Halo Antrho Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add my vote for an anthro feline/tiger model. I was looking for something to add to a motorcycle helmet that doesn't obstruct the vision.

No pictures to post yet, but I've been working on this. First build, looked about like you'd expect (especially since this is my first pep build). Got about halfway through that build before I decided, "OK, this is going too far out of whack." Wife thought I was crazy for stopping halfway through the build. Second build went a lot better. Learned a few things from reading the board, and learned that is *IS* possible to get first degree burns on your fingertips from superglue. That build it hanging on one of my desk lamps as a reference.

I'm trying to get it scaled out properly to allow it to fit over a motorcycle helmet. Build #3 was 120% scale, and was close... but not quite big enough. So, that one got about 3/4 complete and is now sitting, slightly mangled as I used it as a test for "OK, what will need to be modified/stretched/added/shaved to get this to cover completely. Build #4 is 130% and is sitting on my desk printed and unbuilt (If I don't set a hard-stop time of 11pm, I wind up working until 2-3am, and when you have to get up at 6am for work... yeah, no).

Right now, I'm half debating on covering the helmet in clay, sticking the pep to that, and sculpting out the parts that I need to cover too. The helmet is one that's unwearable due to a crash, and I plan to get a new one to replace that. I have another now, but not my first choice in helmets. Problem areas include getting the pep to work with the swing-up chin on the helmet and that the pep only comes down about 3/4 of the way in the back.
Eventual plan is to pull a mold and cast a fitted shell that can be attached via velcro to the helmet and the chin. It's cheap therapy at this point... $10 for the pack of cardstock and $9 for a pack of blades, already had the hot glue and gun, which is working a LOT better, keeps me busy and out of trouble. Wife really hates to hear me go, "I'm bored...". Then again, that's what let me to this.

I hate to be the stick in the mud, since this is an interesting thread. But, you may want to make sure you are getting permission from the modelers of the helmets you are modifying. I know that the end product is a far cry from what you started with and it is mostly your work, but you are starting with a model base that is someone else's work. There have been a few great modelers that have pulled all their files from the net, forever lost to the rest of us, for reasons such as this (Acehigh and Nintendude to name a few).

did u 3d print it or is it out of paper if u 3d printed it can u send me the file

This thread has been inactive for almost five years, and the OP of the thread hasn't been online since January - it's very unlikely that you're going to be able to get the helmet from him.

Please remember in the future to check the date of the previous post before adding your own. If the thread's been dead for more than two months, please reconsider posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back