Halo Fan Film - Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive already seen the first part but i havenet seen most of that trailer and i have to say i am faily impressed.

now onto progress......not much latrly due to the halo reach beta XD(i love it) but i do have my chestplate finished being pepped. my actors havent started though, saying they would after the beta and one just using a "no cardstock" excuse. but i will have another two week window before my familly moves out of our rental house

P.S. will buzzbee assault rifles be ok, they will save me time and i already have one

guilty said:
ive already seen the first part but i havenet seen most of that trailer and i have to say i am faily impressed.

now onto progress......not much latrly due to the halo reach beta XD(i love it) but i do have my chestplate finished being pepped. my actors havent started though, saying they would after the beta and one just using a "no cardstock" excuse. but i will have another two week window before my familly moves out of our rental house

P.S. will buzzbee assault rifles be ok, they will save me time and i already have one

Ok,don't worry about the time. We are probably going to start filming in june/july.

As soon as you can,send me the photos,thanks.

Ok...Here is another concept: The New Arby!!!

Yes,I wanted to make him look more...BAD,so I drew this.

Please, let me know your opinion about this new style.

Thanks!

Arby___By_Capestranus_by_DragonFiry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks awsome, it also kinda looks like a dress uniform(as in a uniform worn at special occasions and not for battle) of the halo wars arbiter.

P.S. i love the addition of the cape

ehehe...the cape is mere POWER!..And I love the HW Arbiter design.

There is a scene in the movie where you can actually see Ripa Moramee(his father).

If we were able to contact David Sobolov,it would be awesome if he accepted to say some sentences for us.

...but I don't think it's going to happen.(sad face)

Anyways,Now I'm currently working on another concept,and I may re-edit this post in a few hours.

Holy crap man that Arbiter drawing is damn impressive! Wish you the best of luck with your film! By the way, what program are you using for the CGI? The Covenant models are looking sick

I work on real films and for what you want, its unrealistic with no budget unless people were dedicated enough to fly out to you and everything for free. Its almost absolutely essential to have some type of budget for this type of project. Also for the CGI, keep polishing it until it cant get any better. Same goes for sound effects and music. Music is half of any good movie, so make sure thats great. Sorry if I come off as an ass but I'm just being realistic and trying to help.

This looks so Amazingly cool. This is something iv'e always wanted to see/ help with. I loved the trailer. Your sfx is Amazing. Honestly i think your armor could use jusst a bit of Resininging, bondoing and such, but other than that i think this rocks!! My ethusiasm for halo fan film/armor making is 100 times stronger now. I would love to help any way i can. Where are you located?

old school dude said:
I work on real films and for what you want, its unrealistic with no budget unless people were dedicated enough to fly out to you and everything for free.

im in the movie and i am doing it for free, and some of the people helping doent have to fly out(like me and my friends), for an example, my group is going to film our part here and send it to Capestranus for final editing and voice overs

Capes got some serious compositing skills under his belt. And for being self taught at his age that says a lot.

These guys may not be in the "big budget" film business, but they are very talented and have a goal. I am very excited to see what this group can do.

You don't have to be in the same vicinity to take on a film or audio project. For example the tv show Lost shoots in several locations simultaneously and the footage gets mailed and edited together. And the music group The Postal Service got it's start by having it's members record their parts of songs and mail them to a single location... (according to my girlfriend, I didn't know that!)

Finish the fight and good luck guys!

old school dude said:
I work on real films and for what you want, its unrealistic with no budget unless people were dedicated enough to fly out to you and everything for free. Its almost absolutely essential to have some type of budget for this type of project.

well,I can't compare my project with the "real films".

First,I'm just an 18 years old guy,who goes to school,has a very busy life and loves Halo.

I've never had the chance(sadly) to meet anyone of the movie industries,specially because I live in a country(Italy),where movies are just rubbish commissioned by politicians(or friends of them); I ve never had the chance to attend a CGI course,or just a film school: all I know was learnt watching movies,old and new ones.

I know that,for example,to make a facial prosthetic,they need a lot of money.Same with CGI.

I can't do it,but I can emulate their work.

I love making movies,and I do my best with anything I can get,from paper and glue to an old PC.

