Halo Anime Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrisan said:
I just hope it doesn't ruin the way halo looks, so far some of the art looks lame.. and this should be more of a serious anime. No cutesy love story or ridiculous goofy stuff.

I couldn't agree more, I love anime, but I like a series better when its more realistic rather than cutesy Narutard style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love for this to work and work well.... But i think i threw up a little in my mouth when i watched that trailer.

First off, I'm a massive anime fan. But I can say now that the Halo universe was not meant for anime.

IF they did the following i think it could work:

Pre rendered, like Shinji Aramaki's previous work appleseed and appleseed ex machine. Ive been saying that Halo would make a great pre-rendered film for years.

OR done in the anime style of Last Exile, by Gonzo. It was the perfect mesh of animation and pre-rendered scenes.

And judging by the look of the trailer well, i go back to being sick when watching it.

I really don't like this idea, there is a MUCH higher chance of it failing than being very good.

Further points will be presented as i actually read others comments.

Edit:

Ive come to realize that Microsoft being the massive rich company they are have just gone and got a bunch of the best studios who when given the freedom to do so can create BRILLIANT animes, and they offered them a truck load of money to do it the microsoft way, which will limit their creativity and ultimately make it FAIL.

also, why 5 production houses?? most animes are made with ONE... oh why.... WHHYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Hooo boy...

Well after watching the trailers, I'm just about as uncertain as I could possibly be. Being a kid growing up in this generation, I've watched a fair share of stuff like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. But beyond that, I've never really gotten into anime. I don't think I've even ever watched stuff like Naruto, or anything else that they air on places like cartoon network. I'm as big a Halo lover as you could possibly find, but I just don't know about this. Gonna take a lot more to get me to like this. :unsure

Frankie posted up some Halo Legends promotional posters that were put together for comicon over at HBO.

I'm trying very hard to reserve judgment on this until I see it, but brace yourself, it's not the Halo you know and love..

2ylwxzl.jpg

jzwoyo.jpg

2gtax7a.jpg

33213xi.jpg

2ns9pb8.jpg

1412nix.jpg

I'll be honest. This looks like crap. A whole lot of crap, that will make them a lot of money. I think the only way a Halo movie/short would ever go down without making people gag in their seats is CG. Maybe a live action(especially after Iron Man) but I doubt anyone could get the budget up to do more than a half *** job :/ I personally don't see myself supporting this in any way, not that enough people won't to make a difference >.<

*Also anyone impressed by the trailer ought to note that is mostly unrelated cg crap.*

why is chief going to punch Vegeta in crazy ape form, in the face? (second pic from bottom)

oh wait, that is just a un-reasonably sized brute... i see now.

i think im just gonna go cry now.

FAIL.

DreadMullet said:
why is chief going to punch Vegeta in crazy ape form, in the face? (second pic from bottom)

don't forget that Chief can punch things without his armor on an they die, so I imagine he can take down this brute with only slight difficulty ^__^b

to everyone (not someone in particular... just my thoughts):

i guess the best way for anyone that loves halo and doesn't wanna see this fail can approach this, is like how everyone had to approach DragonBall Evolution, like it was an alternate world all together. that way you don't miss out on some possibly interesting methods of telling a story or another good possibility in the halo universe. I mean it may be missing alot of the original things needed to make it halo, but who's to say that the creators of these shorts didn't put alot of blood sweat and tears into making this enjoyable material. or maybe what-if bungie had decided to go in the direction one of these artists went. it's all a matter of enjoying it for what it is, and not what it isn't. i know that even if i may want to criticize and reprimand it for missing alot of the halo originality, i'm still very excited to see how this turns out. I think the art in most looks very crisp and professional, enjoyable to the eye, i can't say much about the selected voice overs yet, but that will play a key role as well, and then i'm a sucker for hardcore action scenes; guns blazing, fists flying, blood getting splattered... stuff like that, so I mean if it has any of that in the shorts then you can consider me interested ^^

but of course on top of wanting to enjoy something for what it is... a story.

i'm also very optimistic d^w^b

Still looks pretty cool to me :D The only one that looks "off" to me is the one by Toei animation (oversized brute-creature)

The trailer looks good, but I will keep my guard up and call foul if it is bad. So far the few things going against it is the crotch rockets, and the Spartan that reminds me of Gundam Heavyarms Custom from Endless Waltz. Other then that, I will watch. Maybe it will be better than I expect.

(prays to God that it blows minds from awsomeness and not epic failure)

ODST poster:

Total opposite image of the WETA Landfall troops. Instead of battered, tough Marines, we have happy long hair hippies (no offense to happy long haired hippies) and two mini-fros. Not the image I care for when I visualize space Marines. But right now it just brings to mind the exact type of anime I don't like.

Really on the fence on this one now. Didn't have any thoughts on it either way from the trailer, but that poster makes me go

Samurai Elites poster:

The Arbiter looks pretty cool in that gold armor. I have no idea what's up with robe boy. We'll see.

CQB armor/Teddy bear poster:

This one actually looks kind of interesting.

Cortana/Chief poster:

This one looks cool, and I'm guessing it's for the crotch-rocket one. Aside from the crotch rockets (what was wrong with pelicans?) this one looks pretty neat.

Super brute vs chief:

Did some crazy power rangers villain decide to make the monkey grow or something? I wasn't too big on the art...and the guy has 1337 written on his chest. 1337. This is the one I care the least for so far.

Gundam:

It's a gundam.

DreadMullet said:

oh wait, that is just a un-reasonably sized brute... i see now.

i think im just gonna go cry now.

FAIL.

Go read a wiki or two.

