Halo Odst Or Mw2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered ODST because i saw the E3 gameplay and found it amazing, i found it better than MW2 because MW2 is the samething like all other call of duty's all you do is kill people and do the objectives and Halo has alot of things to do like glitches and easter eggs and plus ODST is an open world game so you can roam a city and not do the missions.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I'm sure [Modern Warfare 2]'ll end up being a Call of Duty 4 mod you have to pay for.

ODST is changing a lot of aspects of the Halo series, so it should be interesting enough to be worth a purchase. The controller looks amazing, too. Must have.

I'm sorry, but I have to say something. A mod you have to pay for? I doubt that. Infinity Ward's track record for improving greatly on their games has yet to be disproved, and if the new level design, engine, game modes, and gameplay experiences (snowmobiles and manually-manned subs ftw), then this is definitely going to be a new, if not completely new game.

As for ODST, that my friend, is a 5 hour mod you will be paying $60.00 for. Kinda sad if you sit and think about it...

iizahsum said:
I'd go for ODST. I always thought the new CoD storylines were as half ass'd as the models they used in it.

Really now. You haven't played Modern Warfare then, because the story is a lot less "half-assed" than Halo 3's, which Im still trying to figure out.

Emo Possum said:
I pre-ordered ODST because i saw the E3 gameplay and found it amazing, i found it better than MW2 because MW2 is the samething like all other call of duty's all you do is kill people and do the objectives and Halo has alot of things to do like glitches and easter eggs and plus ODST is an open world game so you can roam a city and not do the missions.

Read up on MW2's feature lineup. I think you'll find it a lot less rewarding than ODST's. Not bashing the game, because im sure it will be fun to play as Halo already is, but im not liking the fact thay I have to pay $60.00 for a game that's story will only last about 5 hours.

Im pretty sure there wont be much to do other than killing people in Halo either. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
Who said you have to pay the full $60 for it? Becase Bungie sure didn't.

<a href="http://405th.com/forums/,%20http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10899773" target="_blank">Walmart did.
</a>Gamestop did
Best Buy did
<a href="http://405th.com/forums/,%20http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-ODST-Xbox-360/dp/B001HWB68K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245385275&sr=8-1" target="_blank">Amazon did
</a>
'nuff said.

Damarius101 said:
I'm sorry, but I have to say something. A mod you have to pay for? I doubt that. Infinity Ward's track record for improving greatly on their games has yet to be disproved, and if the new level design, engine, game modes, and gameplay experiences (snowmobiles and manually-manned subs ftw), then this is definitely going to be a new, if not completely new game.

1. New levels can be made by anyone with 3D-modelling experience, not just the developer.
2. The engine is a slightly modified version of Call of Duty 4's. Yay, brand new.
3. Game modes can be made by anyone that understands the engine and can code decently, not just the developer.
4. Snowmobiles and Subs? ODST has new game modes, weapons, playable characters, and maps, but that's not as good?

As for ODST, that my friend, is a 5 hour mod you will be paying $60.00 for. Kinda sad if you sit and think about it...

ODST has similar, if not more changes to gameplay than MW2, so that really makes no sense.

Really now. You haven't played Modern Warfare then, because the story is a lot less "half-assed" than Halo 3's, which Im still trying to figure out.

Oh boy, let's go shoot everybody, then get nuked, then go shoot some more people, then get threatened with nukes, so go shoot some more. Don't you just love a great storyline?

Read up on MW2's feature lineup. I think you'll find it a lot less rewarding than ODST's. Not bashing the game, because im sure it will be fun to play as Halo already is, but im not liking the fact thay I have to pay $60.00 for a game that's story will only last about 5 hours.

Maybe you should follow up on your own advice and read up on ODST's feature lineup. Then you would realize that you, my friend, are wrong.

Im pretty sure there wont be much to do other than killing people in Halo either. Just saying.

Sure, having variety is great, but being an Infinity Ward fanboy is not variety. Study up on your claims before you go around spreading them.

Welll ... i will probly buy both too ... ODST ( can't live without it ... heheh ) and MW2 : the first one was a pretty good game the mission were really imersive ... the sniper one was just tooo AWESOME with the gilly suit and all ... well ... a good game that i sold to buy other regretable crap ( sadly ) anyway i don't think you can compare Halo: ODST to MW2 both are really different kind of game set in 2 wayyyyyy different perspective ... one is Sci-Fi/Aliens/One man army the other is more down to hearth ... with actual event that could happen and a side of realism ( weapons/events/Countries ) They are both shooters but still sooo not the same kind of games ...

Too tired going to sleep ...

Cheers Mates

First off I don't understand you people saying that Mw2 is just like a mod. Uhh, its got a completely new story. Halo 3 didn't vary much from halo 2 in terms of game play. :sleep:; Point is, they're two different games. I'm more towards Mw2 though. And even if you personally disagree that MW1 had a great storyline and great gameplay, well then you can tell that to the mass fans following it, and the critics that gave it a high score. And if you want to complain about storylines and narrow down COD4s, then you can narrow down H3s with "Aliens attack humans. Ooooh how original" And why would ModernWarfare2 change their gameplay, they already have it nearly perfected, so not much to change. ;) Just like, as stated, h2 and h3s similarity in gameplay. Anyways, chill out a bit ImaGonnaGetyou, no ones being negative towards you, that doesn't mean you have to be negative to them, just because you're not insulting them directly or calling them names, doesn't mean sarcasm is any better.

