Halo Cg Fanfilm Wip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do realize that "the pillar of autumn" is a halceyon class cruiser not "marathon class" after having sad that AWESOME, that is very accurate to the marathon class.

Certainly I realize that (psst, check the first page again). Creative decision on my part. I understand that there's an explination in the lore for why an outdated vessel was recomissioned and reoutfitted with more advanced equipment, but I decided that the marathon class cruiser looked more cinematic and cooler than the halcyon class, so I decided to go with it instead. Similarly, when I finally get around to designing the Chief for this project, his armor will lean closer to the Mark VI rather than the mark V, even though I'm dealing with the events of Halo: CE.
That will probably be the case for a number of things on this project. When I finally get to it, don't be surprised if I put up a few polls asking whether I should have Elites using the carbine or the needler rifle.

When you get close to finishing I will gladly lend my voice to this project

I do a lot of music composition for school which involves recording so I have some fairly decent home recording equipment.

That is so far away I don't even want to think about it right now. If, and this is a big if, I ever do get to there, I'll probably have room for plenty of people here who want their voice in it. I've no one in mind for any character right now, but there's no shortage whatsoever of background characters. Don't get excited though, that's months and months away...if not years.

Are you planning on unfolding this into pepakura?

No, or at least not this particular piece. Maybe when I do another character if I wind up radically redesigning the armor and there's enough demand for it I'll post my geometry up for someone to unfold, but I really don't think this piece is worth it. I don't think there's any piece on my marine armor that couldn't be replicated with just a few modifications on the 3d resources that are already out there. The thigh guard could be a little tricky, but doable.

Not really an update so much as a problem fix for myself, but I just wanted to share it with you guys. So like I said, this is going to be my personal vision for the Halo universe, and regardless of the timeline, if it's the weapon/vehicle/armor varient I want, it's what's going to be in it.

Well, one of the problems I've been running into with my re-visioning is the old trust MA5C assault rifle. It's probably the most iconic weapon in the Halo universe...and also one of the most poorly thought out weapons Bungie ever made. I was excited when I found out they were radically reinventing the assault rifle, but what we wound up with is, i think, even worse. Iconic or not, the MA5C has one single design flaw that makes it completely useless as a military weapon.
(remember, what you're about to see are just rough sketches)

Imagine you're a UNSC marine on Halo. Your by a river with trees ruffling around you, a nav point in the distance. Suddenly, without warning, an ELITE ULTRA jumps out in front and charges you. Quickly, after soiling yourself, you raise your trusty rifle and take aim just as you were trained to...............

concept1stupid.jpg

......and then fire blindly....consoled by the fact that you at least know how much ammo you might be wasting....

Serious design oversight. So bad that I was seriously considering pulling a Halo 2, dropping it all together, and sticking with the battle rifle. While Bungie's attempt for Reach wasn't what I had in mind, I do think the assault rifle needs a visual overhaul, which I'll be doing at some point in the future. However, no matter how much I tried I couldn't see how to get a viable set of ironsights on the basic silhouette of the assault rifle. I'd about given up when, while playing call of duty, inspiration hit me. It's so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it before (nor can I figure out why Bungie hasn't done it yet):

Concept2smart.jpg

Problem solved. :cool

Not really an update so much as a problem fix for myself, but I just wanted to share it with you guys. So like I said, this is going to be my personal vision for the Halo universe, and regardless of the timeline, if it's the weapon/vehicle/armor varient I want, it's what's going to be in it.

Well, one of the problems I've been running into with my re-visioning is the old trust MA5C assault rifle. It's probably the most iconic weapon in the Halo universe...and also one of the most poorly thought out weapons Bungie ever made. I was excited when I found out they were radically reinventing the assault rifle, but what we wound up with is, i think, even worse. Iconic or not, the MA5C has one single design flaw that makes it completely useless as a military weapon.
(remember, what you're about to see are just rough sketches)

Imagine you're a UNSC marine on Halo. Your by a river with trees ruffling around you, a nav point in the distance. Suddenly, without warning, an ELITE ULTRA jumps out in front and charges you. Quickly, after soiling yourself, you raise your trusty rifle and take aim just as you were trained to...............

concept1stupid.jpg

......and then fire blindly....consoled by the fact that you at least know how much ammo you might be wasting....

Serious design oversight. So bad that I was seriously considering pulling a Halo 2, dropping it all together, and sticking with the battle rifle. While Bungie's attempt for Reach wasn't what I had in mind, I do think the assault rifle needs a visual overhaul, which I'll be doing at some point in the future. However, no matter how much I tried I couldn't see how to get a viable set of ironsights on the basic silhouette of the assault rifle. I'd about given up when, while playing call of duty, inspiration hit me. It's so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it before (nor can I figure out why Bungie hasn't done it yet):

Concept2smart.jpg

Problem solved. :cool

DUDE! that is frickin' sweet! I had a similar problem in my movie (spartans don't have helmets half the movie so no HUD to link to) so i designed this...
M25B.jpg

Replaced most of the upper rib with a carry handle and added a 3x scope :) firemodes: Single shot, 3-shot burst, Full Auto. All are standard, results may vary...

Sepharih: you have made something that I was planing to make as a mA5 variant and made it awesome!

037: perhaps it could be a electronic sight rail system with ammo counter like the modern G36K but! We all know the 36K doesn't have an ammo counter...solution.............a sight picture similar to sepharih's sight.

037: perhaps it could be a electronic sight rail system with ammo counter like the modern G36K but! We all know the 36K doesn't have an ammo counter...solution.............a sight picture similar to sepharih's sight.

Well it's basically like a BR55 (halo 2) and an MA5B had an awesome baby lol
it still has an ammo counter, 44 round mag, and a 3X scope :)

real quick update. I saw the pre-order armor perm bonus that Gamestop was doing for reach and thought "hey...that actually looks like a good replacement for the abs armor I was trying to think of". So I modled it up (with a small tweak), and through my textures on it. Still needs a bit of work, but I like it.

stomachplate.jpg

real quick update. I saw the pre-order armor perm bonus that Gamestop was doing for reach and thought "hey...that actually looks like a good replacement for the abs armor I was trying to think of". So I modled it up (with a small tweak), and through my textures on it. Still needs a bit of work, but I like it.

stomachplate.jpg
looking really good sepharih! man i'm jealous lol

Sep, you mind if I use some of these screens as custom references for my Spartan and AWST armor suits and armor pieces?

all this = win

i don't know why all the fan film people don't team up?? i mean op chasity has the stuff you have the cgi stuff and im sure the others can add some man power/extra stuff

it would be win... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back