1st Build Halo C.E to Infinite multiplayer helmet builds

AnotherTui

I'm planning on making all of my multiplayer helmets from C.E through Infinite after recently purchasing a 3d Printer. This will be the third time attempting to recreate my multiplayer Spartan's helmet thoug hmy first with a 3d printer. I'm not terrible at 3d moddelling but to make it easier I mostly used 3d files from Moe Sizzlac or modified Art Andrew and Chernobyl's Pepakura files.

The helmets I'll be making are:
-Mark V (C.E)
Screenshot (323).png
-Base Mark VI (Halo 2)
Screenshot (322).png
-EOD (Halo 3)
Screenshot (325).png
-Dare's Recon (ODST)
Screenshot (320).png
-Mark V with the UA attachment (Halo: Reach)
Screenshot (324).png
-Enforcer Gen 1 (Halo 4)

-Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred (Halo 5)
Halo 5 Guardians (7).png
-Mark VI UA and base Mark VII (Halo Infinite).
Screenshot (305).pngScreenshot (327).png

The first helmet I'll be making is the Enforcer with the white and blue TRCR paintjob and Legendary Visor.
Screenshot (319).png

Halo 4's my favourite of the series so I figured I'd start here. I Couldn't find a high quality 3d model anywhere so I used Art Andrews' Pep file, refined it in Blender then spend a few hours in 3d Builder trying to add as much detail as I could.

Screenshot (328).png

I'll be slicing and starting the print today so I'll update when I have something to show.

I'm planning on making all of my multiplayer helmets from C.E through Infinite after recently purchasing a 3d Printer. This will be the third time attempting to recreate my multiplayer Spartan's helmet thoug hmy first with a 3d printer. I'm not terrible at 3d moddelling but to make it easier I mostly used 3d files from Moe Sizzlac or modified Art Andrew and Chernobyl's Pepakura files.

-Mark V (C.E)
View attachment 318540
-Base Mark VI (Halo 2)
View attachment 318539
-EOD (Halo 3)
View attachment 318542
-Dare's Recon (ODST)
View attachment 318538
View attachment 318541
-Enforcer Gen 1 (Halo 4)

View attachment 318536
View attachment 318537View attachment 318543

The first helmet I'll be making is the Enforcer with the white and blue TRCR paintjob and Legendary Visor.
View attachment 318535

Halo 4's my favourite of the series so I figured I'd start here. I Couldn't find a high quality 3d model anywhere so I used Art Andrews' Pep file, refined it in Blender then spend a few hours in 3d Builder trying to add as much detail as I could.

View attachment 318544

I'll be slicing and starting the print today so I'll update when I have something to show.
This is one of the craziest prop ideas I’ve ever heard and I’d love to see the final project sooooo much! Are you going to paint all of them? Will they all be full size? Where would you even display them lol? Good luck can’t wait to see them!

This is one of the craziest prop ideas I’ve ever heard and I’d love to see the final project sooooo much! Are you going to paint all of them? Will they all be full size? Where would you even display them lol? Good luck can’t wait to see
I'll be painting them all my standard colours of White, Blue and Purple with vacuum formed visors each equating to the colour of the pictures and Yup they'll all be wearable. I'm using the deluxe Halo Infinite Master Chief helmet to scale all of them so they'll actually fit on my head. I'm going to be adding lights to all of them eventually though that'll come a bit further down the line.

Where would you even display them lol?
I'm Planning on making a set of 343 and Bungie armour when these are all done too, one based on my Reach's spartan and the other with the Scarred Mark VI so I can kinda interchange the helmets across them. I managed to find a pair of super cheap display manequins that I'll display the armours and one of the helmets each at a time, the others are probably just going on a styrofoam head.

I'll be painting them all my standard colours of White, Blue and Purple with vacuum formed visors each equating to the colour of the pictures and Yup they'll all be wearable. I'm using the deluxe Halo Infinite Master Chief helmet to scale all of them so they'll actually fit on my head. I'm going to be adding lights to all of them eventually though that'll come a bit further down the line.
I realllyyyy hope this post gets some weight on it because this is super cool! What made you want to take on this task? Also, there’s a program called ArmorSmith. It’s used to help scale armor and props to your body. You should try checking it out so you don’t run into sizing issues.

What made you want to take on this task?
I've been making helmets out of foam, Cardboard, plastic or whatever I could find since I was super young. When Halo 4 came out I tried to make my character's armour and helmet (Mark VI gen 1 and the enforcer helmet) But being like, 10 I had no idea what I was doign and it was falling apart before I got to my first con. When halo 5 came out I tried again with the Scarred Armour set but it mostly looked terrible. This is kinda catharsis on my part now that I've got over a decade of practise under my belt.

Also, there’s a program called ArmorSmith. It’s used to help scale armor and props to your body. You should try checking it out so you don’t run into sizing issues.
Thank you so much! I've been looking for something like this, When I've got the 3d models for the armour finihsed I'll give it a go.

I've been making helmets out of foam, Cardboard, plastic or whatever I could find since I was super young. When Halo 4 came out I tried to make my character's armour and helmet (Mark VI gen 1 and the enforcer helmet) But being like, 10 I had no idea what I was doign and it was falling apart before I got to my first con. When halo 5 came out I tried again with the Scarred Armour set but it mostly looked terrible. This is kinda catharsis on my part now that I've got over a decade of practise under my belt.

Thank you so much! I've been looking for something like this, When I've got the 3d models for the armour finihsed I'll give it a go.
Good luck! Can’t wait to see them all together!

