Halo Reach Live Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to dig the change in eye color. Yes it may have been kinda blah, but its just the short, I would hold out for tomorrow. Plus for me, just seeing the armor perm at the end makes the too long needle sequence worth it!

Wasn't too fond of the live action trailer. The guy is too small to be a Spartan in my opinion. He didn't seem tall enough or bulky enough.

Wernt the S3's like 13-15 years old? IIRC thats what the S3's where from Ghosts of Onyx though.

drgon47 said:
Wernt the S3's like 13-15 years old? IIRC thats what the S3's where from Ghosts of Onyx though.

That's around the time the S2's augmentation began, so that sounds right to me. I don't see why they'd change the ages for the S3's.

Last edited by a moderator:
link4044 said:
this trailer is about a man becoming a spartan, so there should be no action right now

Yeah, it's called 'Becoming a Spartan.' I wouldn't expect to see battle in the trailer.

I kind of dig it. I mean, he looks small, sure, but it's not like he's suiting up yet! Also, Carter is a s3. They were human before they were Spartan, right? The S2s were the ones created pre-birth and grown accordingly, weren't they? And maybe that's just the first run of shots. You kind of see his muscles bulge during that whole sequence... Maybe it's a process!

In any regard, I'm still anticipating that longer HD one. I know it's supposed to be an XBL exclusive, but that's not an option for me right now. =

Vaulter85 said:
Wasn't too fond of the live action trailer. The guy is too small to be a Spartan in my opinion. He didn't seem tall enough or bulky enough.

well with the S-III's they where younger then the s-II's and they where givin drugs to speed up there ageing so that is y he loks so young and he seems tone enough fo rhte age group.

The usual, screencapped the whole video from Bnet and am uploading them all:

4559975286_b693fc1193_o.png

Will update with the better vid whenever I get that.

Nicktendo said:
Yeah, it's called 'Becoming a Spartan.' I wouldn't expect to see battle in the trailer.

I kind of dig it. I mean, he looks small, sure, but it's not like he's suiting up yet! Also, Carter is a s3. They were human before they were Spartan, right? The S2s were the ones created pre-birth and grown accordingly, weren't they? And maybe that's just the first run of shots. You kind of see his muscles bulge during that whole sequence... Maybe it's a process!

In any regard, I'm still anticipating that longer HD one. I know it's supposed to be an XBL exclusive, but that's not an option for me right now. =

I don't believe so, well I know MC wasn't.

this is awesome!

but im pretty sure the sII's were taken as children, around the age of 6, then cloned and the clones given back to the parents. then the real ones were augumented and became the sII spartans.

the sIII's were taken as children i think around 4 to 6 years old.. but they were mainly orphans so no cloning needed..

but from what i know after reading the books spartan III's are all around 12 to 15 years old but with the body of a 19 to 25 year old due to their augumenation and special growth acceleration..

but anyway.. damn they should make more live action short films... :lol

Dang, now I'll have to make a Reach suit after my Mk VI, I thought I could resist :lol That will be for next year! This video looks great, I look forward to more of them!

Garzak said:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaHuZVYv2tA[/media]

extended one.

Pat

Ok, I think I've figured out what I don't like about this one, as opposed to the other trailers. Keep in mind that I'm over analyzing it in true fanboy fashion, and I didn't HATE it...I just wasn't as blown away as I was by the previous live action outings. The Halo live action trailers have always been more symbolic to the Halo mythos rather than adapting a specific event from canon. The ODST trailer, for example, didn't really have anything to do with any events in the actual game, but was just designed to show an ODST from his youth, to his training, his first battle, and then his command, as well as show off some of the new weapons available in the game.

This time however, I think the symbolism is a little over the top, and actually comes at the expense of the lore. It ranks up there with Superman Returns and Terminator: Salvation as having one of the most 'beat you over the head with a shovel' christ metaphors I've ever seen; between the white robes, and the fully automated crucifying machine. I've always thought there was a good running christ allegory with Chief, and the other Spartans to a degree, seeing as how they're told from young children that they're to be the saviors of earth, and have to endure great pain and suffering in order to save humanity....but i prefer a degree of subtlety in my allegory.

The other thing I think the automated augmentation machine symbolizes is the idea of Spartan IIIs as being more of an assembly line Spartan. They've got the whole enhancement procedure down to the press of a button, showing that unlike the original Spartan IIs, these are much easier to produce and therefore expendable. In that regard, I suppose you can count the trailer as a success. However, it doesn't really work with established Halo lore, or with the logic of the universe. Ditto for things like the picture of his parents that he was holding, which his trainers would have NEVER let him keep. Wouldn't it have been more dramatic to show that picture getting taken away when he was first brought into the program. Wouldn't it have made more sense during the augmentation to have an army of scientists gathered around, poking and proding wolverine style in the X-men films? Couldn't they have found a better way to show a physiological change in the character then his eyes changing blue inexplicably? Wouldn't it have given more weight to the hardships he's endured to show off some of the Spartan training sessions?

Still, I will say this, the last shot in the trailer showing off his reflection against the armor was a very very nice touch.

I found it to be rather disappointing. S3 were the same as S2 they were taken as children there former lives destroyed. They seem to be showing him as a recruit who volunteered to be augmented.

The armor did look pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back