Halo Quesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Jr Member
Sorry for the newbie-ish question, I've only played the games, not read the books... I keep reading on here about how Spartans never die, well, what happened to all of them? The marines are usually surprised to see a spartan...

they do die, but they're all listed as MIA because if a spartan died it would lower moral amongst the marines, so, they die, but no1 knows it.

AND there were only about 50 that made it to sevice as the ass-kicking, lead-tossing, covie-sticking, saviours of humanity, so they were pretty rare, really.

Xavier said:
they do die, but they're all listed as MIA because if a spartan died it would lower moral amongst the marines, so, they die, but no1 knows it.
Wrong! they just respawn, lol. Sadly its true, they do die.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are actually spartans still alive.
Many of them were on reach.
Some did die, but the videogame didn't put in the other spartans (lame).

Sarge Christi said:
There are actually spartans still alive.
Many of them were on reach.
Some did die, but the videogame didn't put in the other spartans (lame).
the only reason being because they werent expecting to expand upon the universe...

i think the only other spartan 2's are in the dyson sphere now....

helios said:
AND there were only about 50 that made it to sevice as the ass-kicking, lead-tossing, covie-sticking, saviours of humanity, so they were pretty rare, really.

Actually there are over a hundred Spartan III's according to the book Ghosts of Onyx. They are not the same as the first or even second batch of Spartans, Cheaper armor and such. But they are Spartans.

Spartan 161 said:
Actually there are over a hundred Spartan III's according to the book Ghosts of Onyx. They are not the same as the first or even second batch of Spartans, Cheaper armor and such. But they are Spartans.
there were about 300 at a time (Thermopylae ref?) so over the 3 groups, about 900, total, spartan IIIs.

I think

Of the orignal Spartan 2's, few remain.
Kelly, Fred, MC, Jurt, Linda.. ect?

Spartan 3's aren't cheaper, they just have diff armor, their's has active camo i think.

They also take lots of shortcuts to get the enhancements they want which ends up not working so well later on.

daystar558 said:
isnt kelly with dr halsley and the spartan 3 on onyx?

Yes, you should read Ghosts of onyx if you haven't already. Great book! Plus I would say cheaper armor with no shielding and questionable genetic alterations make them cheaper than the first 2 batches of Spartans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back