Halo 5 recruit charred

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the torso is done, but it is still in its seperate peices. My sisters birthday was this weekend so I missed most of a day of sewing, and then the machine broke. It is fixed now, but I lost maybe two and a half days worth if sewing... I did the arm in a day and a half, and was hoping to make similar time with the other one so I would finish both arms in three days instead of four, but the printer broke and set me back a little... the arm then took two full days instead of the day and a half, and was looking pretty good, but I struggled with sewing the two seperate sides like a jigsaw puzzle to connect them and finish the arm, and a few places turned out wonky. I am not happy at all with how it turned out, and around the inside of the elbow, it is bunched up and all weird. Looks terrible, but I do not have time to fix it so I am just going to go on with it I guess...View attachment 272471View attachment 272475View attachment 272474

There is this giant porteuding point that sticks out, or sucks everything else into the void and causes lumps and wrinkles when worn... :(
So, detailed bodysuits are definitely a cool thing, but if you're not happy with it and run out of time you could just order a black zentai suit off amazon. Some party city's carry them too. Just don't kill yourself by pulling all nighters or stressing it too much. Black body suits don't look bad as a substitute.

So, detailed bodysuits are definitely a cool thing, but if you're not happy with it and run out of time you could just order a black zentai suit off amazon. Some party city's carry them too. Just don't kill yourself by pulling all nighters or stressing it too much. Black body suits don't look bad as a substitute.
But they do look bad! Atleast on the halo 4/5 armors because everything from the chest to the thighs is exposed and nothing but a flat fabric. You have it easy having a reach suit, while mine doesnt even have a cod. I wanted to order a zentai, but it doesnt look as good as it could in my opinion. I think what I have done so far is looking amazing, just disappointed with that section of the arm, and by no means am I losing sleep. I always try to get a minimum of seven hours of rest, and I know if I didnt this sewing would actually kill me XD

Maybe the day before the con I can mess around with that elbow. Maybe i just didnt stitch far enough into the fabric and sew it is popping out... haha^ bet yall hate me now.

I want this undersuit to be great so it can look as authentic and appealing as possible(I also plan on starting a halo 4 flood cosplay in maybe 8 years or so :b)
, and I still am on my scedual. Even though I am cutting it close, and it does take three days instead of two to finish each leg, I will still have one extra day to get picky or fix anything I need to

TurboCharizard what yo you think about this scuba fabric stuff? Do you think it is a type of faux leather or no? Faux leather is supposed to be able to be stamped really well, but no matter what I do, the impressions dont seem to want and stay. Maybe it is the tools I am using? I ordered a honey comb stamp for the hexagons and will get it tonight. Let's see if that works and I'll know it is my tools...

TurboCharizard what yo you think about this scuba fabric stuff? Do you think it is a type of faux leather or no? Faux leather is supposed to be able to be stamped really well, but no matter what I do, the impressions dont seem to want and stay. Maybe it is the tools I am using? I ordered a honey comb stamp for the hexagons and will get it tonight. Let's see if that works and I'll know it is my tools...
The Super Techno Scuba I use is a lycra blend so it's more of a flexible four way stretch than a leather-like so I wouldn't expect it to keep any tooling marks. Do you mean the marine vinyl? You could emboss that using a stamp of some sort made from a hard enough material.

The Super Techno Scuba I use is a lycra blend so it's more of a flexible four way stretch than a leather-like so I wouldn't expect it to keep any tooling marks. Do you mean the marine vinyl? You could emboss that using a stamp of some sort made from a hard enough material.
Yes! I'm sorry, I got the two names mixed up. It looks like it should emboss/be stampable, but I think it may have been what I am using to do so. I just got my package as I am writing this so we will se results (maybe) within the hour

15615941576152310734105000347671.jpg

Maybe I am doing it wrong. Do you have to clamp it? I have been pressing down on it with all my weight for about thirty seconds. And that is the deep obvious design in the back(closest to the stamp. In the picture you cant tell, but in person you can really see it, but the close ones look like they do in the picture as they do phisically... ) The ones you can barely see in the front are from two hours ago...

View attachment 272597
Maybe I am doing it wrong. Do you have to clamp it? I have been pressing down on it with all my weight for about thirty seconds. And that is the deep obvious design in the back(closest to the stamp. In the picture you cant tell, but in person you can really see it, but the close ones look like they do in the picture as they do phisically... ) The ones you can barely see in the front are from two hours ago...
What if you heat the stamp up?
Don't ask me how.

Haha, yeah. So I didnt try heading it up, because I got excited when my battery holders came in so I could hook up and test my fans. I have never soldered before and jumped in, or I tried to before I didnt look down, went to grab the soldering iron, and grabbed the burning top XD now i am trying not to die of my mortal wounds, so we may need to wait a little bit. I was also working extra hard today an almost finished the whole right arm. I just have to connect the tree peices, sew the ends in so it is a tube, invert and done. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow, that is if I dont have to amputate my fingers... :b

I did try hammering the fabric. No luck. Maybe I should man up and hit it harder

Haha, yeah. So I didnt try heading it up, because I got excited when my battery holders came in so I could hook up and test my fans. I have never soldered before and jumped in, or I tried to before I didnt look down, went to grab the soldering iron, and grabbed the burning top XD now i am trying not to die of my mortal wounds, so we may need to wait a little bit. I was also working extra hard today an almost finished the whole right arm. I just have to connect the tree peices, sew the ends in so it is a tube, invert and done. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow, that is if I dont have to amputate my fingers... :b

I did try hammering the fabric. No luck. Maybe I should man up and hit it harder
Dang man, you gotta be reaaaal careful. That's proably gonna hurt for a few days tbh.

For real though, have you used a soldering iron before?

No... I have used a wood burner though!

I include this image of models using tools for promotional images in every intro to electronics panel I do.
View attachment 272622

ALSO NEXT WEEKS BUCKET TO BOOTS IS A FUN ELECTRONICS SESSION!

I have to be done for HOD by Thursday. I have eight days including today to finish everything. If you do it before then, I will tune in, take notes, and do what I saw. If not, I will have already done it :)

I don know the basics, and how to actually solder, but I only am borrowing a cheapo soldering iron and dont have any equipment like the arms. I have electrical tape and shrink wrap so that is a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back