Halo ID Card w/ Military ID card influence. (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone.
MissingSpartan7, Awesweet, Thank you, yes of course you can, here use this file UNSC_ID_Sliced_v4
In tis new file I also add these
UNSC_ID_v4c_sliced.jpg

UNSC_ID_v4d_sliced.jpg

I just want to say again that this thread is open to everyone to post pics of there cards, I would love to see what everyone is doing.

Chris

Edit: update to post one as well

Some days you come across something that you just have to drop everything and try... Today is gonna be one of those days...

Them Oreos. They be everywhere....

Rofl!!! Finaly you noticed, I was starting to wonder when someone would notice those.

Some days you come across something that you just have to drop everything and try... Today is gonna be one of those days...

haha, Glad you like it. Its that day for me since I posted this, I started my third one this morning but ef'ed it up and then my computer started going haywire, something about it restarting every minute after it turned on... long story short, called my brother up and he help me get it fixed as of a few minutes ago...

Chris

Lol, took me an hour to realise the easiest way to edit the pic was in paint after reading your first post. Turned out excellent, great template and work. :)

Thanks for the tutorial and the template, also something I did that others might want to try is cut a small length of card stock that's the width of the card and glue it around the outside. I think it gives it more of a solid look. I cut the paper the width of the sheet of card stock and it almost fit all the way around the edge.
ctxgs.png

Thank you so much CJ, this means alot seeing my first project hosted for all to use and enjoy.

Thank you Animagmus, Im glad you were able to personalize your card. Which one did you make?

CtrlxAltxDel thats a great idea, I'll have to give it a try on my next card.

Chris

I used the v4d printed directly onto cardstock. Did something similar to CtrlxAltxDel with the edging but i used some putty etc to make it look like it had metal edging. I get the feeling that there will be a huge variety of these eventually lol.

These look super awesome, a great way to further customise armors and cosplays. but just wondering, i have an idea that might improve the life of these. i'll try and make one before school goes back...

It'll look good i promise :D

This is my version - I went for a more realistic approach and modeled the card off of my own real world ID card. I'm still going to use the 110lb cardstock, but I don't think I will make mine as thick as the rest of you are - since I want it to be able to fit in a card reader.

Thanks for the inspiration!

The barcode and QR square are real and can be scanned - the "magnetic strip" and "data chip" are not.

QR reads:
United Nations Space Command
Lieutenant Grade 3 White, Zachary H
CIN: 02542-019ZW1987
Marine Corps SPECWARCOM
Alpha Onyx Clearance

Since my character is an ODST this made sense. (Going off of the Halo Wiki Organizational Structure)

I followed the guide for creating a CIN - the rest of the numbers are loosely based off the real deal CAC. Feel free to use my model if y'all want - it requires just a small bit of editing to the original file - nothing major.

Zach_ID_version1.jpg

Affiliation should read:
UNSCDF

United Nations Space Command Defense Force

My ID card just says "Uniformed Services" under Affiliation

Everything on that front panel is taken directly from the real deal.

I might edit the top panel on the far right where I put "United Nations Space Command Government" (it says "United States Government" on the real one) and make it read "United Nations Space Command Defense Force" - probably would make more sense.

United Nations Space Command Government doesn't sound right now that I'm looking at it.

Made my ID Card today, looks a bit rough from the glue I used because it was fast setting (didn't know that until I used it) I am currently bragging to my siblings about it and they all want one, but I'm not going to tell them where I found it because I am the ranking officer in the house as I put Admiral on the QR and the Rank section on the card, great work guys, am hoping to make another one to replace my current one (it is already falling apart, even WITH the superglue)

I've made the shell into a 3D printable piece. If you have a 3D printer then you don't have to do so many layers. Pluuuussss, it'll be a little stiffer and waterproof (other than glued paper).

3D file can be found here.

These are amazing

Please like my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matts-builds/615110641866644
And please subscribe to my youtube channel at http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCL8Z6zei_ZjcBrzsAxv3Gkw

Very cool idea! You might be surprised about how easy it is to "fix" the little eccentricities in it and make it look like a fabricated object.

Steam works wonders for flattening things, you'll find, depending on what kind of adhesive you used. An iron might help a lot, if you're careful not to let it remove the ink from the cardstock.
Once it's done, lightly sand it on a hard surface to make your corners look nice and solid.
After everything is finished, try coating it in carpenter's sanding sealer and then sanding it back down. If you do several coats of this, you'll have a rock-hard papercraft sliced model that feels like some kind of extruded, manufactured composite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back