1st Build Halo Reach Foam Build (In Progress)

scorch

Got this done today. I added some details to it that weren't on it before spraying. Also added another layer for stability that is not pictured.

Heard a massive 'rip' then later found out what it was. Hopefully that doesn't happen again :eek:

I will attempt to add lights to this before I go on to priming the other chest piece that I made that was not as detailed.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-17 at 7.26.56 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-17 at 7.26.52 PM.jpeg

scorch

I'm not sure how long these will last for me to walk in but they fit on my boots. I could have made the front part wider as they don't fit flat on the sides (it is pushing out a bit). I'm okay with it though for now at least.

Ngl realllllly fighting an urge to re-do some old pieces but I'm going to stay strong and not do anything.

I found myself already making new stencils for the chest.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-22 at 7.08.43 PM.jpeg

Edit: Typo

scorch

I got around to doing a base coat of paint on these pieces.

Painting is fun!

I also patched up the sacrificial boots with some spackle, and then used plastidip again before painting. They seem to be good. I've noticed some unintentional rough spots after painting. I wonder if I can fill those in after this base paint of paint dries? :unsure: Not sure if it is even necessary.

Image.jpeg
222.jpeg

Edit: Clarity

scorch

I managed to paint this today. I painted the parts that are taped black before painting the rest. I got scared because it looked really bad, I tried to sponge it up then paint over and it then got better.

Also, painting the parts black didn't seem to make a big difference from when it was black from plastidip. I guess next is doing 'silver' streaks for battle damage then 'black washing' it...(?).

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 3.20.38 PM.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.