1st Build Halo Reach Foam Build (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow, this build came out of left field. I am blown away with how clean everything is. That chest couldn’t be more perfect! Every piece shows that you’ve put quite a bit of detail, though, and time into it.

Here is where it is at. Still have to add a few small things around the neck, that little console below the chest, spartan ability, and customize the gun with some colors. The knife and sheath is drying so I will attach that on as well.

Image (2).jpeg
Image (3).jpeg
IMG_2744.jpg

Holy cow, this build came out of left field. I am blown away with how clean everything is. That chest couldn’t be more perfect! Every piece shows that you’ve put quite a bit of detail, though, and time into it.

I remember you from that one night on MCC! Thank you very much! That means a lot.

I am so exhausted. My fatigue betrays my love for this. Either that or I am seriously trying to suppress some existential dread.

The little console thingy is added, along with the knife and the sheath. I had to reinforce some areas because there was some tearing. Also whatever that smaller piece is below that is not attached is finished.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 6.13.19 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 8.13.49 PM.jpeg

Shout out to Rock Lobbster for the nades, rifle, and knife sheath and wrist guards (which I lost).

The stripe pattern I painted on the rifle isn't as dark as I thought it would be. The cap of the spray paint bottle is like dark gray, but that doesn't look dark at all. Not sure what I will do.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 8.37.58 PM.jpeg

I wanted to try to do a difficult part on the bicep that I omitted for 'practice'. This was how they were constructed and I tried to combine pieces.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 1.00.01 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-10 at 10.35.42 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-09 at 5.16.59 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-09 at 5.17.19 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-02 at 2.36.06 PM.jpeg

I also added another thin layer of foam on the back side that wasn't there.

Tried sealing this with leak seal and it came out textured. Leak seal scares me! I sanded these down after and gave a coat of black paint. It was worth the experiment.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-03 at 3.05.02 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried sealing this with leak seal and it came out textured.
I haven't used rubberised spray-on coatings much, but a real handy tip is to warm up the tin first by placing it in a bucket of warm water (with a weight on top of the can to keep it submerged) for about 10-20 minutes. This helps insure that when the particles come out of the can, they don't clump together. Also make sure you don't spray it too close or too heavily per coat, or it can start to bubble.

I haven't used rubberised spray-on coatings much, but a real handy tip is to warm up the tin first by placing it in a bucket of warm water (with a weight on top of the can to keep it submerged) for about 10-20 minutes. This helps insure that when the particles come out of the can, they don't clump together. Also make sure you don't spray it too close or too heavily per coat, or it can start to bubble.
I tried that for this one = ( didn't seem to help. Was pretty hot outside too. Not sure if I would try this again but I am stubborn. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I completed my neck seal an added some details to most of these pieces that were missing. I also re-did my little ab wrap to make the foam parts bigger. This will make the lower back not as bare. All I have to do technically is put one magnet on my visor but I think that is pretty much it for me on this build. I have learned a lot about what I need to do next time.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 6.19.16 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 6.19.20 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 1.43.01 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 6.19.05 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 6.19.10 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 9.21.23 PM.jpeg
Image.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 9.21.31 PM.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back