Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
If you haven't seen this gift to the Halo Community yet, please watch it and enjoy the goofiest take on Halo CE that I've seen in... ever.

The tomfoolery is inspiring, so much so that I sat down and started modelling the most adorable thing ever over the course of two hours while chatting with the Discord Gang. Is this my first prop from Halo CE? Yes. Is it cursed? Most certainly. その可愛いですね? You decide.
unknown.png
unknown (1).png
image.png

The plan is simple, the pink parts of the model will be 3D printed in a semi-transparent material and then addressable LEDs will be mounted behind them to give a nice cute glow. Everything in the steel colour will be printed in an eSun PLA+ of some variety. Inside the top hinged cover will be a grating to let smoke from a vaporizer build up and be released when "venting excess love" from an overcharged shot. The hinge will be opened via a trigger mechanism and there will be a switch to control the vaporizer and air pump. All electronic components will be within the 3V-5V DC range so they can be powered off a small USB power bank tucked away in the lower section of the plasma pistol.

Now my goal is to track down some electronics to jam into the confined space of the pistol interior. The planned bits and bobs are below.
  • Kangertech T2 eGo Clearomizer
  • 3V Micro Aquarium Pump
  • WS2812 LED Strip (Neopixel equivalent)
  • Adafruit Pro Trinket
  • 7-11's finest 2200mAh USB power bank
  • Switches
Thank you for joining me on this cursed journey.

Thank you to ZettaiKagerou for being a memelord and helping me be inspired to bash this out in one sitting.

I regret following the link...
Whatever do you mean? This whole thread is cursed, you got what it said on the label :p

What is this majesty of a video I have just witnessed and where can I get one of any those Warthogs ?

I'm looking foreword to seeing this build, the model looks great so far.
The air pumps I've ordered are set for an end of the month delivery so I have plenty of time to refine the model and work on some other things.

Remember how I said "work on other things"? An Amazon order for ink cartridges came in for the large format photo printer that we stumbled into acquiring. This was supposed to be the first project of the Cursed Objects.

Here is the actual first ever Halo CE prop I've worked on, the Type-25 Directed Energy Rifle but cursed into the bitcrushed plasma rifle.
output-onlinepngtools.png

This prop is hilariously easy. Print it out on 13"x19" paper, slap it down on some sintra or similar rigid material, cut it out on the scroll saw, bit of a wire run for LEDs, a battery holder on the handle and Bob's your uncle.

Remember to use the right settings on your printer. The glossy paper likes different ink settings than matte as I accidentally discovered on the test print. I managed to fiddle around a bit and find settings for the brand of photo paper that I had and it was as easy as that.
DSC_6724.jpg
DSC_6726.JPG

Printing props has never been so easy.
80106045_575093409891820_5339439824115859456_n.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to the plastics store for a good thickness material and I'll update this post with links afterwards.

We're back with more cursed toys. Once I'm done printing out ODST parts for Rinzlerr this bad boy is hitting the print bed and hopefully landing on a side that has few adverse effects.

image.png

image(1).png
image (2).png

The model used in the mod isn't a balanced d20 (the opposite sides don't add up to 21) so I fixed that with this model because of tabletop gamer rules lawering tendencies. Yes, I do plan on bringing this out with me to game nights for when I want to make important rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back