Halo 4 Costume Build - Undersuit, Glove and Rail Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more donors the better! I actually set out to make a very accurate suit but it is a daunting task, it would take me 1 year to do it right.

Good grief. Your level of dedication you've brought to this is amazing. Keep up with it. I can't wait to see what it looks like this time next year! (or sooner)

Nice Mold for the hand plate!

I'm getting a pressure pot system set up now which is delaying this project a bit. I just bought a compressor which is on its way and a smaller pressure pot to properly cast all the hand plates.
The resin is bubbling too much creating imperfections that are a bitch to sand and its just not giving me the results I want. Plus I can make perfect resin castings in the future so its a good investment!

Heres a website that i found that makes hexagon material
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/505907200/HEXAGON_PU_LEATHER_FOR_GLOVES.html
its a little smaller that the hexagons in the screen shots

Thanks for the Link! I'll look into it. They are near Shanghai, where I live and I can see if they can custom make other fabrics. I got a friend in the garment industry said usually they need a min purchase of 1000 yards at least so it may not be cheap but if there's enough of an interest here maybe I can source for all you guys and offer them by the yard or something. Then you guys can make your own suits!

Thanks for the Link! I'll look into it. They are near Shanghai, where I live and I can see if they can custom make other fabrics. I got a friend in the garment industry said usually they need a min purchase of 1000 yards at least so it may not be cheap but if there's enough of an interest here maybe I can source for all you guys and offer them by the yard or something. Then you guys can make your own suits!

Yes, that would be very awesome and I am definitely interested in some of that hexagon fabric! I would even be willing to help(money wise) with getting it over here to the US and distributing it, if necessary. I do kind of want to see a swatch next to a pencil or something for scale.

There's a lot of dedication put into this build, and it shows : your work looks fantastic so far. Great idea on the fabric, btw.

Wassup Guys. Been hectic here building other gigantic robots. Just wanna show you all these so you don't think I'm slacking off on other halo projects

halo_4_hand_glove_sculpt_wip_by_uratz_studios-d561nu6.jpg

819b89b3jw1dyo44ei44oj.jpg

But currently stuck on this guy

cyberlord_chest_front_by_michaelloh-d4vwpf3.jpg

There is no words to describe the cyberlord aside from pure eyegasm. Thats incredible work man! So once all said n' done and this suit is done, would you be willing to sell one? I would gladly buy it from you for a decent price for you to make some money. Labor isnt cheap I understand. If that's not an option a tut would be great so we could make our own. No better way to earn than to learn right? At any rate, i know it will look great.

There is no words to describe the cyberlord aside from pure eyegasm. Thats incredible work man! So once all said n' done and this suit is done, would you be willing to sell one? I would gladly buy it from you for a decent price for you to make some money. Labor isnt cheap I understand. If that's not an option a tut would be great so we could make our own. No better way to earn than to learn right? At any rate, i know it will look great.

Thanks for the comment dude. It really brings a tear in my eye when people see that its not just "Magic" that makes these suits even though some of the hard work I put into it makes it seem otherwise.
Now what Suit are you interested in? This crappy CyberRobot suit or a Halo 4 Master Chief suit?

I've been surfing around these parts and luckily found a great under-suit pic posted by fellow members here (pic below) and I personally think it would be easier to sculpt the under-suit than the current Cyber Robot suit that I'm working on. I just gotta finish this commission and I can finally work on my own projects. I am a huge fan of the Halo Universe and the Armor suits that go with it. If I had extra time I would invest in 3D printers and a crew of people churning out super accurate armors for whom ever interested...

Now that I see this undersuit I think the suit is really feasible.
undersuit-design.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back