Pepakura Halo infinite foam template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleyhalocospl

Hey everyone,

Not posted before. Been doing Halo cosplay about 3 years.

Just wondering if anyone is working on, or have done any of the infinite armour templates in Pepakura? I've managed to find a Helmet template and I'm working the rest out, but it's a slow process and I'm not able to make my own templates as of yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**I should mention, I work for Game (the UK based video game retailer) and I've been asked to do an appearance as chief on launch day, in the infinite armour. This being the reason I'm asking for your help**

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_133907.jpg
    IMG_20200206_133907.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6,589
  • IMG_20190623_173740_106.jpg
    IMG_20190623_173740_106.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_20190703_124101_474.jpg
    IMG_20190703_124101_474.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,339
Last edited:
That's awesome! You'll be the life of the launch party.
Unfortunately it might be hard to get your hands on the pep files at this stage. I think your best bet might be to make a model or ask a creator of a Infinite MC model for the 3D file, then extract that in Pepakura yourself. Or maybe someone else is willing to. One problem however is these won't be official models and might be slightly different (such as with proportions) and even the design of the model can change during development.
Otherwise you can do it the hard way: drawing templates by hand.
Do you have an estimate of the release date?
Good luck!

That's awesome! You'll be the life of the launch party.
Unfortunately it might be hard to get your hands on the pep files at this stage. I think your best bet might be to make a model or ask a creator of a Infinite MC model for the 3D file, then extract that in Pepakura yourself. Or maybe someone else is willing to. One problem however is these won't be official models and might be slightly different (such as with proportions) and even the design of the model can change during development.
Otherwise you can do it the hard way: drawing templates by hand.
Do you have an estimate of the release date?
Good luck!

Thanks mate.

We're thinking it will be November, but we're waiting for E3. The bosses are pretty confident that Microsoft will give a more specific release date.
I still haven't been able to buy Pepakura, so I'm stuck using the free version, so hoping someone can do it for me. I'm sure I'll be able to buy it at some point. But I'm hoping to get the armour done as soon as I can, so it's ready

It won’t be 100% accurate but many of the pieces of the infinite armor are heavily inspired if not identical to pieces of other suits. The biceps and shoulders are very similar to the Package Halo Legends suit, arms legs and chest all pull heavily from the classic Mark VI suit. Between all the resources in the armory you should be able to piece something fairly accurate together.

It won’t be 100% accurate but many of the pieces of the infinite armor are heavily inspired if not identical to pieces of other suits. The biceps and shoulders are very similar to the Package Halo Legends suit, arms legs and chest all pull heavily from the classic Mark VI suit. Between all the resources in the armory you should be able to piece something fairly accurate together.

Thanks yeah, I'm aware of all the pieces and inspirations. Its probably mainly the chest piece I'd really want, cas the rest can, like you say, be put together from other gens of the MK5/6 veriations but the chest, though inspired by the legends/forward into Dawn armour as well as the halo 2/3, is very much it's own thing!
I'll need to be as accurate as possible seen as it'll be for the launch. But yeah, as I say in my original post I'm working out the rest, very much in the way you're suggesting. Thanks a lot for tips

Hey everyone,

Not posted before. Been doing Halo cosplay about 3 years.

Just wondering if anyone is working on, or have done any of the infinite armour templates in Pepakura? I've managed to find a Helmet template and I'm working the rest out, but it's a slow process and I'm not able to make my own templates as of yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**I should mention, I work for Game (the UK based video game retailer) and I've been asked to do an appearance as chief on launch day, in the infinite armour. This being the reason I'm asking for your help**
i found the helmet in foam set up at this address Halo Infinite Master Chief Helmet Cosplay Foam Pepakura File Template go check it out it might be just what you are looking for...

Attachments

• received_217495809365319.jpeg
    received_217495809365319.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 578
Hey don't know if your any good with computers but on Twitter somebody posted a 3D model you can download called unfortnite Master Chief I'm sure if you look it up you'll find it it's a full 3d model you can download of the Halo infinite armor

Hey don't know if your any good with computers but on Twitter somebody posted a 3D model you can download called unfortnite Master Chief I'm sure if you look it up you'll find it it's a full 3d model you can download of the Halo infinite armor
I got sorted in the end. But thank you for the heads up!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1605534775871.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605534775871.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 548
  • FB_IMG_1605534769163.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605534769163.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 820
  • FB_IMG_1605534793655.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605534793655.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 819
I've actually submitted the whole collection that I and guy from here collected and arranged for foam building. So I'm not sure what the next step is. But hopefully there will be a Halo: infinite section, in the armoury soon?

I've actually submitted the whole collection that I and guy from here collected and arranged for foam building. So I'm not sure what the next step is. But hopefully there will be a Halo: infinite section, in the armoury soon?
Submitted where? I'm beginning to make my own armour out of strene and could use the templates

I sent moe a message ro see if he got those up in the armory I have not heard anything yet.

I sent moe a message ro see if he got those up in the armory I have not heard anything yet.
Ok? Well like I say, submitted the whole collection to the armoury last week. I don't know how this site works. But I'm guessing the people that run it will have to actually create a new category in the armoury, for it. That might take a while, or they maybe haven't even seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back