Halo Infinite GEN III Master Chief MK VI/ VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s an update on the torso. I’m pretty happy how it’s turning out. Just used my halo 4 Chief helmet for reference. I like how halo 4/5 helmet is bulky and all but once in the infinite suit it just looks small imo lmao. So far I’m having troubles with the arms, I’m trying to model the forearms and it’s quite tricky, the bicep armor I’ll have to redo (cuz of the inaccurate shape)but so far the scale is good.
26F20FC7-F191-4623-9E54-287D84D89338.jpeg

Attachments

• B5B3B15B-A427-4B6F-8703-151C062F19CA.jpeg
    B5B3B15B-A427-4B6F-8703-151C062F19CA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 451
  • BF90DAB8-D999-49E3-86AF-9454AB207844.jpeg
    BF90DAB8-D999-49E3-86AF-9454AB207844.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 463
  • 90B0EB8B-3915-4157-B3B4-24EAEAF5FAA6.jpeg
    90B0EB8B-3915-4157-B3B4-24EAEAF5FAA6.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 473
  • E2A2C798-FF53-483B-A874-DF98DBC4DF62.jpeg
    E2A2C798-FF53-483B-A874-DF98DBC4DF62.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 456
  • 181A9789-38AA-44D4-95B4-469DD463AE80.png
    181A9789-38AA-44D4-95B4-469DD463AE80.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 444
Looks great so far! Out of curiosity, do you plan on making the back thrusters rotate in and out like in the cover art for the new shadows of reach book?

You can follow me @keanu_rayves in instagram. I only post my progress as stories but you can always look at it in my highlights if you’d like to comeback to it.
Oh hey I follow you, just made the connection today when I was looking at your story lol.

Looks great so far! Out of curiosity, do you plan on making the back thrusters rotate in and out like in the cover art for the new shadows of reach book?

Originally I was, but I would need to make an inner frame inside the chest and back armor for that to happen and I might just do that mechanism on a different build since I don’t want to risk damaging this work. But I’ll certainly try to make the articulating shoulder pad for this build!

As ridiculous as it sounds, I still look forward to remaking this suit once the game comes out, by then I’ll be making a more accurate version when the models are available.

Looks good, mate! Wish I was that skilled when it comes to trying to get the exact shape sizes from just reference pics, looks extremely accurate thus far. Have to wait & see when Infinite comes out & compare your measurements with a rip 3D file asset out of curiosity.

Looks good, mate! Wish I was that skilled when it comes to trying to get the exact shape sizes from just reference pics, looks extremely accurate thus far. Have to wait & see when Infinite comes out & compare your measurements with a rip 3D file asset out of curiosity.
Thanks man I appreciate the thoughts! Really am trying my best to get the overall proportion and shape of this suit as accurate as I can, on a side note I will definitely do a comparison of this suit to the actual 3d file when available so stay tuned!

Here’s a little comparison of the legs. So far almost all the legs are fiberglassed but I decided not to wear the other side for now. Looking forward to posting the arms next week as I’ll be redoing the biceps and shoulders. Also I’m running low on resin so progress will slow down due to the quarantine.
11921054-06B4-40C8-9470-C01D1C5F4B14.jpeg

Just showing one side but I’ve built both shoulders and biceps. I’ll remake the shoulder pads with the indentations on it (currently it’s flat) but I’ll have to wait for that until I can get more resin. I also sketched out roughly how the forearms will look. So far all I need to build are the forearms, cod piece, helmet, and details and I’m pretty much done with everything!
9C487117-09BC-44FA-930F-F08B51657D48.jpeg

So the interesting thing I noticed in the cover art is that chief’s armor articulates!!! Specifically in the shoulder area, you’ll notice the shoulder part of the torso (same part I’m pointing at) rotates in unison with the wearer’s shoulders. Furthermore, the shoulder pad itself seems to move independently from the bicep armor. Id definitely want to achieve that type of movement in my build.

here is a fast sketch of how i plan on doing mine this will also make the chief look like a tank too.

Attachments

• shoulder stuff.jpg
    shoulder stuff.jpg
    941 KB · Views: 372
Just a little update on my thread for my infinite Chief build. Aiming to at least have a full suit up this July.

DA4A98C5-6644-44A8-9B5C-42180531259A.jpeg

Both shins have been padded on the inside and almost complete with sealing the back. I’ve also trimmed the side fins to the right size and the knees will eventually be permanently attached to the shin. I’ll also add thin foam for the details on the entire armor.

Here’s some more shots of the legs. Both are ready but I’ll be only showing one side for now. I’ve already made the details out of foam for the thighs, I’ve just marked lines on the piece itself as a guide. The shins will be held with a hinged knee pad and I will also somehow connect it to the boots. I’ll be using some foam for the undersuit and that should also help thicken out my ankle hahaha.
AA71009B-0F51-44F6-BCD0-27A91340B49E.jpeg
So here’s what I have for the upper body so far. The back piece and other bicep/ shoulder are just off screen rn. The chest armor will sit 1.5-2 inches higher on my shoulder once I get the padding done. I’ll also redo the shoulders for a more detailed one.

Overall, I think it’s going well. It is lacking a bit of detail and hopefully I’ll be able to at least add just the “necessary” ones. I might just do a quick bondo work on the some parts since I have a bit of a deadline on completing this build. I’ll just take my time when the official model for chief finally releases .

Other than that, I’m debating if I should paint this armor darker or the same color as he is seen in Infinite. I personally love light green color and have no problem with Chief staying that way. It’s just a bit more cost effective if I use paint that I already have hehe. Lemme what you guys think! Also I’m just so hypedd for the reveal!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back