Does anyone know what the undersuit is made of, how it was bound together, and how many hours did it take to build it? I noticed when the undersuit was brought up in the first post along with all the part's build time, the build time wasn't included for the undersuit.
I don't actually have photos of the undersuit sewing process since I did everything for it over the course of three evenings before a convention (because I'm a dope) so there's photos of me being wrapped in tape, a paper pattern and then it just magically appears done because of con crunch.

The undersuit is made of Super Techno Scuba (main panels) and marine vinyl (ribbed details between panels and neck seal) all sewn together with a serger to preserve the stretch of the material and provide a strong stitch that is unlikely to fail without serious abuse. The shins, thighs and biceps are all attached to the suit with nylon webbing attached to the undersuit which helps prevent rotation when worn.

If I was going to take my time with this sewing project it'd probably be a 20 to 30 hour project but time constraints and caffeine turned it into about a 15 hour job. If I was to redo it I'd add gussets to the underarm to help it stay skin tight when my arms are raised but other than that, it matches the reference I used and it fits well.

Fakhri Kamarul Zaman
I thought it would be a neoprene like material. These guys are telling the OP that neoprene like materials are not advisable. You should show them your undersuit and let them know what its like in there. Is it really a death sentence to wear that material like they say it is?

Fakhri Kamarul Zaman
I thought it would be a neoprene like material. These guys are telling the OP that neoprene like materials are not advisable. You should show them your undersuit and let them know what its like in there. Is it really a death sentence to wear that material like they say it is?
Neoprene is not great to be honest, lycra is a far better choice but fabric selection on a small island isn't always great so I went with what I did which is a material called Techno Scuba (polyester/spandex blend) which is not insulated the same way a cold water wetsuit would be. I've worn Daisy out in 35°C weather and in general being armoured in weather like that isn't a fun experience but the sweat layer trapped against your skin helps as long as there's airflow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back