That's going to be a satirical non canonical short, along with the gundam looking spartan. You know... satirical... As in funny... Yes, imagine all that good ol' bungie humor in the form of a cartoon.

Don't worry about the hippie ODSTs, this is Japanese. If they talk a lot, they get f***ed up just as much. Almost as guaranteed as a blond chick dying in a horror movie (not before tripping).

As for the teddy bear and the field of flowers. I think it may be a female spartan reminiscing on her past. I don't know why we're all going ape$#!T over a teddy bear. It's not like little girls don't own teddy bears. That complaint's not too prominent here, but people won't shut up about it on other forums.

The only thing here I'm skeptic about here is the voice acting. It gould go wither way since we haven't heard any of it... You know, like how ALL the voice acting in the animatrix was brilliant (for re dubs) but the Gotham night acting was......inconsistent..... And when it was bad, it was BBBBAAAAADDDD.

Ah, satirical. Now I feel less annoyed about the 1337-ness on the armor. =P

Still iffie on the ODSTs. If they die, I get the feeling that it's going to be overdramatic, talky, someone will reminisce or flashback to their girlfriend/puppy back home. Animes I've watched that don't bug me with their portrayal of soldiers are few and far between.

Well, regardless I'll give it a looksee and a chance. But they kind of look like they're going to a picnic or something in that poster.

Trooper0621 said:
Ah, satirical. Now I feel less annoyed about the 1337-ness on the armor. =P

Still iffie on the ODSTs. If they die, I get the feeling that it's going to be overdramatic, talky, someone will reminisce or flashback to their girlfriend/puppy back home. Animes I've watched that don't bug me with their portrayal of soldiers are few and far between.

Well, regardless I'll give it a looksee and a chance. But they kind of look like they're going to a picnic or something in that poster.

ahhh yes, i would love to go to a picnic in my armor XD

xalener said:
As for the teddy bear and the field of flowers. I think it may be a female spartan reminiscing on her past. I don't know why we're all going ape$#!T over a teddy bear. It's not like little girls don't own teddy bears. That complaint's not too prominent here, but people won't shut up about it on other forums.

We can determine a few things about that short from the trailer and the announcement. We know that short is being done by Production I.G. (who animate among other things Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and I think that their animation style would be a good fit for Halo) and Frankie said that the Production I.G. bit would be going into the origins of the Spartan warriors. We see that red-armored Spartan remove her helmet, revealing short blond hair. We also see what appears to be her discarding her dog tags. The only reason I can think of for that is that she was intending to go A.W.O.L. though the circumstances of why a Spartan might do that are as yet unknown (there are many ruins in the background as she does so.) We then see her (without her armor) receiving that little bear on a keychain in a flower garden from a girl with long blond hair, then she points a pistol at the girl's head. Given that their hair is similar, I am guessing that this girl is a relative of the Spartan, maybe a younger sister. My money is on this Spartan going in search of her past, seeking out the family that she barely remembers. I think that could be a fairly touching, very human piece, especially considering that Spartans are normally thought of as stoic, super-human warriors.

The one with Das Super Brutus, (lol.) Does have a cool looking Mk VI design on it, (Besides the 1337.) Other then that, doesn't look interesting.

god help us all.. wtf is wrong with you japan..............................................

halo doesnt go very well cheesey over produced generic anime garbage utter trash plots and story lines

when you read my post it will be blunt and its all cause i never read the entire thread and only refect my opinions.

the anime style is going to really kill the community and the halo universe. it will most likely be called the animatrix of the halo world. it is going to suck because the artists put too much of themselfs and what they draw into it rather than trying to develop a plot or anime that better suits the halo universe.

things i noticed in the trailer.

japanese references everywhere.

gundam references

dragon ball z styles at times.

some cgi styles that look promiseing but are not because they are meshed poorly they are trying to copy a cg vs anime style like lost planet and titan ae had.

i was surprised it isnt all just cgi like the floating things with the studio names and the very ending with.. what are those rocket motorcycles for space battles? wtf.

well anyways. total impresions of this legends thing.. no it does not deseve the halo name... out of 10 i give the trailer an impressions of -50 out of 10. will i see it.. yup but only just to see how badly they had to butcher the halo name.

also has anyone else knoticed the giant brute in the picture sean put up has the fireing ma lazer face and the spartan has 1337... bad setup on this part.. im sure bungie is thouroughly dissapointed in this.

CommanderFluffy said:
when you read my post it will be blunt and its all cause i never read the entire thread and only refect my opinions.

the anime style is going to really kill the community and the halo universe. it will most likely be called the animatrix of the halo world. it is going to suck because the artists put too much of themselfs and what they draw into it rather than trying to develop a plot or anime that better suits the halo universe.

things i noticed in the trailer.

japanese references everywhere.

gundam references

dragon ball z styles at times.

some cgi styles that look promiseing but are not because they are meshed poorly they are trying to copy a cg vs anime style like lost planet and titan ae had.

i was surprised it isnt all just cgi like the floating things with the studio names and the very ending with.. what are those rocket motorcycles for space battles? wtf.

well anyways. total impresions of this legends thing.. no it does not deseve the halo name... out of 10 i give the trailer an impressions of -50 out of 10. will i see it.. yup but only just to see how badly they had to butcher the halo name.

also has anyone else knoticed the giant brute in the picture sean put up has the fireing ma lazer face and the spartan has 1337... bad setup on this part.. im sure bungie is thouroughly dissapointed in this.

if you're going to make a comment on it, IE; being the brute an the 1337 spartan, try doing some research first. ^^ people aren't really going to be willing to answer your, "has anyone else noticed this?" question when if you DO read the other comments you'll see that, yes... yes they do notice... an they have done their research.

d :coolb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back