Halo 4 Recruit armor (3D Model build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome man :D cant wait to see it lol
can you export the EVA helmet to pep and send a link for the file?

awesome man :D cant wait to see it lol
can you export the EVA helmet to pep and send a link for the file?

Possibly, mind you its not done quiet yet xD

if you would be so kind I would love to have the recruit pep files both foam and pep my main goal is foam w/fiberglass casing

I'm not the one doing the unfolds :p also they are in the proccess of being unfolded. well if your "going out on a limb" about putting your email up on threads you probably shouldnt do it xP plus, your not going to be getting special treatment with the files. the files will be available on this thread ***WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETE***. Read previous posts before this please xP

hey i would love to give some of these files a go at unfolding. thanks and keep up the awesome work

mind you, the model is kinda tough to work with. a lot of the people that are already working on the unfold are saying that its a complete b*tch to do. so I only reccomend that you do it if you have experience with unfolding.

Hey man, if need be the offer still stands if ya want to get this bad boy unfolded. My email is matto_schlenn@hotmail.com! :D

unsure if your suppose to be posting your email on a thread, but ill send them to your account on here via personal message.

Alright, so I've been inactive for a few days, also started working on another set of projects. did a quick model of the suppressor, pretty basic. but there are multiple entities in it so it isnt very pep friendly. also started working on making a custom chest piece. but the main portion of my work... well... itll speak for itself in the images :p

28i2jd3.jpg

2b1p4o.jpg

33b2tkx.jpg

2m3iutd.jpg

yes, that is the halo 4 undersuit in progress. I'm thinking about actually making a high detail spartan 4 undersuit for my next project... which reminds me, I havent shown you guys my very first armor build, guess I should do that now xP

21mdocg.jpg

its just kind of a "slimmed" down version of the Reach armor. sadly it didnt last too long due to warping and the humidity in my house :/ and I didnt have enough money to fiberglass it, so I had to substitute heavy latex which didnt settle with the paper all that well xP but ya know, trial and error is the way to get these things done right!

Heh, sorry bout that man... But yeah, a PM is good! It just looks like fun to try and unfold! :D

Also, your new models look amazing!!! I don't know how you do it!! They're just so good, I might need a few tissues to stem the drooling!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Wow i have been looking for the recruit armor for a long time to make an H4 build next instead of a reach build and have definetely found the armor i want to use! Can't wait for someone to unfold it as my skills are not so great in that department. You have some mad skills my friend and keep up the superb work!!!

Of course you already know how awesome I think your modeling skills. :D

All in all your first build looks way better than my first test parts. :D and it's probably to late to help. But if you use a light coat of hair spray(really light) on the paper first it will seal it, then hit it with the Latex. Or the poor-mans way ( I use this allot) Polycrylic and Cheese cloth, in place of fiberglass and resin. :cool

Well till your next up date have fun and build something :cool

Heh, sorry bout that man... But yeah, a PM is good! It just looks like fun to try and unfold! :D

Also, your new models look amazing!!! I don't know how you do it!! They're just so good, I might need a few tissues to stem the drooling!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Its fine man xD just remember! lmao

Thanks a bunch! I am keeping up the good work... and I'm also working on ANOTHER project!! Which will be including an extremely game accurate model of Recruit!

Wow i have been looking for the recruit armor for a long time to make an H4 build next instead of a reach build and have definetely found the armor i want to use! Can't wait for someone to unfold it as my skills are not so great in that department. You have some mad skills my friend and keep up the superb work!!!

Well there will be a new Recruit armor build coming out soon too! I have just recently aquired a program that allows me to make extremely game accurate models, you will see a preview of it in the video I post below.

Of course you already know how awesome I think your modeling skills. :D

All in all your first build looks way better than my first test parts. :D and it's probably to late to help. But if you use a light coat of hair spray(really light) on the paper first it will seal it, then hit it with the Latex. Or the poor-mans way ( I use this allot) Polycrylic and Cheese cloth, in place of fiberglass and resin. :cool

Well till your next up date have fun and build something :cool

Haha yep! and I'm still glad you think that!

Thanks a bunch man xD It took me about 9 months to build that thing! I'll make sure to keep the hair spray in mind as well! I'll give that Polycrylic and Cheese cloth a test as well! I plan on starting to do a lot more work in foam however, seeing as its much better to use with detailed objects. I am a pretty decent sculptor so I'm sure I'll enjoy actually using foam :)

Yep can do my man! I'm trying to decide on my armor upgrade... I've been thinking about upgrading to either Fotus, Venator, or Soldier.

Alright everybody, update time.
I've been seeing a few threads where a person was talking about a program where you could take a bunch of pictures of an object all the way around and at different angles, import it into said program, and have the program spit out a 3d model... well, i recently started experimenting with it and wondered "well, would using halo 4 theater mode be any different than using an actual camera?" So I've been testing out the program a lot these past few days... and here is one of the results!

Last edited by a moderator:
dude just awesome work!!!! holy crap im jealous of your skill XD
keep up the great work bro and happy new years to you :)

Dang it! You took my idea (Hahaha). The problem is that the model wouldn't be clean enough for Pepakura. The good part though is that it helps making a detailed model easier.

Dang it! You took my idea (Hahaha). The problem is that the model wouldn't be clean enough for Pepakura. The good part though is that it helps making a detailed model easier.

A little hard work and elbow grease can clean that right up ;D I've actually completed the boot so far! Getting ready to get to work on the shin soon!

oh no double post! IM HORRIBLE! XD

2wqww13.jpg

Just what I've been working on for the past two days. I'm working on cleaning up the thigh piece and making it more low poly. The initial non detailed build will be for FOAM SPECIFICALLY since its really easy to sculpt details into it c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back