Halo Novels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrisan said:
I'm sorry but what is GoO?
I've only read the Flood, First Strike, Fall of Reach.
I think probably Fall of Reach is my favorite next to First Strike.
The flood was kind of boring, it was just like playing the game only the game is 10192109 times better.

GoO is Ghosts of Onyx

I agree with yo about "The Flood".

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say everyone was awesome. I could not put them down
even The Flood was great, even if it was "a copy of the game". Reading about the warthog-run on "The Maw" was just as exciting as doing it in person, seriously

Definatly "The Fall Of Reach"! I love how you get to read about the training exersizes the spartian's endure while they train! Its so exciteing!

And I just realized something. Im totaly ubsesed with Halo. I remember I did my speach on it!

If you all want to read it, its sorta long. Its about a 5 minute read, but If you wana read it, here it is.

HALO-THE FLOOD

You heard the lady, move like you got a purpose!

Once again, it is our job to finish what the flyboys started. We are leaving this ship and engaging the Covenant on solid ground! When we meet the enemy on this alien construct so called "Halo", we will rip there skulls from there spine and toss them away laughing! Am I right marines?

Sir, yes sir!

Mhm, Dang right I am. Now move out double time!

Attention all personel, we are re-ingaging the enemy, external and internal contact is imminent.

TEACHERS NAME ,and fellow classmates, in case you didn't catch that, this is the beginning of it all. The war between human kind, and the Covenant, a ruthless group of religious aliens far more superior in technology then us. This all started at 0127 hours, September 19, 2552.

The epic adventure begins aboard the ship "The Pillar of Autumn", a star ship that escaped from Reach, a scientifically developed planet made to house some of Earth's population that was attacked by the Covenant.

In an attempt to outrun the Covenant persuers, Cpt. Keys, The Captian of the "Piller of Autumn", commanded for the ship to take a random jump into slipspace, or in simple terminology, lightspeed. When the jump ended, Srg. Johnson didn't know if he was staring at a hula-hoop or something else floating through space. This "hula-hoop" was Halo.

The Covenant had a entire armada of ships ready to take on the human cruiser. Without thinking, Cpt. Keys ordered a command that would kill thousands in the near future. Abandon ship.

Cpt. Keys sent for the Master Chief immediately to get Cortana,The ships Artifitial Intelligence off of the ship. Without question, the Chief plugged her into his MJOLNIR helmet and sprinted to the nearest escape pod.

The Chief landed on Halo and heard a transmission about a base that had been set up for marine survivors.

He started a light jog across what looked like a small bridge overlooking a steep cliff and a waterfall.

As the chief ran on, he stopped and saw 6 grunts, which are small Covenant warriors, about 5 feet tall, that breath methane gas to stay alive. There was also an Elite, an alien that stands about 8 feet tall with either blue, red, black, silver or gold armour.

Using his M6D side arm, the Spartan picked off 5 of the six grunts with well-placed shots and emptied the rest of his clip on the elite. The chief sprang from cover and pulled his MA5B Assault rifle and emptied the entire clip into the elite. He ran to the grunt and hit it with the stock of his gun. Satisfied with his work, he moved on.

After Cortana called for evac., the Chief borded a Pelican dropship and set out to a temporary outpost were many marines were. After being told some bad news, he boarded another dropship and headed for his new mission. Cpt. Keys had been Captured.

The "Truth and Reconciliation" was hovering above a canyon with a gravity lift shooting up to the center of the ship's loading bay.

The chief heard the Dropships pilot talk through the com. channel "We hit the dirt in 5", she said.

As the Pelican dropship neared the landing zone, the chief did a quick weapons check on his sniper rifle and assault rifle. When he was satisfied with his weapons, he got ready to jump off of the ship when the light turned green.

"Green light- Move move move!" he barked and everybody ran off of the ramp of the dropship. The Chief took up a sniping position and scouted the area. He spotted 18 Grunts, 3 Elites and 2 Shade turrets. He turned the scope to 10X and fired two rounds. The chief didn't know what body hit the ground first, but he switched his sniper for his assault rifle and started to lay fire on the enemy.

