Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are we supposed to scale the helmets? are they able to be scaled the same way as halo 3 armor? or do we have to do a completely new way?

i have to agree as well. it does look green but if you look closer at chief and the spartan 4s they don't have a cod piece at all they have ab/stomach armor and a butt plate but the rest is just black suit.

Halo 4 rail gun

hey i made a rail gun in blender today, i was wondering if anyone could help me with the scaling, but otherwise i should be able to make it into a pep file soon.
railgunphoto.png
[/IMG]

i have to agree as well. it does look green but if you look closer at chief and the spartan 4s they don't have a cod piece at all they have ab/stomach armor and a butt plate but the rest is just black suit.

I think it's just darker and less reflective so it doesn't look so much like space diaper. You can clearly see it is not black in this video at 0:21:

In the walking and shooting section right after, it looks like the cod piece is even jointed. There is a T shape and a separate "cup". Another good shot of this appears at 0:48.

Last edited by a moderator:
how are we supposed to scale the helmets? are they able to be scaled the same way as halo 3 armor? or do we have to do a completely new way?

I've been wondering this as well, and I've been going back and forth between Halo 3, Reach and 4, and it seems to be like you could probably just scale everything the same. I mean a helmet is a helmet, whether it be halo 3, Reach, or 4.

I think just makeing the h4 helmet relitivly the same size as the h3 it should work out, im going to start on with that scaling concept and ill post how it goes.

i will never understand why everyone wants to be a spartan character. why not make your own spartan? i mean thats the whole point they created the different armor pieces in halo. you make your spartan unique. not to see 50 master chiefs running around

just my opinion though. why be someone else when you can be yourself.

+1. I'm scouring the forums trying to find just the right parts for my build. I am going to use master chiefs H4 helmet, but the rest I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what I am going to do. The reason I am going with the H4 MC helmet is I was Navy and he is the only spartan referred to in a Naval reference, at least in anything prior to Contact Harvest, which I still have not read.

I was in a VBSS unit (Vessel Boarding Search and Seizure), so my spartan is set in-between H3 and H4 doing the same thing with rouge Covenant ships and insurgents. Im even writing a little fan fiction for my spartan, and I think I'm going to put a QR code on my armor so people can scan it and read the back story.

The reason I am a little off topic is because personally I would like to encourage folks to do the same, make your armor special to you. No, I am not a veteran builder, but I did spend months lurking, reading, studying before I printed out my first sheet for peping. I firmly believe that by doing something more than just to be cool at the H4 launch. While the 405th is for all types of builds, I hope folks looking at this thread might be able to take something from this post.

I think just makeing the h4 helmet relitivly the same size as the h3 it should work out, im going to start on with that scaling concept and ill post how it goes.

If you are using Pepakura designer, on the 2d menu I measured the trim near the jaw line from inside to inside. For me I know the radius of my head is 7 3/4" so I made that measurement 8 1/2". Of course you will have to convert mm to in depending where you are but scale up 10% until you get the right opening and you will have plenty of room inside. Unless I am completely wrong in my method, but that is how I understood it from the noob forum.

Hi

I'm pretty new to the whole armor thing and this site. I'm a big fan of the Halo franchise and chief is my childhood hero. But to get straight to the point I want to ask is anyone going to make the missing parts of Chief's armor?
I've noticed the following pieces are missing:
-Cod piece.
-Right forearm.
-Left Thigh.
For those who don't know Yes Chief has a Cod piece. It's right under his Ab plate. And he also has a cod piece over his butt

Please and thank you :D
Halo4-06-06-12-001.jpg

e32012_halo4_chiefhero2.jpg

I'm pretty new to the whole armor thing and this site. I'm a big fan of the Halo franchise and chief is my childhood hero. But to get straight to the point I want to ask is anyone going to make the missing parts of Chief's armor?
I've noticed the following pieces are missing:
-Cod piece.
-Right forearm.
-Left Thigh.
For those who don't know Yes Chief has a Cod piece. It's right under his Ab plate. And he also has a cod piece over his butt

Please and thank you :D
Halo4-06-06-12-001.jpg

e32012_halo4_chiefhero2.jpg

Weve already discussed the cod peice, its too formed to the body, as far as the other parts, all you have to do is download pepakura designer, open the file and under 2d menu invert pattern and relay all the parts

Weve already discussed the cod peice, its too formed to the body, as far as the other parts, all you have to do is download pepakura designer, open the file and under 2d menu invert pattern and relay all the parts

I disagree. The movement video I posted clearly shows it is moving on top of the undersuit. It is a different color from the undersuit, as shown in the pictures you quoted. It is simply darker to avoid the look of "space diaper" that the previous versions had.

Thanks for posting those huge pictures Forgiver2! I hadn't found those ones yet.

Can somebody please try to make a Pepakura Model of the MA5D Assault Rifle of Halo 4?

Here are some pics:

559121_Halo4WeaponsIN2jpg.jpg

MA5D.jpg

Hope you can help me.

Currently working on that one, bud. Will post some progress pics in a bit, but the part I need to work on is the rear body and stock.

Keep ya updated,
Oash-Koash, out.

Edit:

Okay, so I've done a little bit of work on this one...

Here's what I posted quite a few pages back, and I know some of you remember this little teaser:
MA5DAssaultRilfeHalo4-2.jpg

Here was the model undergoing some patching:
MA5DAssaultRilfeHalo4-3.jpg

Here's the lo-poly model I've currently put together:
MA5DAssaultRilfeHalo4Finished.jpg

Another view of the MA5D ICWS:
MA5DAssaultRilfeHalo4-2-1.jpg

And an exploded view! Yaaaaaay!
MA5DAssaultRilfeHalo4Exploded.jpg

So, I must admit there are still a few minor discrepancies with the model, so anyone who would like to contribute to its editing and unfolding, or even sectioning (Pony :D), by all means, go on ahead, yo!

Here's the OBJ file, and be warned, it decided to glue itself together upon export!
http://www.4shared.com/file/vjRqDCbX/MA5D_Assault_Rilfe_Halo_4.html

And if anyone would like the orignal sketchup format, just send me a PM and I'll post a link for scaling and such.

Good luck!

Actually his cod piece sticks out cause in other screenshots I've found it's a very darker green. Don't try to argue with me about the cod piece as I said Chief is my hero, and Halo has always been my number one game. His cod piece isn't part of his exo suit plus you look close to him you can see the cod piece all around him, it just has the same color as the exo

I disagree. The movement video I posted clearly shows it is moving on top of the undersuit. It is a different color from the undersuit, as shown in the pictures you quoted. It is simply darker to avoid the look of "space diaper" that the previous versions had.

Thanks for posting those huge pictures Forgiver2! I hadn't found those ones yet.

Hey no prob lol I'm just making sure Chief isn't screwed up at all

Okay everyone needs to get over the cod piece, I don't think its part of his exo suit, and its not really part of his armor pieces either, its sort of in limbo. Point is, no one wants to make it, because its most likely not going to fit the majority of the people.

So, I must admit there are still a few minor discrepancies with the model, so anyone who would like to contribute to its editing and unfolding, or even sectioning (Pony :D), by all means, go on ahead, yo!
118289927682983746_b3tlTX3M_b.jpg

It will be done, My Lord.

I agree about the codpiece problem, I don't see the importance of it needing to be modeled. Can't you just build the templates yourself out ov foam sheets? I gather that it would be much more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back