HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Timuche

Another element of the scenery : the plants ! The New Mombasa is a city with a bit of greenery, so let's give it credit.

Like always, I drew the plans on AutoCAD then I started the laser cutting in 3mm MDF.
cdMDnHM.jpg

Then I start the assembly and gluing.
AJ6tl2B.jpg

I cover everything with expanded PVC.
lvPThK7.jpg

uYqi4MS.jpg

The primer layer for the plant box and also for the plants.
HhyhLFV.jpg

0mEThfS.jpg

And with a little paint, this is the result !
ZsAgkLT.jpg

AFQtB4B.jpg

Asgardianhammer

Identity Officer & RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S113
Just stunned at the intricacy. I seriously believe all of your dioramas need to be sent to eh Halo Museum up at 343. You have got to share this with @misplacedyank, @grimbrotherone, @343postums on Twitter. Deserves to be seen in the Community Spotlight and Updates!

Biskt

This is very inspiring, I love a good diorama, and this is the best halo one i've seen! Any chance we can get a pic of everything you've done so far? a lot of the old pics in page 17 and before are broken :(

Timuche

Just stunned at the intricacy. I seriously believe all of your dioramas need to be sent to eh Halo Museum up at 343. You have got to share this with @misplacedyank, @grimbrotherone, @343postums on Twitter. Deserves to be seen in the Community Spotlight and Updates!
It is very kind of you ! I will be sharing my work with them shortly then, thanks for the advice ;)

I really learned a lot just by watching this steadily grow....
I'm glad to hear it and to know that what I'm doing can help other people do the same :)

This is very inspiring, I love a good diorama, and this is the best halo one i've seen! Any chance we can get a pic of everything you've done so far? a lot of the old pics in page 17 and before are broken :(
Thanks a lot !!! Soon ! As soon as I have finished this part, there will be pictures of the whole because 25% will be finished ;)

The police car of the NMPD is finally finished ! It took a lot of work from me but it was worth it, I'm happy with the result !
rvLuh3D.jpg

The heart of the lightup : the Arduino NANO !
rSEPBK2.jpg

And now, the result !
0q2AQZ7.jpg

XkujxDr.jpg

AU1LzpO.jpg

2rzzSpA.jpg

3YtuomM.jpg

Asejfzz.jpg

(The taillights have a lightup too)
m2ZKTx3.jpg

LAxhPrs.jpg

Timuche

It's so beautiful, well done sir!
Thank you so much ! :)

I never get tired of seeing your updates on this project.
;););)

Now it's time to paint the floor of the diorama.
k1mmqWV.jpg

The primer !
xzfsCDf.jpg

And then the main colors for the "cobblestones" and for the road.
Q8TmsSc.jpg

DDwD6uL.jpg

Then a lit work to get more old and dirty all that for a more realistic result !
DsZ0Vwv.jpg

r7P9iik.jpg

NDvoFTv.jpg

Of course there will be a few more details later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.