Halo Knomes [New pictures on pag 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww u should have one side of the yard with covenant with the arbiter in front with like mini wraith tanks and stuff and on the other side would be unsc soldiers with warthogs and master chief at front so it looks like they are about to battle :mrgreen:

Sean Bradley said:
With concrete you really should just cast the object solid. The material is cheap enough that saving a little bit on your casting doesn't really benefit you very much financially. There are different types of concrete for different purposes. For casting something in a mold, you would want something fine, that doesn't have the rough stones in it, like Portland Cement.

Sean can you help me over here? do you mean concrete as in: solid, or in the mixture of stone water mortal etc.

Because i have done some solid cast before but i dont have any experience with concrete cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he just means try to cast a solid shape instead of a hollow one. Portland cement is essentially the most fine smooth form of cement. Flows easily and hardens to a smooth surface, four bucks a bag.

Cement is just 2 parts lime (limestone) one part clay (shale) with a little sand or gravel to give more structural strength. Portland cement has no gravel and only fine sand.

Yes, what Sigma said.

I basically meant that you should cast them solid with Portland Cement, or something finer than your typical concrete.

Either that or cast them hollow with resin and paint them to look like concrete.

Well at the moment i just dont know. At the moment im in pre-fabrication, so i have not yet a indication of any price.

Today i got my special clay in from Germany, because for some reason the special doll clay that i usually use isn't available in Holland anymore. So i got Super Sculpey, its a polymer clay. Its really ideal for stuff like this, it have the quality's of oil base clay but its also shatter and chip resistant.

The layer of clay isn't anything close to finish, its just the first layer with some hefty details

Enough Talk here are some early clay pics:
gruntinclay001cw9.jpg

gruntinclay002smallsw6.jpg

66464-Gruntincla.jpeg

66465-Gruntincla.jpeg

gruntinclay005smallcv9.jpg

Well that up to you guys.. i still don't have a price for the grunt, just PM me if you are interested in one and i will see what i can do.

The upper body is mostly done, his breast plate and backshield are in place.There is still enough work for me, i need to smooth out his body and shield so i don't have to do heavy sanding on the grunt later on. The arms I'm separately because there are some detail that are hard to do when they are attached to something. Thank to the shape of the Gunt I'm thinking of a 3 part mold.

In the 2 last pictures i attached the head model to give you the over all look

Picture time!

gruntklei2001kleinpe6.jpg

gruntklei2004kleinyp3.jpg

gruntklei2005kleinlm4.jpg

gruntklei2002kleinmw3.jpg

gruntklei2003kleindq3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back