Halo 4 To Be Announced At E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing bungie, it'll be something with a great story line. I think there sick of halo related stuff. And besides, i would prefer something completely new that could rival halo and spark another halo'ish fandom, than another halo game.

Zaso117 said:
A guy named Doc posted that. It's not our doc, is it? :p

Anyhow. It scares me a little. Halo 3 was an epic end to an epic trilogy, as much as I'd love a Halo 4, I REALLY wouldn't want bungie to screw it up by just trying to release a game, not improving much, and trying to carry out a dead plot. We will cross our fingers and see! :)

How dare you think BUNGIE would screw it up!
lol jk! But I think it would be sweet if like MC crashes on a planet and it turns out the flood is there! GASP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlord_Ian said:
I dont think there with be a "halo 4" its more appropriate to call it "the next halo" because, last i heard, there are 2 more games coming, halo wars, and halo chronicles

I heard somewhere that "Halo Chronicles" was the next trilogy.(without Master Chief :()

LastSpartan said:
Yep.

But from what I've hearded, so people, RUMOR, it's based before Halo :CE, kinda like the 5th book Contact Harvest

I believe your saying people said theres going to be a prologue? But, how are they going to explain the end of H3 that is one heck of an Cliff hanger. Well, they might not even give us that in the game either :cautious:

HaloFreakX said:
But, how are they going to explain the end of H3 that is one heck of an Cliff hanger. Well, they might not even give us that in the game either :cautious:

Its bungie they love for people to come up with their own interpretation. Just like they interpret things from the bible and add easter eggs to the game

Assassin716 said:
Its bungie they love for people to come up with their own interpretation. Just like they interpret things from the bible and add easter eggs to the game

The end of Halo 3 was the beginning of Marathon.

Think about that.

LastSpartan said:
http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/200...ming-at-e3.html

Stay Tuned people. I'll check this out and give some heads up of new infos :)
I've been keeping up to date with this for a while and I know that Peter Jackson is making some sort of Halo Chronicles which are gonna be Halo 4 & 5 (maybe with better names) and might be based on the books (possible and I hope for it because I haven't read the books yet). So far they are making Halo Wars and another map pack definitely. Peter Jackson's Halo Project might still be a film so lets just be hopeful whatever it is for now, bungie get halo wars right and the new map pack is as good as legendary and includes a patch so every forge item off every map is useable in any map (why cant we have walls to use in the original maps!?), be able to move the elephant (maybe have the option to put it on valhalla and standoff?), make lowering weapons available in xbl custom matches (I want to make machinima with my friends but we always have to go to each others houses because we can't make a LAN). Those are all we need that I can think of right now...

Oh yeah, Spartan W23 you are kinda right, I heard that it is before it was just master chief and you are one of the other spartans (I havent read the books but apparently they are gonna make halo 4 & 5 out of some books and overall its called the peter jackson project)

Also, HaloFreakX, I hear you but also hear that Bungie aren't planning on continuing that storyline (forwards anyway). My guess is that another Microsoft owned dev will make it (thank god its not EA)

Whoever is now thinking where do I get my sources? I check N4g, GameSpot, IGN, Gametrailers and CVG almost daily lol

You know even if Microsoft owns the Halo Franchise they can sill have Bungie make the new game.
And if Bungie likes $ which I'm sure they do, (if they don't then they can't stay open) then they will make whatever they are paid for.
If Bungie is making the new halo game then I'm sure they will make it awesome.

I declare Shenanigans on the regard that this 'Halo 4' is going to be a follow off of Halo 3. From my understanding the majority of Bungie pretty much said they love Halo but they are turning their backs to it to venture out and actually work on something new. (Nearly a decade of one series? I would get bored of it too...). I didn't read everyone's post like I should (Lazyness) and I'm sure it was stated before but Peter Jackson intend to create a Trilogy/Series, rumored to be a genre seen very rarely in games (If never at all), a 'Interactive' Movie. "It's a form of entertainment that's not a game and it's not a film. It's a filmic game experience,". Both Peter Jackson AND a part of Bungie will be working on this series of games come to be known as "Halo Chronicles". "Given the fact we are making a little movie called Halo at the moment (This quote was back in 06 :p), and we're in partnership with the nice guys at Bungie, we decided the Halo universe is the best place for us to start. It's not Halo 3 or four. It's not the film. But it is based on that amazing world.". I think the bold pretty much sums up the reason why I think "Halo 4" is BS.

