Halo 4 undersuit (undecided on armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really awesome!!! I guess for me as a newcomer, I should start with an undersuit, too. Maybe sports underwear (longsleeve) and fitting rubber plates sewing on it.

ok dont know if it would help but found some foam shelf material the kinda has the pattern for a good undersuit its called easy brand shelf liner
EasyLiner_zps2c9aed65.jpg

ok dont know if it would help but found some foam shelf material the kinda has the pattern for a good undersuit its called easy brand shelf liner
EasyLiner_zps2c9aed65.jpg
i think those are mats that you put under carpet and stuff, i think the holes in between will be to great,
but anyway, nice found

i have been making myself a pattern, still work in progress tough
F75D9862-07F7-4E3B-925A-58E4602D21DA-23669-00001DC94015B1B0.jpg

That pattern is awesome. Definitely a lot of work, but it'll probably make things easier in the long run.
This would come in handy either if you wanted to cut out the major "muscle shapes" and overlap them (what Pendy was doing), or if you just wanted to use the lines as sewing lines to make the suit "muscles" stand out.

Pendy: any updates? I'm sure most of us are dying to see this finished!

hey. what kind of sewing method did you use on the inside? just a normal needle and then sewing the parts together for less flexibility and sewing them on the shirt for more like in the apdom. area?
iam interessted in creating my undersuit the same way you did. you raised the bar for my work :D

btw: here are some mesh fabric for example... which one would you prefer? the flat or the one with the structure?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/STOFFE-FUTTE...pt=DE_Möbel_Wohnen_Stoffe&hash=item4a9a5a4b0e

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Netzstoff-Lo..._Möbel_Wohnen_Stoffe&var=&hash=item2573366e46

these meshs are available in diffrent colors. i saw the red one in black and yellow. i hope i can find a blue or green one too. dark grey would be awesom too.

This is truly awesome work! I have been looking at expensive motorbike pressure suits to do the job but, honestly, this has way more authenticity to it and it looks incredible. One question--what type of pants do you plan on using for the suit? I can see you have some sort of underarmour type shirt, so I was curious to see about the bottom. Keep up the great work!

-oops

i thing he use some sort of lycra / spandex shirt which has a neckseal and long arms. this is normal for isolating or temperature underwear.
btw... where did you place the zipper and how did you manage it to get your head trough the neck hole? just strech and pull it over?

i think he made the patterns by free hand. next week i will start the same project and i will create a pepakura file for this undersuit. but without any 3d model, just the patterns ;)

i think he made the patterns by free hand. next week i will start the same project and i will create a pepakura file for this undersuit. but without any 3d model, just the patterns ;)

I am also starting on this suit and while I await for my materials to come in the mail I look forward to seeing and using your templates!

i havent even ordered my materials :p
but i will start next week. iam in the exam weeks and i have to study ^^ but on tuesday i will start my work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back