Halo Knomes [New pictures on pag 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the babychief is better for a next time.. Im going with the grunt..
babygruntallsidessg9.jpg

I will get some foam tomorrow, and get the basic form cut out.

You'll need a base or an impeccible sense of balnce to get him to stand . The grunt is kinda top heavy for a freestanding sculpture. Maybe make him attached to a base or solidly fill in between the legs to make it freestanding.

Hope to see some pics wwhen you get this started!

i already tought of that, the arms will be on the ground resting to give the grunt his balanse

I know it mostly drawings till now, but i haved learn that better have a good plan, then rush into stuff.

falcon NL said:
Well the babychief is better for a next time.. Im going with the grunt..

Score one for me. :hyper:

looking good so far. I always thought that grunts looked a little too much like armored monkeys when in the hands on the ground pose, but I guess it's the best way to keep the m standing without digging up your yard or adding an ugly base :shifty ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finish the basic of the grunt. I first made a basic of wireframe. This way i could see the overall proportion of the model.
Then i added foam on the the frame for the 3D view. The blocks of foam are general the shape of a grunt.

Next on the plan is making the details on the foam. Like the mask, shoulder pads etc. After that going to covering the model in oil based clay and add the real details like skin, hoofs etc.

Im not sure how im going to mold this piece because it needs to be light and easy to move around...heck i dont even know yet what kind of residen im going to use...

Picture will follow tomorrow because its now 4:17 AM in the morning over here, please comment on the plans and pic (when i post them ;-) )

i cant believe no body thought of this, thats going to be funny to see a war of Halo gnomes on some ones front yard.

falcon NL said:
babygnomebx2.jpg

And at request:
babygruntgnomeon8.jpg

And yes...i am a compulsive doodler :mrgreen:

Im thinking at the moment off a RTV Silicon mold (thx Sean). Im want to work with a two-component Polymer for the real cast...

There are some other design with the gnome chief in my head..just need to figure out what the looks good and is relatively easy to produce....

I'm not accusing you of stealing or anything but...

Those look SUSPICIOUSLY alike to the Halobabies.net art. Maybe you guys have the same styles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot, there are only wireframe.
You can see the body, head + mask, backshield,feet.
65036-Grunt003.jpeg

65034-Grunt001.jpeg

65035-Grunt002.jpeg

Edit: Sorry for the big size..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back