Halo 4 Master Chief foam build *unfinished* (with templates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These foam templates are life savers. Dash, do you know if there is a Halo 4 Helmet one floating around? If so, I may use it and re-do my helmet.

I'm really excited to see how yours turns out :)

Thanks :), yes there is one, I put it on my Dropbox for you. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26632975/Halo Cosplay/Foam/halo 4 helmet foam.pdo

Nice work on the suit bro! Keep it up!

Thank you, I'm doing my best. ^^

How did this fit? I saw you're about 5'9" so I'm trying to use this one to scale to myself haha

That's right, well, see for yourself, I did this chest with a height of 510mm, I think it fits just fine, but could have been slightly bigger, what do you guys think? The shoulder piece is too small, I'm aware of that and I'll redo it. ;)

torso4klein.jpg

Looks awesome! That's some fantastic foam work you got there :) I'm almost at the exact same spot with my build too lol.

Looks awesome! That's some fantastic foam work you got there :) I'm almost at the exact same spot with my build too lol.

Forearms look really tidy man!

nice progress man

Thats a nice armor , congrats . You have another Sub!.

Thank you all very much, it really means a lot to me. :)

So, because I'm thinking of doing a pepakura version of this armor too for several reasons, I'm currently working on size-tester files, because I'm really terrible at scaling, and I guess I'm not the only one with this specific weakness. ^^

So I already started with the chest, and yesterday I did the thighs. I added support struts to each model so you can easily resin it. Hope you like it.

thigh%20tester.jpg

chest%20tester%20supports.jpg

Anyone interessted in more size-testers?

You could use a little hot glue cleanup for some of your mess and good job! Thanks for your foam templates, they are EXTREMELY helpful :))

You could use a little hot glue cleanup for some of your mess and good job! Thanks for your foam templates, they are EXTREMELY helpful :))
Yeah, I'll do that before sealing the foam, no need to worry ;)

Does anyone know how much plasti-dip is needed for a whole suit?

Hey Rainbow how did you come up with the measurements for your chest. I was following halogoddess's measuring method and comparing it to the height of your chest. I'm 6ft tall, and have a 15 inch width, so I was going to make mine 16 inch wide. well I converted 16 inches to mm and got 407mm in width. I went to change the scale on pepakura and when I did my measurements were: 464mm height, 407mm width and 388mm depth. I was just wondering cause I'm in the process of making the same chest and worried now that its not going to be large enough because i'm a little bit bigger then you and your measurements are larger then mine. I'm going to redo it but I want to size it right, any tips from the info i've given you? BTW your suit looks amazing so far looks it like your scaling is dead on.

Well this is looking awesome +1 sub

Thank you! :)

Looking great man! Keep it up!

Thanks. ^^

Looks awesome!
I built the cod piece today! super easy and looks awesome!

I'm glad it did work well for you. :)

Looks awesome. :)

Thanks thorn, that coming from you, means a a lot to me. :)

Hey Rainbow how did you come up with the measurements for your chest. I was following halogoddess's measuring method and comparing it to the height of your chest. I'm 6ft tall, and have a 15 inch width, so I was going to make mine 16 inch wide. well I converted 16 inches to mm and got 407mm in width. I went to change the scale on pepakura and when I did my measurements were: 464mm height, 407mm width and 388mm depth. I was just wondering cause I'm in the process of making the same chest and worried now that its not going to be large enough because i'm a little bit bigger then you and your measurements are larger then mine. I'm going to redo it but I want to size it right, any tips from the info i've given you? BTW your suit looks amazing so far looks it like your scaling is dead on.

Sorry, I can't really help you to scale your armor. I'm a scaling noob myself, I just don't get it, no matter what tutorial I keep to. So all i can say is that I'm 179cm tall, and I used 510mm for the chest, if I was you and had to rebuild the chest I'd go with 530-540mm in height. Or just make a size-tester, It will work for foam too, if you don't mind wasting 1-2 foam mattes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I have some updates for you, would have updated earlier, but I had to deal with pc-problems/dataloss, but now I feel like updating this thread.

I remade the shoulders, 'cause the old ones kinda sucked :p The file is not really made for good foam use.

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1618.JPG

bulky.jpg

It looks a little bulky on the side view, but I'm totally ok with that, I just wouldnt go any bigger, for the ones interested, i used 220H with the shoulders.

I also detailed the shin.

shin%20detail%20klein.jpg

I suited my left leg up. I was afraid the shins are too small, but they're not. :) I thought some shin protectors with a knee pad would help to make the armor look more heavily, so I bought myself a pair of these

61zkGA33rKL._SY679_.jpg

wearing%20bottom%20klein.jpg

Good thing is no extra padding is needed for the shins, and you can attach the knee plate directly to the knee pad of the protectors instead of the shin itself, thus giving you a more realistic appearence with the knee plate always sticking to your knee, even when t-bagging :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
If You use files for foam built, what scale methond is the best? I know how to scale normal pepkura files for master chief armor but is this the same?

Hi
If You use files for foam built, what scale methond is the best? I know how to scale normal pepkura files for master chief armor but is this the same?
I think there's really no difference, you just have to keep in mind that the foam has a thickness of 10mm, but you would have to add padding to the pepekura pieces nevertheless.

Hmm, that shin protector thing is a great idea, I wonder if you would get the same effect just using a knee pad. And it doesn't slide at all?

Everything's coming together superbly btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back