Halo Inspired Real Future Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is wow :shock: Rolling down the canyon looked fun. He flew pretty far too when he got hit by the car, just like Master Chief does sometimes. I wouldn't mind buying one of those suits, he said it could be mass produced for almost 2,000$

Pretty impressive but I doubt the military would ever actually buy it...I picked out a few things that could cause problems just in the short video.

Yeah, that was kinda my take on it too. The military doesn't just hand out defense contracts to guys like this who put something together " in their lab in the backyard' in 1,700 hours. They have their own R&D departments who invented the materials this guy is using. Besides, the army has been working on their own version of this for 'decades'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_powered_exoskeleton

250px-US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

A US Army conceptual mock-up of an exoskeleton equipped soldier.

-Sean

But from a Fans perspective its cool to see someone try to do this on their own.

Well the fans and stuff he showed were way to noisy....as soon as those are turned on a soldier cant hear anything around him...and the small visor would block visual capabilites.

Sean Bradley said:
Yeah, that was kinda my take on it too. The military doesn't just hand out defense contracts to guys like this who put something together " in their lab in the backyard' in 1,700 hours. They have their own R&D departments who invented the materials this guy is using. Besides, the army has been working on their own version of this for 'decades'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_powered_exoskeleton

250px-US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

A US Army conceptual mock-up of an exoskeleton equipped soldier.

-Sean

But from a Fans perspective its cool to see someone try to do this on their own.

The military wont give him a defense contract, but they will buy his suit and use it for ideas. If you think they are not well funded, 70% of the governments money goes to military. Also, the one in his video isn;t the newest one. And, about the visor, If he could drive in it, I think he can see fine. It said he got pulled over and had to establish his vision.

I can see this in the army for a select few special soldiers, but not for 20-30 years. The stuff they are working on isn't actually exoskeleton like halo, its more of to let you carry 200 pounds on your back without a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Idea of MJOLNIR, exoskeletons and his Trojan. I live for that stuff but im just ganna say this casue nobody wants to.

Never happen. In our life time at least, the millitary just dosent care enough for the foot troops. Ya they beat around the bush with saving um but if you can have a few people die to push the enemy back then 2 guys in a plan drop a bomb and wipe out 100's or 1000's. It would be just a waste of money cause its all about whos got the bigger bomb.

But still love Exo's :mrgreen:

Well now a days, such as in Iraq we have only lost just over 3,000 soldiers....which is horrible but when it comes to past wars or battles we lost that many in one day on Iwo Jima and numerous other battles.....the military isnt going to spend any more than it has to on our soldiers but I do believe that they care about their common foot soldier.

Kinda related but the discovery channel is showcasing the new season of future weapons where this ex seal shows all these high tech and dangerous toys

sweet show, and im going with they will have some kind of armor like Mjolnir by 2552 (when halo is based) but they prolly wont use it anytime soon because no one wants foot soldiers

You will never see that suit in the military, but you will see parts of it. The government takes the most usefull and most practical parts of any idea and tries to implement them in the most cost efficient manner. The problem is that congress only really looks at the financial part and most often ignores the practical application. To them, a soldier is worth $400,000.00. Now think about how much it costs to train, feed, cloth, equip, house and pay each soldier per year. Then there is medical and dental (spouse and kids included), fuel to transport them and even entertainment. If all of that is less than 400K, than they can invest in better equipment.(Which they do) As of now, it's cheaper to pay 100% dissability to a soldier with no limbs than to make head-to-toe armor for every single soldier.

Having said that, most soldiers invest their own time and money to find ways to protect themselves. I've seen some pretty cool fabrications that have worked better than anything they are "issued".

Well It looks like they just figured out the "Gel Coat" armor. we're one step closer to being spartans lol awesome vid Sean

i wanna be a spartan. . . . but ill never be one. . . why couldn't i have been kidnapped when i was a child and put into a training program. hahaha.

Its not really liquid, just when applied. I made a topic on this exact thing a while back, its called Under Armor Gel, in the armor discussion. The stuff is called STF, sheer thickening fluid. it gets hard when ballistics are hit against it. The only thing I worry about if you coated your arms in just that, that the bullets would break your bones....

Wanderin, i know eactly what you mean. Why couldnt captain keyes walk into my school and select me... why?

i guess id take a broken arm rather than a gunshot wound. but neither have happended to me and saying that i have a gunshot wound would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back