I'll be slicing and starting the print today so I'll update when I have something to show
Screenshot (336).png

All helmets are now sculpted, though I'm sure I'll be tinkering with them as I wait for the pieces to be printed.

The Enforcer has been proving to be a pain. I'm altering the files slightly to make sure my printer is able to actually print them and not come out as a massive wirey mess. If anyone knows how to smooth out pieces please reply with them because when I hollowed out the files the inside looked like something from Minecraft.

Screenshot (337).png

View attachment 318586

All helmets are now sculpted, though I'm sure I'll be tinkering with them as I wait for the pieces to be printed.

The Enforcer has been proving to be a pain. I'm altering the files slightly to make sure my printer is able to actually print them and not come out as a massive wirey mess. If anyone knows how to smooth out pieces please reply with them because when I hollowed out the files the inside looked like something from Minecraft.

View attachment 318587
First off - wow! Love the ambition in this project! Looking forward to seeing them all sitting together.

In Blender you could use either the subsurf modifier, or smooth it in sculpting mode. Did you use a remesh modifier at all? Wondering if you may have somehow used a "voxel" remesher.

First off - wow! Love the ambition in this project! Looking forward to seeing them all sitting together.

In Blender you could use either the subsurf modifier, or smooth it in sculpting mode. Did you use a remesh modifier at all? Wondering if you may have somehow used a "voxel" remesher.
I have tried to smooth it in sculpting mode but that ended up ruining the other side. I havent given the subsurf modifier yet though, thank you so much for the suggestion.

After several attempts to fix my Enforcer helmet model I decided it would be a lot easier to just print off another one so I can have something to show off. I decided to start on my mark VI Gen 1 Scarred helmet from Halo 5.

Halo 5 Guardians (8).png

As of now I have a quarter of the pieces printed out, and am hoping to have the other three quarters printed out by the end of June. That should be enough time for me to decide which secondary colour I'm going to be painting it.

Scarred 1.jpg
Scarred 2.jpg

I also printed off two sets of hand armour, 343's Mark VI and a super rudimentary Mark V b Challenger hand armour from Infinite. This was both a paint test and a way to test out the look of a couple pairs of gloves.

Hand 1.jpg

While these were all printing I started modifying a few 3d models including putting more detail into Chernobyl's Mark VI Scarred chest and Jumpmaster helmet, and turning Moe Sizzlac's Mark V Chestpiece into the HP Parafoil Chest.
Screenshot (359).png
Screenshot (360).png

-Mark V (C.E)
View attachment 318540
-Base Mark VI (Halo 2)
View attachment 318539
-EOD (Halo 3)
View attachment 318542
-Dare's Recon (ODST)
View attachment 318538
View attachment 318541
-Enforcer Gen 1 (Halo 4)

View attachment 318536
View attachment 318537View attachment 318543

View attachment 318535

View attachment 318544

Are you planning on releasing the models? I planned on making a RvB Sharkface helmet and I also couldn't find any GEN1 Enforcer helmet models.

I FINALLY HAVE AN UPDATE!!

So after my printer decided to desroy itself out of nowhere about 5 months ago, I finally have it back up and running which means I've done a soft restart on this Project. Since it's been so long I've had time to stew on which helmets I'll be making (Plus two and a Half Seasons on infinite which means more Helmets and cores) I have revised my list.

A) Reach Mark V.pngB) CE Mark V.pngC) 2 Mark VI.pngD) ODST Recon.png

E) 3 CQB.pngF) 4 Enforcer (2).pngF) Mark VI.pngG) Scarred 2.png

H) Infinite Celox.pngI) Infinite Mark V.pngJ) Infinite Morrigan.pngK) Infinite Balor.png

I'll be printing:
-Mark V UA (White, Cyan with a silver Visor)
-Mark V (White with a Blue Visor)
-Mark VI (White Cobalt)
-Dare's Recon (Lavender, Snow With a Yellow Visor)
-CQB (White, Blue)
-Enforcer TRCR (White, Violet with the Legendary Visor)
**Maybe** Mark VI (White, Violet with the Frost Visor)
-Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred (White, Aubergine with the Frost Visor)
-Celox + Proforma (Burgandy Spear with the Interrupt Visor)
-Mark V + UA (Noble Drifter with the Stalwart Visor)
-Morrigan (Epsilon Spring with the Controlled Growth Visor)
-Balor + Moonglow (Avalanche State with the Fireblood Rift Visor)

I have all the high quality models now except for Balor, Most of them I found for free online though I did buy the files for Celox, Proforma and Mark VI halo 5 edition) on Etsy.
Screenshot (820).png

I managed to find a way to get rid of the "Minecraft" look of the helmet interiors by Hollowing it in Mesh Mixer so hopefully it takes a lot less time and Filament to print.

Still looking for Either a high quality Model for the Balor Helmet for sale or a low poly version that I can edit until it's print worthy.

So far I'm about 60% through the Celox Helmet, hopefully the rest will be printed out by the end of the week. I'm at a point where I can sand, prime and paint this section of the helmet without having any seams show up later so thats what I'll be doing for the next day or so.

IMG20230419033213.jpg
IMG20230418172203.jpg

Attachments

• G) Mark VI Scarred.png
    G) Mark VI Scarred.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 40
  • F) 4 Enforcer.png
    F) 4 Enforcer.png
    381.6 KB · Views: 43
This thread is more than 12 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back