Oh, and lets not forget about Halo Wars and its expected Expansions! I hear they are trying to focus on a nice story for it unlike other non-Blizzard RTSs.

Agreed with above. You kids looking for Halo 4 will have to wait til you go to sleep tonight to see it in your dreams. Bungie is moving on. There will be NO HALO 4, only other games set in the Halo universe.

If PJ announces his project at E3 it will turn the Halo universe on it's ear. They've given him the reigns, be ready for a tumultuous ride. I personally expect nothing less that the kind of fireworks that shake the very foundations on which we stand. I suspect that it will be something that opens up the Halo universe to other franchises... something that makes you realize that Halo 1-3 was just one story of one soldier... be ready to move past Master Chief into new stories and adventures.

I wouldn't suspect that they'll wake Master Chief from cryosleep until he's absolutely needed.. he deserves it. Let him rest.

It can only benefit all of us scrutinizing the Halo world. More stories and more costumes mean more possibility for us.

And one day, the Master Chief will return... but not right away.

Well............WHATEVER!

lol.

That's even sooner, so there. We'll find out when it happens.

Truly, I'm tired of MC!

Sure he is damn near the most ultimate badass on my list (Behind Solid Snake and Huron Blackheart). But he needs to be given a damn rest! There are still.....what....8? other Spartans currently, and at least 60 in the past, why can't we play them? I'd give anything to play a Halo game with more then one Spartan in it, and even add the rebels and civilians. Our only hint at this bigass universe is the books, comics, and the freaking awesome ILoveBees series, and quite frankly I want to actually SEE or PLAY all of it! Let MC go drift off somewhere while we go play Kelly and Fred with the little Spartan IIIs (Pikmin, Halo style lol)

personally i think people are reading too much into the 4. someone at bungie probably said they were working on halo 4 and what he/she meant was halo wars. on another note i know the people at bungie must be having a field day with these rumors. they have always been a little cryptic, giving small bits of info that give just enough to stir up a rumor frenzy.

If I could have my way, I wouldn't really want to play as Master Chief again. I wouldn't mind SEEING him, but playing as that Super Human we all love can get a tad old. I'd prefer to play as one of two things. Either a grunt, or a marine. A grunt because, well..who wouldn't want to be a grunt? Granted, I think I'd have more fun as a marine. Theres a lot of potential for a great story line with new weapons and a new style of combat with a marine. Marines aren't super human and they don't have shields, which is something we've become accustomed to in halo. One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a sandbox type game, instead of a Campaign type game. Kinda like the Battlefield series. One thing I think we all can be almost sure of is the fact that when a game makes millions, you're not gonna stop the series. Weather it's " Halo : Marine Wars " , " Halo : A Grunt's Tale " or " Halo 4 " , I doubt they'll stop the series.

Spartan137 said:
The end of Halo 3 was the beginning of Marathon.

Think about that.

Halo: Combat Evolved shares many features with Marathon and could be considered Marathon 4 (though Bungie claims that it is set in a different universe).

Theres a weird thread going around on bungie....
It keep linking to a website with the date on the last day of E3....
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?po...stRepeater1-p=1
If you take the time to read all 19 pages(like i did)
its quite interesting.....
http://1019foxfm.net/
Theres the website. as you may notice they don't use t but use 7s.
well on halogrid Blinding made an interesting find.
http://www.halogrid.com/showthread.php?t=38216
Take what you want out of this idk how much is fake and whats real.
But i think somethings going down at E3 big for bungie....

I personally know the individual that won the auction that Bungie had going for a Halo 2 chief statue with all their Signatures on the thing. Cost him close to 3,000$ (2,800-2900) but he won it. It was an auction for Charity, so it came with the statue, A bag of Bungie Swag, and a tour of the Bungie Studios. He visited earlier this year as the auction stated he could pick his date to visit. Lets just say that during the tour of the Bungie, they also showed him around one of their campaign levels for "Their next game".

Won't say anything other then the fact that Bungie's next game being a Halo is a stretch, more or less, it will be a Reach.

;)

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back