Halo Infinite: Master Chief Armor/Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the armor goes, I love it thus far. Obviously it has major elements from Halo Legends and Forward Unto Dawn, along with Halo 3 and such. I also totally agree that this is pretty much the Beta version of what it might look like at launch day, so it will probably be through several revisions before the final product is released. So there’s plenty of time to add that good old dirt and grime to the armor

There’s a theory going around that the Pelican pilot is the pilot from the Kilo 5 trilogy novels. Can anyone confirm or deny that theory?

And as far as the future goes, I’m thoroughly excited for any kind of media, via books, movies, or other types of media, that will bridge the gap between H5 and Infinite

As far as the armor goes, I love it thus far. Obviously it has major elements from Halo Legends and Forward Unto Dawn, along with Halo 3 and such. I also totally agree that this is pretty much the Beta version of what it might look like at launch day, so it will probably be through several revisions before the final product is released. So there’s plenty of time to add that good old dirt and grime to the armor

There’s a theory going around that the Pelican pilot is the pilot from the Kilo 5 trilogy novels. Can anyone confirm or deny that theory?

And as far as the future goes, I’m thoroughly excited for any kind of media, via books, movies, or other types of media, that will bridge the gap between H5 and Infinite

Ohhh, that's a cool theory but apparently it was mentioned that the member in kilo-5 is Australian. Pilot in infinite doesn't sound like that haha

Also some news, the trailer we got from e3 is apparently from the actual game. I suppose very minor details can be changed in his armor if they choose to. But overall I'm happy with it, all we need is a good story and multiplayer hahaha.

View attachment 271232
View attachment 271233

Since Reach style customization is coming back, I hope customizing armor would look something like this. Honestly, I have a MAJOR comment coming up. The reason why halo reach and for example omega team look amazing is because even though you can customize them, they still have the same distinct presence of a spartan. Basically everyone has the same base armor with just added components on them, and IMO that makes them so believable. For example in real life such as marines or soldiers in the army, they almost always wear the same thing which gives them the uniform IDENTITY, and what makes them different are for example rolling their sleeves up or wearing pouches on their bodies at different places. But in Halo 4/5 there were many armor sets that looked too different from one another, possibly explaining why people felt it didn't belong in the game, don't get me wrong I do love some suits in halo 4/5, but just mainly the campaign armors of blue team and chief.

So yes, I can't wait to see armor customization. I wouldn't mind seeing different chest armor pieces and all, but I hope they don't stray too far away from the overall design of spartans to give them that uniform/ military look instead of a sci-fi armor tech orgy...
I was gonna mention something very similar. I get what your saying about having a similar base, I really like the "tacked on" attachment look per say? Really gives off a modular look and I really hope this is what they follow for customization.

Also yes, the E3 trailer has been confirmed to be from the game. I believe they said it is actually part of the intro cut-scene.

Meh, i have to say - compared to this - i prefer the halo 4 intro onboard the forward unto dawn. The graphic style was perfect.
This looks too clean. Chief looks like a toy. Sorry for being a mood-killer:cautious: I got used to the new style, guess i have old man syndrome: Can`t take too many changes anymore:confused: The Reveal trailer looked better, maybe because it showed more landscape and nature?
Anyway, i am excited to see the classic forerunner architecture again. I only hope for more Cutscenes from Blur, that`s what i am really waiting for!
But there is some time untill this goes gold, so i don`t worry that much.....

Meh, i have to say - compared to this - i prefer the halo 4 intro onboard the forward unto dawn. The graphic style was perfect.
This looks too clean. Chief looks like a toy. Sorry for being a mood-killer:cautious: I got used to the new style, guess i have old man syndrome: Can`t take too many changes anymore:confused: The Reveal trailer looked better, maybe because it showed more landscape and nature?
Anyway, i am excited to see the classic forerunner architecture again. I only hope for more Cutscenes from Blur, that`s what i am really waiting for!
But there is some time untill this goes gold, so i don`t worry that much.....

Let's assume the paint is a ceramic paint coat.

It's tough, durable, and technically... Even harder than most metals.

Dirt won't do nothin' to it.

You would go through hell to strip the paint off. Even rubbing with sandpaper will be a tough job...

I think I saw a video where a fan sent a guy his rifle stock that was coating in Ceramic Paints and wanted him to repaint it.

He showed how it was impossible.
Low grit sandpaper- nothing
Paint thinners- Nothing
Acetone even- Nothing

However if it was your regular enamel or acrylics paints, it would definitely wear.

