Halo 4 - HD Master Cheif + Undersuit - (PIC HEAVY) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome, there aren't many finished Halo 4 pep suits out there. Nice clean pep work man.

-S420

By the way I think it's Mk VI not VII.

Spartan-420 said:

Indeed. Chief is still wearing the same Mark VI armor he had on at the end of Halo 3, it has just been artistically reinterpreted by 343's character design crew to make it "theirs." Even the Spartan IVs are still using Mark VI (technically Mk. VI 2.0). Mark VII has not yet seen the light of day, at least not in video game form.

Sorry to nitpick over details. It's one of my pet peeves.

Nice pep work, good luck on the rondoing! But are you going to rondo the cardstock or are you resining your work first? :confused

This is awesome, there aren't many finished Halo 4 pep suits out there. Nice clean pep work man.

-S420

Ya, I saw it hadn't really been done before, that's why I went for it. Thought it might stand out a bit :)
Indeed. Chief is still wearing the same Mark VI armor he had on at the end of Halo 3, it has just been artistically reinterpreted by 343's character design crew to make it "theirs." Even the Spartan IVs are still using Mark VI (technically Mk. VI 2.0). Mark VII has not yet seen the light of day, at least not in video game form.

Sorry to nitpick over details. It's one of my pet peeves.

Ah, I see what you mean. I never actually knew the story behind the change in armor, whether it was a new version or just a different look. I'll change my title, thanks guys :)

Nice pep work, good luck on the rondoing! But are you going to rondo the cardstock or are you resining your work first? :confused

Thank you! :) At the moment I only have a shoulder rondoed and drying. I'm testing to see how well it holds up on its own, However if it warps I'll be putting a coat of resin on before rondoing. I let you know how it works out.

Your PEP looks Gorgeous I cant want to see the final project and the under suit!

Thank you, I can't wait either! :)

Thank you! :) At the moment I only have a shoulder rondoed and drying. I'm testing to see how well it holds up on its own, However if it warps I'll be putting a coat of resin on before rondoing. I let you know how it works out.

Oh wow, I've never thought of doing it that way. I'll keep tabs on this, as I see myself possibly doing this in the future. :cool

Oh wow, I've never thought of doing it that way. I'll keep tabs on this, as I see myself possibly doing this in the future. :cool

Definitely look into it, I've had a lot of success with rondo. Also, it eliminates the big mess and slivers from fiberglassing :)
There was no warping of the shoulder piece, however I think for the chest piece i'm going to put a coat of resin, due to the size and complexity of it.

Definitely look into it, I've had a lot of success with rondo. Also, it eliminates the big mess and slivers from fiberglassing :)
There was no warping of the shoulder piece, however I think for the chest piece i'm going to put a coat of resin, due to the size and complexity of it.

Alright, thank you. I have been using resin plus rondo, but I'll try your way of putting rondo straight on the cardstock without resin first.

Alright, after some more testing, only using rondo works on the smaller pieces, but not on larger pieces. If it's bigger than say, a forearm you should put resin on it first.

Update:

Hey guys, long time no update! I have been working, and here are some pics:

DSCN2036.jpg

Here's the inside, all rondoed

DSCN2030.jpg

I've been focusing on the helmet, and worked on getting the upper middle small detail area in the back looking nice, I'm rather satisfied with that one part.

DSCN2033.jpg

Front View

DSCN2032.jpg

I've also been working on the right side, an so far i'm seeing good results.

Sadly it's really cold up here in Oregon right now, makes working difficult :p
More progress to come!

cool! finally someone working on my same project! Good job!!! keep it up!

hey, where did you find the pepakura templates for the bicep and triceps? those are way more accurate than what I have found on the database

cool! finally someone working on my same project! Good job!!! keep it up!
Thanks man, and I took a look at your project, you're not doing too shabby yourself!

hey, where did you find the pepakura templates for the bicep and triceps? those are way more accurate than what I have found on the database
My First post has the links to where you can find all the files that I used.

You are doing a great job! Keep it up! :D

Pat-

Thanks, will do! :D

This is looking great. I realy am envious of you guys with this nice natural height. Keep up the awesone work.

I totally love your helmet! I'm still working on mine and it is a pain....I really hope I'll be able to do a good and clean helmet as yours!

I totally love your helmet! I'm still working on mine and it is a pain....I really hope I'll be able to do a good and clean helmet as yours!

Thanks man, and don't worry, I'm sure yours will turn out great!

Update!

I've made a bit of progress on the helmet, her's some pics to show:

image.jpg

As you can see I smoothed the upper right side of the helmet, and threw some primer on there to get a good look. I'm really liking it

NoName_2.jpg

Here's that side from another angle, and you can see what I did with the dial-thingy on the back of his helmet. Finally got it the way I like it lol

1203132333c.jpg

Here's a closeup of the dial. If anyone wants a tutorial on how I made it the way it is, let me know and I'll be sure to post one.

1203132333b.jpg

And here's a picture of the other side for comparison. Big difference, as you can tell! lol

I've still got plenty of work to do, more progress and pics to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back