Point is, both games are going to be great, and I'm going to be getting them both, but if I had a choice to get one first, it'd be Modern Warfare 2.

But jeesh, calm down.

2. The engine is a slightly modified version of Call of Duty 4's. Yay, brand new.

And the glitching continues. Also I wonder if they modeled both sides of the guns this time?

Damarius101 said:

Really? Thats about how long Halo 3's story was. It's the fact that they have achievements that will make you go back through the story which will let you understand the story more and see/hear anything you missed.

Both games have their ups and downs. ODST, like many before said, is going to be like a story expansion. Modern Warfare 2, again many said it, could easily be a slight modification of CoD4 with a different story and some new guns. I do not want to take sides on the issue, so I am just going to stay with that.

Spartan117x said:
First off I don't understand you people saying that Mw2 is just like a mod. Uhh, its got a completely new story. Halo 3 didn't vary much from halo 2 in terms of game play. :sleep:; Point is, they're two different games. I'm more towards Mw2 though. And even if you personally disagree that MW1 had a great storyline and great gameplay, well then you can tell that to the mass fans following it, and the critics that gave it a high score. And if you want to complain about storylines and narrow down COD4s, then you can narrow down H3s with "Aliens attack humans. Ooooh how original" And why would ModernWarfare2 change their gameplay, they already have it nearly perfected, so not much to change. ;) Just like, as stated, h2 and h3s similarity in gameplay. Anyways, chill out a bit ImaGonnaGetyou, no ones being negative towards you, that doesn't mean you have to be negative to them, just because you're not insulting them directly or calling them names, doesn't mean sarcasm is any better.

Point is, both games are going to be great, and I'm going to be getting them both, but if I had a choice to get one first, it'd be Modern Warfare 2.

But jeesh, calm down.

I just like annoying the fanboys, lol.

If MW2 has a Collector's Edition that's actually worth buying (unlike WaW's), I'll probably preorder it, but otherwise I'm sticking to a rent unless it's actually majorly different from CoD4. Change is good, and you can never have too perfect of a gameplay scheme.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I just like annoying the fanboys, lol.

If MW2 has a Collector's Edition that's actually worth buying (unlike WaW's), I'll probably preorder it, but otherwise I'm sticking to a rent unless it's actually majorly different from CoD4. Change is good, and you can never have too perfect of a gameplay scheme.
Comes with a real stainless steel canteen*

*canteen should not be used for drinking

lol. I remember reading that on the back of WaWs collectors box.

iizahsum said:
Comes with a real stainless steel canteen*

*canteen should not be used for drinking

lol. I remember reading that on the back of WaWs collectors box.
I totally missed seeing the collectors edition, I just googled it now. That is hilarious and amazing.

Halo ODST: Exapnsion pack.
MW2: Game.

But seriously. I cant see what ODST is adding aside from some new missions. I think Bungie are just milking halo now to get more money from the fanboys.

Also seeing as you need the maps for all the good game types (cant be bothered to cash out more money for a few maps) I don't play halo online anymore.

And the individual rank for each game type sucks imo.

The only thing I like about Halo now is the universe. Aside from that I think ever halo game sucks. But I do like the storyline and characters.

And simply for these reasons I will not purchase any new Halo game.

smilie120 said:
The only thing I like about Halo now is the universe. Aside from that I think ever halo game sucks. But I do like the storyline and characters.

And simply for these reasons I will not purchase any new Halo game.

Now we will all kill you :p

Reasons why ODST could be $60:

$20 for SP, $25 for DLC, $5 for firefight, $10 for Reach Beta.

or

$30 for SP, $15 for firefight, $5 for all DLC, and $10 for HR:B

ODST is supposed to be an open world game. Personally I Hate Call Of Duty, but I ALWAYS prefer open world games, but thats just me

BFDesigns said:
QUOTE(Sigma-LS @ Jun 13 2009, 01:52 AM) MW stands for Mechwarrior. CoDMW2 is Call of Duty.
tongue.gif

Lulz, that's what I thought he was referring to when I looked at the thread. I was like "why would anyone buy Mechwarrior 2 over ODST?" especially when MW3 kicked the most ass of any of the series!

But my opinion, ODST cuz it will be better then CoDMW2!

Actually Infinity Ward decided to drop the Call of Duty in the front of Modern Warfare 2 as stated that it would be too awkward of a name. Imagine saying I'm going to buy Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2....

My opinion is that I would probably wait a few weeks after the launch of the initial launches of either of them and get others opinions before I spend my money. Both of them look to be great games.

Do you guys think they would have another Scarab Gun in ODST, after all, it does take place in new Mombasa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back