Halo 4 Master Chief foam build *unfinished* (with templates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand your scaling system on your shin, and other files.
I need help scaling the armor for The Master Chief Suit from Halo 4.

Every time I change the H, W, D the actual size is way off.

For Example: I inputted 13inches for the shin and converted to mm which is 330mm. Now even When I measure between two points it even indicates it's 13 inches/ 330mm, but when its printed the parts are so small it all fits on one sheet of paper when printed out and it only takes up about 5inches of the page.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm sorry, you came to the wrong place, I'm really bad at scaling myself.

It seems like you clicked on "Adjust size to fit printable area" or something like that, I don't know the exact dialog that pop's up after you click print. DON'T ADJUST THE SIZE!!!

im new at building armor. and im thinking about making this my first build using your files. do you recommend me using ur files?

Can anybody point me in the direction of some FUD foam files? If I could create a post, I would.

Thanks for posting these amazing templates! I think I may use some of yours..it's really looking great :).

Any progress with your build ?

Thanks for posting these amazing templates! I think I may use some of yours..it's really looking great :).

Any progress with your build ?

Yes, but nothing big, not really worth mentioning. There's a cosplay ball I'm going to attend at the beginning of March, so I'll have to finish at least the helmet and the boots. I'm going as Master Chief in a black suit. :D

Read the posts. Great job on the form build. What are you using for the back/spine cover on the picture of your back?

Tank you! http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001TOO9O4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Hey Rainbow, thanks for the foam files, I saw that your shin was to small the first time, who is the initial scaled to? When I measured mine, including the kneecap I came to 17.5 to 18 depending how I look at. Which when putting it on 11x8 paper they're huge compared to the original print template.

hello again i am building the armor using ur files. i have a question and i hope is not dumb.
how to i attach the COD piece with the Chest piece... any advice or any way i can do that? please help.

It looks great so far, that chest piece and bracers look incredible.

Have you ever considered making a duct tape dummy of yourself so you could shape the armor to your body better? You'd still need the templates you make with those pep files but it would help to fit them to your body a bit better and make some adjustements as required.

I see you are mostly finished building now but it could be useful for other projects later, plus, you could have you suit up for display after too, just stuff that dummy, make it stand uprightwith a metal rod or something and Voila, a homemade display manequin.

Surely though these shoulder pieces are incorrect? This is really confusing me because I thought this was Halo 4 MK 6 but pieces like the shoulders and torso don't seem to quite fit.

Hey Rainbow, been using your files for my son's armour but I have a major issue. When I print the boot I get some crappy looking over printing just black lines on top of the image. I've messed with all my settings and deleted and redownloaded the file more than a dozen time. any ideas from anyone about what is going on? cheers
mate

Hey Rainbow, been using your files for my son's armour but I have a major issue. When I print the boot I get some crappy looking over printing just black lines on top of the image. I've messed with all my settings and deleted and redownloaded the file more than a dozen time. any ideas from anyone about what is going on? cheers
mate

I think i know what you're talking about. I got this issue too and thought it's my printer who's screwing around with me. So far the only thing that helped was to only print 2 sheets at a time and the giving the order to print the next one or two. I have no idea what's causing this behaviour. Other stuff gets printed just fine, just nothing with the pepakura designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back