Halo 5 - M6H2T Tactical Magnum Add On

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeSizzlac

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
This was a remix of Blackace936's Gunfighter Magnum (an awesome model).

I took that gun along with game assets made available by 405th's Chernobyl and we finally have a printable tactical magnum from Halo 5.

The game assets was taken from Halo 5: Guardians - UNSC Weapons

Enjoy.

M6H2T.png

Untitled01.jpg

Untitled02.jpg

Untitled03.jpg

Masterful, going to download and inspect after work :) I've been struggling (with a different model) on finding the correct size for a non-Spartan hand but can't seem to find any reliable measurements (Halopedia claims M6H Magnum is 13.7"/35cm long which surely must be a joke).

I brought the other model down to 80% but it still feels quite big with a fat handle (much bigger than a Glock 17 for example) and for a 12.7mm round the barrel seems quite large.

Would you happen to know the correct size? :)

Masterful, going to download and inspect after work :) I've been struggling (with a different model) on finding the correct size for a non-Spartan hand but can't seem to find any reliable measurements (Halopedia claims M6H Magnum is 13.7"/35cm long which surely must be a joke).

I brought the other model down to 80% but it still feels quite big with a fat handle (much bigger than a Glock 17 for example) and for a 12.7mm round the barrel seems quite large.

Would you happen to know the correct size? :)
The M6D is 9" from what I looked up recently. That feels about right to me, well except for the blocky grip. Let me know if you want my help. I have several various sizes of grips to go off of.

Thanks that would be handy :) Ultimately I may just have to size one to my own hand and be done with it :)

The M6D is 9" from what I looked up recently. That feels about right to me, well except for the blocky grip. Let me know if you want my help. I have several various sizes of grips to go off of.

Thanks that would be handy :) Ultimately I may just have to size one to my own hand and be done with it :)
I can do a 3D model of a mag well with slanted 12.7 x 40mm in it. I can then measure it to my 45 ACP double stack mags and even 50cal paintball pistol magazine as a reference. Gimme till Saturday though. I'm pretty busy today.

Thanks that is informative :)

Your suggestion is a good idea too. In Tinkercad (coz I'm a 3D noob) I threw in the M6H2T magazine and a 12.7*40mm "bullet", resizing the magazine to what I thought would be the appropriate size for the bullet. The result was 116.75%.
Halo-Magnum116.75.png

Using some crappy filament and low resolution I'd earlier printed the gun at 84.88% which gave an inner barrel diameter of about 14mm and was almost Glock 17 size. But feels a tad small. Printing a 91.41% version now.

So the choice I'll have to make is to size it based on;
1. Bullet in magazine
2. Barrel diameter
3. Something that will reasonably fit in the hand and being able to grasp the handle and not looking ridiculously oversized :)
roger rabbit.jpg

Or am I over thinking this? ;)

*2 days later* realised I didn't hit Post Reply....

Just fyi, the magnum is .50 cal (1/2" diameter) (not sure the length) so I've always thought the desert eagle .50 AE would be a good modern comparison.

Screenshot_20190811-094529_Gallery.jpg

It's not that far off ammunition wise from the M6.

This is the 12rnd double stack 45.acp MK23 firing system and the Tippmann TPX .68cal paintball pistol. I 3D printed the 12.7x40mm M6D round for comparison and angled it up as it would feed in the mags. Hope this helps you out!
0812191052.jpg
0812191053.jpg
0812191053a.jpg

And now we have a physical representation of the SAPHE rounds we have so adored in the games since CE, this is really cool man

Ah so in my own test (above) I didn't angle the round correctly? I just made it made the side wall of the mag but I see now I should angle it to align with the bits at the top.

I 3D printed the 12.7x40mm M6D round for comparison and angled it up as it would feed in the mags. Hope this helps you out!

Ah so in my own test (above) I didn't angle the round correctly? I just made it made the side wall of the mag but I see now I should angle it to align with the bits at the top.
Well yes and no. It really depends on the feed ramp on the barrel and mag capacity. It's anybodies best guess how much a big round like that would be angled in a pistol mag. I don't think its been done before in practice.

Really its up to your own digression. If it were me, I would just make it work with it being "technically" correct:D

I’d imagine that it’d sit pretty flat near dead horizontal, I say this because unlike many handguns the DE mag has maybe 1 to 2 degrees tilt in how the cartridge sits. A google search of “desert eagle magazine with bullets” gave me that very shallow tilt impression. That and it’s the best analog to the M6 series we have real world

Has anyone else tried printing this yet? I've printed everything but I'm having trouble with the flashlight. It doesn't seem to fit on the rail.
I thought it might just be a tolerance issue with my printer but everything else seems fine. Just wondering if anyone else is having this difficulty.
Aside from that...this thing is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back