Props Halo 4 DMR Mk2 W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwave343

Hello 405th!
while the site was down, i had to find something to do. then remebered my good friends at the zealot hobby forum. while i was there i was don research on H4, and found little amounts of pep files had been created=(
but i found out the dmr was returning as a variant (F yea!)
and so i have been biding my time out until the 405th returned, modeling the DMR Mk2
the original thread can be found at Zealot, but ill summaries what i got here

basically, i have completed the final base rifle and details. i am currently working on fixing up the model (fixing holes, reversing sides, cutting out unnecessary parts) and preparing a lower def model that is for those who dont seem to have the talents to do amazing models (such as myself =<)
but i do find myself proud of it, especially with what little resources i had to work with (pictures, other 3D models,etc..) the hardest part is the new unsymmetrical scope, but onto the pics!

otherside-1.png

AutoSave_basemodel.png

handel.png

newbarrel.png

in some pictures, you may notice that the dmr has a long skinny piece for mounting the forward sight along the top of the first barrel link-i simply forgot to add it in, but that can be done very easily:cool
scope-1.png

curvedback.png

scopeother-1.png

as i have already said, the original build thread with all the build stages is located at the zealot forums ( LINK! ) but you may have to become a member to view it, sorry
but i am still working on it (final details and cutting!), but im hoping someone might join me in this build, and unfold the final thing, all credit will be given to the unfolder.

but until then, im still looking for ways to improve it- so all comments and critique are welcome!:cool

That, Zwave... is awesome! :D I have a pass for saving an unfold... but I dunno how to... If anyone can point me in the right direction I will try to do the unfold! :)

I would also be interested in unfolding this when you complete it. However, as with other weapons I have modeled/worked on, I would suggest breaking it into sections to aid in the simplicity of the pepping process, and possibly even creating floating faces so a lot of the detail parts (IE all those tiny triangles) will not have to be pepped. For an idea of what I am talking about, check out my Reach pistol thread HERE.

Also, assuming that you don't already know this, but you probably do, you will have to orient all your faces before you finalize your model to get it ready for pepping. But like I said, you probably already know that since you're obviously familiar with the program you're using.

I would also be interested in unfolding this when you complete it. However, as with other weapons I have modeled/worked on, I would suggest breaking it into sections to aid in the simplicity of the pepping process, and possibly even creating floating faces so a lot of the detail parts (IE all those tiny triangles) will not have to be pepped. For an idea of what I am talking about, check out my Reach pistol thread HERE.

Also, assuming that you don't already know this, but you probably do, you will have to orient all your faces before you finalize your model to get it ready for pepping. But like I said, you probably already know that since you're obviously familiar with the program you're using.

I reckon Carpathia is going to be a little more experienced ;) Carpathia, would it be possible for you to send me a PM explaining how to unfold? If I know... I can try to contribute a lil more to this awesome forum! :)

I reckon Carpathia is going to be a little more experienced ;) Carpathia, would it be possible for you to send me a PM explaining how to unfold? If I know... I can try to contribute a lil more to this awesome forum! :)

I've sent you a PM.

Yea, i do know what im doing with the facees- the program was stupid enough to make half, if not 3/4 of the faces the wrong dierection- i have almost got them all flipped!
Sorry about no thinking about the floating faces, i was originally building as just a paper model over at zealot, so i will make the floating faces in the next couple hours- it will save me alot of work on that heat shield at the front
And finnaly, yes, i do intend to build it in "box" stages, i tried schmatto III's reach needler while the sote was down and couldnt finnish it because it half imploded on it self and i couldnt get my hands around the get thT final piece in!

All the above suggeztions noted! Thank you guys- i'll try have a newer version ready in 5 hours. I say try because now i have work to do- on a race horse stud. Crap, boss is calling...

thanks carpathia! didnt know mods could do that- done some minor cleanups around the scope and gave it a filleted edge along the length and a sun guard on the scope.
still getting those (censored) reversed sides fixed and cutting out very small details that dont need to be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back