Halo One Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I have been spending some time trying to figure out the H1 armor marine neck.
halo1marinearmorneck.jpg

I originally thought that the black neck cover was a turtle neck shirt of some sort with a zipper/buckle in front, but then i realized that the Armored sargents who wear the cap don't have the black neck cover.

halo1armorsergeanthead.jpg

this got me to thinking that the neck gaiter on the armored marine may be attached to the helmet, something like tsuyosa's MC helm neck seal
IMG_2402.jpg

the neck cover for the marine is obviously much simpler, and has a zipper or something on the front of the neck.

anybody else put any thought into the marine neck?

=Jubal=

Jubal said:
found some options for green plastic for the viewer

flourescents_small.jpg

$5 each for a 12"x12" acrylic sheets 1/8" thick. not sure if the green (2092) or fluorescent green (2154) would be best. Will need to see it edge lit to know for sure. I will probably just buy one of each and see which suits me best.
I had a thought on constructing this armor, I have some friends who are active in SCA, or medieval reenactment fighting. There are some people in the SCA who use plastic armor for combat with rattan "swords". I am going to track some info down about their armor, see how adaptable this type of armor would be for our purposes here.

=Jubal=

if you have that piece of plastic on your one eye for too long, it's gona feel a little weird when you first put it on, and when you take it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
cys920622 said:
if you have that piece of plastic on your one eye for too long, it's gona feel a little weird when you first put it on, and when you take it off.

the visual difference between the 2 will be there and if I start getting a headache I can take off the helm and put on a cap

at least the green acrylic wont be a lens

=Jubal=

Last edited by a moderator:
wow this thread has really helped me! im making some marine armor for halloween because my spartan armor is nowhere close to done. the ref pics have really helped.

Hello, eleven years later, I reply to ask, has there been an update from ANYONE about marine armor / costume? I apologize for reviving an old thread, but I do not see nearly any posts besides these about the marine armor from Halo CE.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back