Halo: CE/Anniversary Hybrid Mark V 3D Print

Wayward Flood

The time has come to start printing my armor and begin the sanding. I edited MoeSizzlac's Halo Anniversary model to have some features that are more faithful to the original game. I moved the shoulder plates, made the chest more curvy like and detached the belly armor. I intend to get that metallic shiny green color seen below. So far I plan to sand, prime, spray paint, and seal. The tutorials found on this forum and the help I have received on discord makes all the crazy crap I intend to do with this armor possible for my 1st suit.
1609715158512.png
1609715231267.png
1609715264225.png

My first round of features to the suit will include:

Fans, helmet and chest

Quad helmet lights

Voice amplifier (might go with something else)

A 20,000 mah power bank with 2 USB ports

Armor piece lights most likely attached to separate batteries near the armor so I don't have wires running everywhere

Low density foam under suit or super structure foam

Strap system using Ashuraa's tutorial with snap on armor pieces using he4thbar's tutorial

Might go with M1A mag pouches for the belt. The mags are the same caliber as the MA5 assault rifle

Magnetic M6D R thigh mount. All hail RandomRanger's YouTube tutorials

2 piece torso that attaches on latches at the top and secures with magnets at the bottom (will be explained better when the chest is printed)

Maybe a camel pack

I am using inland PLA+ to print the armor pieces. I got my first piece done today and it took 32h! This is going to take a while....
The left picture is the tree support I pulled out. TREES RULE!! They're easy to take out and use less time n filament.
1609716403599.png
1609716572548.png

Last edited:

Wayward Flood

I been busy in the last two weeks going through 2kg of filament. I got a Raspberry Pi computer hooked up to my Anycubic Chiron along with a webcam after a very small power outage turned my printer off and nothing else. Now I can reliably restart a print from the point it failed. I can also upload files from my computer onto it through my WiFi local network and monitor my print. No more running back and forth downstairs to get files for the SD card. I also resized the thighs on my armor so I can stand straight and positioned them at the width of the hip piece. Going to need some padding... It's not my fault the Halo CE chief has birthing hips!!
1610816366531.jpeg
1610816930471.png

I printed a small piece for the top buckle latches and it works great. I might make an insert to better stabilize the 2 chest halves joining. You can see in Blender how I intend to separate the chest at the plane. I tested the rare earth cup magnets with 95 LBS holding force recommended in Random Ranger's magnet tutorial. You can see how they hold between 2 PLA+ walls with 15% gyroid infill and 1.2 wall thickness. I'll have to play around with them since they join like stacking pancakes and not that well side to side. By the sides is how I would have to place them at the bottom connecting torso areas.

1610817845119.png
1610817913635.jpeg
1610817969110.jpeg

Naturally the one thing I didn't double check in armor smith was the length of my forearms. I printed 2 of them before realizing they were 2 inches too short. The elbow guards didn't line up at all. Another filament role later and I printed them correctly.
1610818377792.jpeg
1610818456137.png

Angus314

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S314
I'm really excited to see how your magnets hold up the printed parts! Keep it going Wayward! Oh! also, what visor are you using?

Wayward Flood

Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!
I had my nozzle jam twice now trying to do this part of the print. I repositioned it the 2nd time. There is no way to lie this part of the back torso flat so Cura makes a tangle of tree supports on that bottom red area. This keeps causing a jam with my printer because I assume it eventually misses a suport structure and builds up filiment on the nozzle clogging it. I'm going to have to slice this so it can build on flat cut 90 degree edges. Before that though I'm going to convert my Anycubic Chiron to a direct feed extruder because I'm bloody tired of taking it apart, clearing the clog, putting in a new nozzle, trying to cut the bowden tube exactly right, giving up on that crap, BUYING and putting in a new tube from that pack, putting it all back together, then manually leveling it through 10 passes!!!!! I figured now is a good time to finally do this....
1612044714186.png
gahhh.jpg

Here's my current printed stuff with the top front half of the chest piece with its supports still attached. I was going to model the magnet holders after the back top section of the torso was finished but now the direct feed extruder is my next goal.
20210127_165003 (2).jpg

Wayward Flood

What gloves are you using for your wrist armor mounting? They look like they'll match up really well with the build!
They are MadGrip Pro Palm Thunderdome Gloves. I2aMpAnT mentioned them in a post and I had to get them for this project.
That visor is sick, Where did you get it from? I want to look into getting one myself
It's a visor from BranfurhStudios. Figured it was better to buy then mess with vacuum forming and chemicals for the tint.