Personally, I don't like the idea of asking people for money to help me and my movie:I just need the love of other fans like me. They love Halo,and they want a movie.

If Peter Jackson or Spielberg were interested in giving me money to make this movie,I would fall unconscious in submission and worship. But it's not going to happen, so ,we have to work with what we have.

But I will not ask anyone for money.

Maybe,we won't finish it before Operation Chastity is out,maybe(surely),our movie will look bad compared to Pete's work,but I ,and the other guys who took part to this project will say: I did it.

old school dude said:
Also for the CGI, keep polishing it until it cant get any better. Same goes for sound effects and music. Music is half of any good movie, so make sure thats great. Sorry if I come off as an ass but I'm just being realistic and trying to help.

As soon as I get a new PC (soon) ,the CGI quality will get better.

Same with music and sound effects.

I know that making a SCI-FI movie without a huge budget is difficult, but it's not impossible.

And the power of the many fans will help.

However,I you have any interesting idea or suggestion to help us in our work,it would be awesome,specially because you work on real movies.

Hugh Stephen Holder III said:
Capes got some serious compositing skills under his belt. And for being self taught at his age that says a lot.

These guys may not be in the "big budget" film business, but they are very talented and have a goal. I am very excited to see what this group can do.

You don't have to be in the same vicinity to take on a film or audio project. For example the tv show Lost shoots in several locations simultaneously and the footage gets mailed and edited together. And the music group The Postal Service got it's start by having it's members record their parts of songs and mail them to a single location... (according to my girlfriend, I didn't know that!)

Finish the fight and good luck guys!

You can't imagine how much encouraging are your words to me. :)

I will do my best to make it nice!Better than now.

And thanks for your nice words and your support!They are always welcome.

Capestranus said:
However,I you have any interesting idea or suggestion to help us in our work,it would be awesome,specially because you work on real movies.

Well at one point I was in contact with a music composer who did great original music for machinimas, it sounded great and was really cheap. I could search for him again unless you already have music.

i started a cardboared assault rifle and really impressed myself with the result, i will uload pics after paper mache and paint

edit: Big Update, during the long weekend i finished doing my paper mache and have painted my assault rifle. i was fairly dissapointed in how the paper mache ruined some the details and made it less smooth but i am still pretty happy with it, also, in my spare time i took my first attempt at layering in a magnum that can become any of the halo pistols , it has a removsble clip and a sliding slide, i also have a laser sight attachment, for th halo 3, Ce, and reach magnums, and i am about to make the silencer for the odst magnum. so during the film i can modify my pistol for silence or power

guilty said:
i started a cardboared assault rifle and really impressed myself with the result, i will uload pics after paper mache and paint

edit: Big Update, during the long weekend i finished doing my paper mache and have painted my assault rifle. i was fairly dissapointed in how the paper mache ruined some the details and made it less smooth but i am still pretty happy with it, also, in my spare time i took my first attempt at layering in a magnum that can become any of the halo pistols , it has a removsble clip and a sliding slide, i also have a laser sight attachment, for th halo 3, Ce, and reach magnums, and i am about to make the silencer for the odst magnum. so during the film i can modify my pistol for silence or power

Good...Goood...

Here my brother just started the ODST pepakura helmet.

I'm working on the "Thor"crew suit design and on some environment props like the Forerunner ship command deck.

I'll build the cardboard model and the 3D one.

Another thing I'm working on is a hall where prophet of Truth talks with the Arbiter,inside High Charity,but it's not coming out nicely....it looks FAKE! Lower than a videogame standard...But I don't know what to do.

Shall I upload a picture to know your opinion about it? Maybe you cold suggest me a solution.

Thanks!

Capestranus said:
ah...little update: since some of you liked the new monitor design,here you can find a full image of 195"Silent Echo" + a short part of its backstory.

Enjoy.

195 Silent Echo - the Guardian

wait, you designed that version of the monitor and made it? If you did, that looks amazing. it also looks way more dangerous/ evil than bungie's

What program are you using to do the CG? If its something I can use on my computer, I'll help ya out if you need any more animators. Or if you need any voice actors, I'll help. heres an old voice acting sample from 2 years ago when I did machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back