I think they're being more realistic. The new paint mixtures we use in the 21st century is bl**dy tough.

They put old enamel and acrylic formulas to shame.

If I was to assume what suit used what paint based off the texture. I'd assume

Halo CE: Mettalic Enamels
Halo 2: Epoxy Metallic
Halo 3: Acrylic
Halo 4 Epoxy flat
Halo 5 Enamels

I'm also pretty sure that the color is the same as the halo 2: anniversary campaign model, and don't recall anyone complaining back then?

I agree to a degree though. Atleast have some form of different shades to reveal tarnished paint or dirt on the suit...

But then again we could be nitpicking. He was just in space. A vacuum. I'm pretty sure being in space would make most small particles fly off your suit... It's not like the dirt is welded to the suit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed explanation gerard2567!
I somehow like the old graphics on the earlier systems. Those clunky textures, hmmm....
Despite (or maybe because of) all the technical possibilities today, creating the right atmosphere is difficult.
It is an early look after all.

Thanks for the detailed explanation gerard2567!
I somehow like the old graphics on the earlier systems. Those clunky textures, hmmm....
Despite (or maybe because of) all the technical possibilities today, creating the right atmosphere is difficult.
It is an early look after all.

Oh there is no doubt I love the early gritty textures aswell. Felt real world to me.

Then I made the mistake of being in a job that repairs hydraulics.

How that affected my OCD

The character model might change over the course of the game as well. In Halo:CE when Cheif steps out of the Cryo Tube his armor is pretty pristine green, but if you look closely over the course of the game in cutscenes he does pick up black marks, shades of green, and other weathering.

Without knowing exactly what led to Chief just floating in space I will give them a pass on the lack of weathering on the suit for now. For all we know he had just completed a re-fit and was on his way somewhere when his ship got abushed and destroyed, and he'll get dirty as the game goes on.

Armor looks amazing! I’m agreeing with others, armor looks a little to clean and bright. Even if this material is super hard to damage with what chief does I would have expected to see some wear and tear, even if it’s only a little scratch.
I also love the pilot. If 343 rights every character like this, the game will have so much life to it. I enjoyed watching how they showed us timing passing in the trailer instead of telling us. They also made the characters more human with emotions, flaws, etc. I really hope this pilot plays a big role for us in infinite, like a guide relaying info to chief.

I think the lighting is what gives off the "toyish" look. I can see it when he is in the dark with the flash light on him, but he looks fine when you watch from behind and he is looking at the Halo ring. I think it's mainly the lighting. Also the armor does have some wear on the edges. though it is pretty subtle compared to say... Reach.

I really like the new armour, it’s big and heavy like 4/5 but has the classic look of 2/3. Also the undersuit looks awesome, with layers and like it’s actually armour in itself and not just a rubber suit. And the seals around the shoulders make it look like an airtight space suit, and from a making perspective will fill in any gaps between the armour and the undersuit.

I disagree that it looks too new or too bright. In the close up shots when he’s walking past camera into the cockpit you can see plenty of scratches and marks where the silver of the metal comes through. And in the poster image that was release you can see marks on the back, he also looks more sage green than grass green in the poster, so I think it might just be lighting in the trailer. But even then I’m a fan of the grass green (helps that that’s the colour spray paint I have).

All in all, it’s my favourite armour so far and I can’t wait to make it. Due to having a cod piece and less wide shoulders it looks like it’ll be easier to fit and stay in place, and the undersuit looks easier to detail than the hex pattern. And it should be easy to hide straps or buckles. I’m looking forward for the talented people on here to make files, but in the meantime it’s time to start learning 3D modelling to attempt it myself

So someone on reddit edited a screenshot from. the trailer, just to tone down the lighting, and it really brought out the armor. Left is original, right is it in a more acceptable lighting.
14216f1.jpg

PerniciousDuke

Thanks for the link!

I really liked the trailer. As far as the lighting goes comparing the lighter version to the darker version of Master Chiefs armor, I'm kind of torn between the two. Also, did anyone notice that the pilot started off with shorter hair and ended with longer hair and a full grown beard?

PerniciousDuke

Thanks for the link!

I really liked the trailer. As far as the lighting goes comparing the lighter version to the darker version of Master Chiefs armor, I'm kind of torn between the two. Also, did anyone notice that the pilot started off with shorter hair and ended with longer hair and a full grown beard?
That was showing how long he was stranded on the ship. It starts with him looking hopefully at the playing hologram, but when he picks it up he is basically a sad old man that has no hope left of getting back to his family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back