinol are there ... they try to nuke the forrunner ship ... Gravemind comes to earth (hey at least somethings in common) but Cortana brought him back ... Coratna is evil and she teams up with Gravemind so that she can live off halo's power cuz she needs it ... The Arbiter has a son?! FTW? Who gets impaled on a brute-shot ... 343 goes to earth and is totally evil ... he kills another moniter (Shameful Anomaly the moniter for Installation 00 which is earth) ... master chief dies like 5 times but then gets back up ... The Forerunners come to earth and engage in a huge war with the Humans and when the Prophet of Mercy learns the truth he orders all the covenant to help the humans fight the Forerunners ... Arbiter sacrifices himself to kill Gravemind ... The Earth Halo is blown up ... and here we go CLIFFHANGER ENDING Arby is at the bottom of the ocean ... dead then on a piece of a control pannel of the broken halo next to him Cortana appears and starts Chanting some stupid thing and you see Arbys eyes open and he lets out a scream .... end

Sooo Dont be Dissin 343!

I advise you hunt down all the Terminals. They explain the Ark, which is Installation 00, and is Forerunner built.

Spartan-419 said:
I advise you hunt down all the Terminals. They explain the Ark, which is Installation 00, and is Forerunner built.

The terminals tell u about the moniter of Installation 00 who was influenced by Gravemind and he went crazy and eveything

Last edited by a moderator:
The love story in them is more what I was suggesting to... with the two Forerunners? Yeah.. it was sad

Spartan-419 said:
The love story in them is more what I was suggesting to... with the two Forerunners? Yeah.. it was sad

Hrmmm geuss i didnt find em all then lol :p

Installation 00 (the ark) built 04's replacement automatically. It just wasn't done yet.

xalener said:
Installation 00 (the ark) built 04's replacement automatically. It just wasn't done yet.
thats what i was gonna say. the sentinels and things work on it

Lets hope the new trilogy has some Reach events.

I was refering to the monument that was made in memorial of John, showing the huge battle with tides of brutes and Marines but, we can let that slip. Also, I know about the MIA thing.

Master chief wouldnt have been able to kill 343 if he wanted to. I think that the only human weapon that can is the Spartan laser. Or a nuke but, hey.

Thanks for clearing the Ad stuff up. It was a shame none of it was related.

Yeah, that would have been one bad-ass battle to play.. I think it was more of a shot in the foot, because people played the game, looking and waiting for it, and never got to. Perhaps the game for Fall of Reach (if made) will hole that sort of Hellish battle... it's how I imagined them, actually. Just like the diorama.

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Hey man 343 is sick i love him and i especially loved him in some guys fake spoiler which is so ridiculous when u compare it to the actual halo 3 story ... here ill sum it up for u ....

The ark is in earth ... Forerunners arent humans, they're grey tall alien guys ... a halo explodes out of the earth ... Prophet of Mercy is alive ... Drinol are there ... they try to nuke the forrunner ship ... Gravemind comes to earth (hey at least somethings in common) but Cortana brought him back ... Coratna is evil and she teams up with Gravemind so that she can live off halo's power cuz she needs it ... The Arbiter has a son?! FTW? Who gets impaled on a brute-shot ... 343 goes to earth and is totally evil ... he kills another moniter (Shameful Anomaly the moniter for Installation 00 which is earth) ... master chief dies like 5 times but then gets back up ... The Forerunners come to earth and engage in a huge war with the Humans and when the Prophet of Mercy learns the truth he orders all the covenant to help the humans fight the Forerunners ... Arbiter sacrifices himself to kill Gravemind ... The Earth Halo is blown up ... and here we go CLIFFHANGER ENDING Arby is at the bottom of the ocean ... dead then on a piece of a control pannel of the broken halo next to him Cortana appears and starts Chanting some stupid thing and you see Arbys eyes open and he lets out a scream .... end

Sooo Dont be Dissin 343!

your dumb.

i was sad, because they specifically said several times that you would be able to "play" the diorama as a mission, also, if u noticed, the new Halo that was in the ARK was under construction, it was still that way, the forerunners died before it was finished, the ark was a building base and launch site for all of the halo's.

No, Xavier, either the Arbiter or 343 states that the Halo being built was to replace the one that John destroyed. Kind of a self-manufacturing thing, much like Onyx's Sentinel production. But I agree with you, what was that guy on??

it never said to replace, but 343 was pissy because John "destroyed" his halo, and that now, he was taking the new one for himself.

Eh, I thought I heard something about a replacement... but meh, it don't matter. Arbiter never had a son, Cortana wasn't evil, LSD's bad, M'kay?

Spartan-419 said:
Eh, I thought I heard something about a replacement... but meh, it don't matter. Arbiter never had a son, Cortana wasn't evil

and the ark isnt earth, coratna doesnt lead gravemind, and no1 knows what the forerunners looked like, except for that humans look similar.

Spartan-419 said:
LSD's bad, M'kay?

Indeed

check this out, be sure to read the discription on youtube tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyVHRwzlvks

i got one question.
in HBO they just said that theyre gonna get the last cutscenes up, "[including the coop variations]"
does that mean when you play 4 player coop the cutscenes are different? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back