Props Halo armor water cooling kit V1 DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend who modded a fish tank pump to pump coolant through a network of tubes along his torso. Ill see if i can get any photos.

A Update! the biofoam hip flask is gone. Coming up next is the Big verison shaped like a tac nuke .
4X the cooling time . Ive mounted the pump.

Ive been plumbing the tubes and ports. pics to come in a day or 2....
Ive got a * ton* of things I am balanceing along with my day job.

Peter

I have my eye set on the FURY tac nuke . Or the HAVOK both are about the same size and also close to the cooler Ive been modding .
Here is the goods on back of Noble .. Its Really close to scale !

20160809_205452.jpg

Instead of a ~ColdnessBattery~ of ice mass ,
why not run a PELTIER cooler on a small amount of water loop, or as ducted / piped cool air.

The ability to cool wont dissipate like ice melts, and you can regulate the intensity of the chill by how much power you send to the Peltier. A ~60w Peltier aint expensive at all, but you need to use heatsinks and exhaust fans to move the heat out of the suit (still $ reasonable with fans and sinks). No leaks, no felonys from the EPA.

But the big advantage is you can just switch it off while inside AC buildings,
and hours later turn it on when you need it. Total run time is just a matter of how many AH of 11.1v LiPo you want to carry 'online' or as swap-outs, and you dont have to run it at max power

TECs are not Eff%

Ive used large TEC systems for large Laser diodes .400 Watt bar diode arrays ;) to Pump ND-YAG Lasers ....

I have tons of 40 Watt modules laying around .

A TEC at best can do 15% Eff. so Lets assume a human per ASHRAE is 100 watts Min..
I need to lets say move half that year . thats 50 Watts of heat .

take in to account the TEC's Eff % of 15 best case 333 Watts of DC power needed to power it.
most TEC are 12V rated . thats 27 AMPS .

https://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/rv-marine/agm/8AU1H.html

Length 8.31
Width 5.13
Height 7.25
Weight 24

that would power it for a hour or 2

http://rinitech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/LAW1ST_COOLING.pdf

R134a based Real A/C is the way to go ... the US army use it for on of there back belt mounted systems.

HTB12_ZsGXXXXXciXFXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

its a 3 Ph delta ran BLDC motor.... A common 3Ph RC toy speed con can run it and as a bonus its a VFD. I can speed up and idle it as I wish .

Its on the R and D list for the fall. project * stark* comes first for personal projects.
Ive got a year till the heat comes back

That said.

A company near by has Contracted My company to put in a cooling system in a worn item....
I am not able to disclose much but rest ashured you wont need Ice Or R134a or a large batt pack
a single LiFePO4 18650 can run for a hour or so .

All your guys's designs look really good. Would having PC fans mounted in all the armor pieces be an effective cooling system? I'm going to see if I can build an undersuit from ripstop nylon, which should help with breathability and durability from my experience backpacking long distances.

Its not like we use wetsuits.

The Nylon/spandex blend used by 99% of us is so open weave that It * does * breath.

Heck The reason I used a waffle weave spandex-poly blend Home made undersuit was that it had lots of open pores EG like mesh shorts .( and it was more Halo-ish then flat fabric) .

Ive thought of forced air Esp in the chest . but Ive relized that at least in my suits that I dont feel overly hot in the chest and IR readings were not any worse up there eather.
that said. From a water loop stadpoint . up the spine and near the neck is VERY effective .

There might be some advantage to a fan In the pods area to blow on your backand sholders.

However any spine pad would block this area ..

Ive got more Cool things on the way for this but its getting VERY cold here again in Oregon so Its ( parden the puns ) On the back burner till spring..

Interesting, a torso cooling option wired to a buttpack/fury sounds great. Will be following closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back