Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope it's all good. ^-^ I'm back to hating it though, the idea of a grenade pistol is even more annoying then the grenade launcher in reach.

Eh, you could do that with the Reach launcher, it didn't make the gun any better. I'm just happy they were smart enough to bring the BR back.

This isn't the best model, due to lack of reference but I made a file for the knee armor. I left out most of the little details, and I can't unfold it but you're welcome to edit it as long as my name stays with it.
knee.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/TxcAylrI/knee.html

I've just finished modeling the Torso (again). It was much easier to unfold than I thought.
http://www.mediafire.com/?up8udmcwbt748b3
Halo4Torso.jpg

So... Shortly after posting my torso file I was asked how to scale it. Here's a good way I figured out to scale armor so I don't have to use trial and error.

ScaledDummy.jpg

Above is a screen shot of a basic male model I downloaded and opened in Blender. Blender "units" are equal to millimeters, the same as Pepakura.
(A BASIC knowledge of 3d software is needed to accomplish this.)
1. Know your height. (pictured scale is for 6'2")
2. If you didn't use a metric measuring tape, convert your height to mm.
3. Type that measurement into the dimension for height. (Red - A) My model was rotated, that made my Y dimension his height.
4. (I know people rip the obj. files from my pep files. #cough# John Weiger) This is what you will need to do to scale it this way.
5. Import the obj. file into Blender with your basic model.
6. Using "scale", enlarge the model and place it on the dummy in its proper place.

ScaledTorso.jpg

7. There is no rotation in this picture. That makes the Z Dimension the height (Red - A).
Make sure x,y,z are all the same "scale" (Red - B). Take your height dimension and transfer it to Pepakura.
8. VUALA

It works for females too. Just use the female model instead of male model. There should be enough room in the torso armor to fit the same.

WARNING: The model you use in your 3d software DOES NOT necessarily EQUAL your own measurements. Adjust your files as necessary.

Does anyone have Nintendude's unfold of the halo 4 helmet? I can't download it since megaupload have been taken down:(

That is why we need a pepakura files page on this thread. Seriously how many years has it been? Is anybody working on it at all!?

We could just go to the file we want, instead of pming everyone to see who still has a file after 4shared decides they dont like halo files. I dont know how we would store them yet, but it could be done without linking them to friggen 4shared, or as I call it, whoreshared, because all they care about is money.

I'm sure they are. You just need patience. If someone was getting paid to work on this site, I'm sure it would be done quick. Seeing as there are no annoying advertisements on every page, I don't see them getting paid very much for hosting our community.

It's each persons decision on where they want to host their files.

That being said: I DO plan on combining all my H4 files into one handy zip folder, maybe with extra's to go in it.

thank you Kingrahl. actually thank you to all the modelers, unfolders and those who post guides. I get to have pep files for almost anything i have looked for, info on how to build, all the members are willing to help and all for Free. if there was a membership fee i would gladly pay it, i just hope it doesn't come to that.

unsc beam rifle and unsc needler....o_O??????
its a pitol that shoots grenades. its not a silenced pistol or a lazer or anything. just a pistol that shoots grenades. i dont know how you could miss the giant HAND GRENADE WEAPON CONCEPT. seams everyone did. I guess throwing grenades is out dated.

I get to have pep files for almost anything i have looked for, info on how to build, all the members are willing to help and all for Free.

I have felt the same way. That is why I have been sharing my H4 files. To give back to the community that has given me so much.

its a pitol that shoots grenades. its not a silenced pistol or a lazer or anything. just a pistol that shoots grenades. i dont know how you could miss the giant HAND GRENADE WEAPON CONCEPT. seams everyone did. I guess throwing grenades is out dated.

i was talking about the images at the upper side the 2nd and 3rd weapon ^^

BIG, we know this. The whole bluerealm thing was about how 343 lended them 3d models and RL models to base their work on, and how they didn't share them with the public (public=us)

Also, after careful examination of the game informer article pictures (about 7 of them) Ive come to the decision that the mk VII armor forearms are almsot exactly the same too the WETA ODST forearms.

So you halo 4 file makers, if i were you i would ask permission to just modify those files to save time.

Anybody know if the shin and boots exist? My friend and I want to make a suit for the midnight premere

can someone make a easier model i mean i looked at harnors i see hundred of ways to make it easier but i don't know how to use blender or pepakura
designer can someone make it easier atleast 30-70 parts and 7-16 pages and not realy little detail ive been on youtube of people distressed of not being able to make one due to to much little detail

gerard, I'm sorry buddy but we all could modify the model and make it look like its from conbat evolved, but the HD is supposed to be there. Halo 4 is going to have some of the sharpest HD armor out of all the games. It doesn't seem too hard. just take it slow.

And keith, I'm sure someone will start working on them soon, as there is lots of time before the release. until then i suggest focusing on the torso and helmet (and forearms if you follow my suggestion above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back