After neutralizing the enemies, the marines ran to the grav. lift. One of the marines yelped as an invisible force plucked him up and he began to rise to the ships loading bay. The rest of the marines did the same and eventually the chief did too.

The team proceeded on running into covenant warriors and finally, after about an hour, they found Cpt. Keys! After the Captain was free, the small band of remaining marines, the Master Chief, and Cpt. Keys ran down the corridor, escaped the Covenant ship, and began the long trip to HQ.

After Keys was safely at HQ, he and Srg. Johnson were sent on another mission with a squad of marines to find out what the Covenant were digging for in a jungle not to far "north" of there present location.

After 30 minutes without any contact with the group of marines or there commanders, the Master Chief was sent on another mission to bring back any surviving marines, if there were any.

19 minutes later, Spartan 117 was on the trail of the fallen marines, following blood soaked puddles and the bodies of Covenant and humans alike.

The Chief entered a dark room and saw a bloody horror as he reached for a marine helmet with a web cam attached onto it.

The folowing transmission is a classified transmission declared by the United Nations Space Command on September 29th, 2552

"Captian, Sarge can you hear me?! We got Covenant; lots of em'. But they're not Covenant, there tearing right through us! What the fu-oh nooo....!!!"

Thank you!

I know I missed tonnes of details, but I couldnt explain about 3 hours of gameplay and about 200 pages of a book in 5 minutes max.

Hope you liked it!

Dude I know exactly what your talking about, I wrote a paper last year about Halo 2 from Sgt. Johnsons perspective. It was 10 pages and I didnt even get to the actual Halo part..

My favorite book was GoO, Although I think it had a few bad parts that had me throwin the book across the room... It was good overall though. I think I might go re-read fall of reach cant really remember all that much of it.

First Strike was my favorite. It was also the first on that I read. Lol I dint even know that there were more spartans until I read it. And then a year later I found this site and now there are even more Spartans! :cool:
I blame that book fo rthe last 3 years of my halo obsessed life.

I've stated my opinion but I'm really waiting for The Cole Protocol before I make a final decision about which one I like the best. It may set the bar a little higher. Just have to wait and see.

I liked them all, there is only small things in all of them here and there I didn't like. For instance calling a rifle magazine a clip, gah makes me grit my teeth. GoO is my fave to date, but who knows if the Cole protocol might upset that.

Wasn't First Strike the one that takes place between H1 and H2? That was my favorite. I much prefer ground combat to all the naval warfare of The Fall of Reach.

And honestly... the Chief taking down an entire Covey armada? Complete ownage.

my fave is first strike and fall of reach. the only parts of the flood that i liked was when they were talking about the odsts. :eek:

Contact Harvest is definitely my favorite. Sgt. Johnson is a great character made better by a well written back story. it definitely improves on the "you exist and will die" mentality the covenant took in descriptions of first contact in the first few books. I could live without humanity being descended from the forerunners. But it's still a great story with a bittersweet ending. The A.I. being the tragic character was a good twist.

I personally liked First Strike on acount of it's right after halo exploded and the survivers made an offencive move against the covenet not to mention I loved some of ways Srg. Johnsons talk like "I get it: You think I'm infected. Well, I'm not. "This"- he patted his chest- is one hundred percent grade-A Marine...and nothen' else, "Reengage," the sergant, said savoring the word.He smiled."Good. For a second I thought we were running away from a perfectly good fight., the sergant scowled at the ODST and movd to his side. "You better get it together,Marine,"he barked,"or the Chief'll reach down and pull you insideout by your cornhole. And that'll be a sweet,sweetmercy...compared to what I'm gonna do to you." Those are just a few of them not to mention the surviving Spartans and the major defeat they give the covenet to slow them down, it's great I'm still looking forward for the continuation of the series that continuse with the Chief in Halo's 2 and 3 when it's written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back